It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Operation: Followthrough (Operation: Pinkeye followup)  (Read 233 times)

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
Operation: Followthrough (Operation: Pinkeye followup)
« on: August 17, 2024, 04:56:22 pm »
I thought I'd make a thread for the next game I'm developing, called "Operation: Followthrough", which isn't a sequel, but more a spin-off of Pinkeye. It deviates away from the First Person Shooter gameplay and will instead be a rail shooter. It's intended to be a stop gap between Pinkeye and the true sequel, which is still in the pre-production stages.

The game is being developed first for the Atari Jaguar, and will then later be ported to PC, Mac, Linux, Android and Sega Saturn.

Here's my progress on the Atari Jaguar game so far:

I feel like I'm pushing the limits of the Jaguar's N3D engine, and can't go any further without optimisations, but the game needs to be finished and released on the 31st October to meet with the JagJam deadline, so I can't yet explore optimisations and will instead focus on making the game playable as it is and as polished and good looking as I possible can.

So what do you guys think so far?

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
Re: Operation: Followthrough (Operation: Pinkeye followup)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2024, 05:57:33 pm »
It looks okay, so far!
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline FrænkDragon71 (Ciccio 03)

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Nyah
    • Ciccio-Tan 03
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2024, 05:16:04 am »
Not a bad project from what I see.
I have to say I already appreciate the concept of the game, I haven't seen a rail shooter in years, I always loved them as a kid!
Hoi There

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Blown With The Wind
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2024, 05:24:19 pm »
Hollyyyyy... For the Atari Jaguar? Man i'm crazy for this game now... I want it...  :lookinleft:
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2024, 07:59:34 pm »
Hollyyyyy... For the Atari Jaguar? Man i'm crazy for this game now... I want it...  :lookinleft:

Oh! I forgot to mention, I'm doing a regular development log for the game. It even has an RSS feed if you subscribe to those.

Offline Glazier

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2024, 06:38:22 am »
I thought I'd make a thread for the next game I'm developing, called "Operation: Followthrough", which isn't a sequel, but more a spin-off of Pinkeye. It deviates away from the First Person Shooter gameplay and will instead be a rail shooter. It's intended to be a stop gap between Pinkeye and the true sequel, which is still in the pre-production stages.

The game is being developed first for the Atari Jaguar, and will then later be ported to PC, Mac, Linux, Android and Sega Saturn.

Here's my progress on the Atari Jaguar game so far:

I feel like I'm pushing the limits of the Jaguar's N3D engine, and can't go any further without optimisations, but the game needs to be finished and released on the 31st October to meet with the JagJam deadline, so I can't yet explore optimisations and will instead focus on making the game playable as it is and as polished and good looking as I possible can.

So what do you guys think so far?

Pretty interesting, kinda like how Goldeneye was originally meant to be: a rail shooter