All of our moderators have cybernetic implants. They watch over you as you sleep.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Suggestions for games with character customization.  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
Suggestions for games with character customization.
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:47:30 pm »
I want to try one of these games (finally) and make some weird looking characters hee hee, can anyone recommend me something?

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Suggestions for games with character customization.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 09:06:47 pm »
If you can get them to run. hmm.
Oblivion
Skyrim
Demons souls
Dark souls
Dark souls 2
Phantasy star online 2 -you may or may not be able to connect without a vpn it depends on your internet provider :c-
Aion -has quite a bit if I remember right.-
Archage will have a lot as well but I have not played it yet :C.
Mabinogi
Vindictus to a lesser degree.
That is all I can think of for now. There are probably better than those I mentioned out there though.

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 09:19:25 pm »
All Points Bulletin: Reloaded (APB: Reloaded for short) is your best bet by far when it comes to character creation. No joke, I could spend hours talking about the stuff I've seen people make in this game.

APB is an MMOTPS that takes place in the near future (I think. It's not like Si-Fi or anything) in a city named San Paro. A bunch of anarchists/criminals are tired of the government and start causing chaos in the city. To respond to this issue, the mayor essentially legalizes vigilantes/mercenaries to be the new police force for the city. In the game you get to pick if you want to be a Criminal or Enforcer, and you have to fight the other faction by doing missions and whatnot.

The amount of customizing you can do is insane. Not only do you create your character, but after that, you can create symbols that you can place on your clothes, cars, or as a picture to spray paint on billboards. You're able to place these symbols anywhere, so it's not like you can only put it in certain spots.

How things get customized:

Some of my own stuff (except for the first one):

As for other games (singleplayer ones) there's:

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

The Saints Row series
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 09:34:55 pm by NebulaVista, Reason: Added some other games »

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:29:23 pm »
Oh boy! You've asked the right person. How about:

Soul Calibur 3/4 (maybe 5, I don't actually know.)
Xenoblade Characters (it's not really customizable, but equipment can change your outward appearance, which is a nice touch)
Super Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS (chances are, this is what Miis will be like.)
Amazing Island (more of a creature creator than character creator, but the same principle stands.)
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Pokemon X/Y (well, not too much, and girls get much more customization.)
Final Fantasy XI/XIV (I think...)
Fire Emblem Awakening
Tomodachi Life (within the same parameters as Smash Bros.)
And Scribblenauts Unlimited/Scribblenauts Unmasked. (You can make ANYTHING in that game. ANYTHING. Even Avatars to play as.)

That's what I know of, anyway. (I personally recommend Amazing Island and Scribblenauts Unlimited. Lots of replay value. And if you really enjoy fighting games and customization, You may REALLY enjoy Soul Calibur III/IV's levels of customization.)

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 11:28:44 pm »
LittleBigPlanet

Not only do you have a ton of clothing options to choose from, but you can go even further by placing decorations and stickers on your character, and then you can save the outfit so you change into it whenever you like (also, the game is just wonderful!) ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:35:46 pm by AlphaRed9X »
It a me

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 11:55:18 am »
Most of these games seem very good for character customization, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for, I don't want to play an MMORPG or a sandbox like APB with guns and stuff (i think they are called sandbox), a fighting game like Soul Calibur would be very nice but the characters i wanna make are not all over the top hee hee, Scribblenauts, LittleBigPlanet and also another game I once saw which i think was called Spore are more of what I'm looking for, but I don't think they have much characters customization.

I'm sorry, Is just very hard for me to find a game i wanna play nowadays, I may try one of these sometime however hee hee
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 12:04:21 pm by Scroptels GL »

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 01:20:06 pm »
Oh, how about the Drawn to Life games?

Offline Arazeml

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Ice princess that can't retire from Mario Kart.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 09:50:25 pm »
YES TO ALL OF THE ABOVE. Also for Phantasy Star Online 2, there's a sort of... proxy. now. from the English tweaker thingy.
Archeage has great FACE customization but not so good BODY customization. on my laptop it was a cpu hog though..
Black Desert Online is coming out soonish, also there's the Saints Row series (at least from 2, dunno bout 1.)
Xenoblade Chronicles X will have a fully customizable character to my knowledge.
..sometimes I play Dragon Saga/ Dragonica Online and Spirit Tales but that's more.. cute chibi preset stuff.
That's all I can think of..
[

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 06:41:31 am »
LittleBigPlanet

Not only do you have a ton of clothing options to choose from, but you can go even further by placing decorations and stickers on your character, and then you can save the outfit so you change into it whenever you like (also, the game is just wonderful!) ;D

You already read my mind, Alpha.