Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: The Smash Bros. games  (Read 6170 times)

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
Re: The Smash Bros. games
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 08:44:58 am »
I'm not super-competitve either since I play with items on all the time and I don't care about stage hazards or whatnot. My mains change depending on which of the games I'm playing.

In my opinion the real competitiveness is with items on, because you gotta learn and take use of the stage, "territorial control", having no items is still competitive but the whole game can be competitive in any mode if people want.

Offline Arazeml

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Ice princess that can't retire from Mario Kart.
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 01:44:44 pm »
This can be true.
Without items, it's comes down to the skill of the players, the character match-ups, the stage/hazards. There's also the factor of how many players there are in the match. With items added, however, that adds a new dimension of luck and factors to consider during the match.
I used to play competitively and preferred no items, items were too strong for me when utilized in ways that one wouldn't think to use them.
Save for the fan. That thing's cheap.
[

Offline Tails' Fake Rings

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 10:25:35 pm »
Since I only really play Brawl, my main is Lucas, with Luigi as my first alt and Jigglypuff as my second. Lucas was fun to play in comparison to Ness, and I had a lot of fun playing against others who were using superior characters. :)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 07:55:38 pm »
I've always been a big fan of Smash Bros, myself. I can get that Melee is more well-built, but Brawl just has so much more replay value, plus the awesome music...well, most of the music (I still have NO idea who though it was a good idea to have that route theme play on Spear Pillar). Anyway, I'd say I'm sort of at a "limbo" in the skill department:I'm definitely better than some of the people I've played with, but I always get Own'd at competitions. So, rating from 1-10 on skill... I'd say I'm at 7, maybe. Anyway, my mains are Pikachu(particularly his blue alt costume), Toon Link, and R.O.B. Secondary mains include Mr. Game and Watch, Sonic, Fox, and Lucario(I'm not particularly good with Lucario, not on a competitive level, I just really enjoy using him. If the Gematsu leak is to be believed, I'l probably end up using Shulk, for very similair reasons.) And that's my two cents on the matter.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 06:54:38 pm »
Since i don't main for reasons, I play as Mario, DK, Captain Falcon and Snake and more, but not all of them,

By the way, When i go play with salehmo2000, It turns out into DBZ!
I mean, JAB CANCELLING IS MANY!
SAME TO SMASHING!