The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Why did they stop making this?  (Read 8061 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Re: Why did they stop making this?
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 01:42:59 pm »
Hopefully the guy was taken care of after SL shut down. Faking stuff, and lying to their bosses just to take their money is NOT OK!
Never... cared? Never cared-cared..... never c-cared about his projects??!!
You did see that this is ShiftyLook the guy's talking about, right?
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 01:46:58 pm »
Hopefully the guy was taken care of after SL shut down. Faking stuff, and lying to their bosses just to take their money is NOT OK! You did see that this is ShiftyLook the guy's talking about, right?

I did, yea.
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 02:10:50 pm »
Wow. Who keep putting these people in charge of these projects that we care about, only to have to dash our dreams?

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 07:05:04 pm »
I would say I'm astonished but not really. The right boss can make or break a project.

I could see trouble coming, though. It just seemed like a generally bad idea to put so much into two series (Bravoman and Wonder Momo) when you're trying to find/test the market for 18-20. It's disappointing that series that could have been great didn't really stand a chance with that business model. Not just Klonoa. Dig Dug (which apparently there were plans for), Katamari (which is not quite dead yet), and Legend of the Valkyrie were also doing pretty well.

I would've liked to have seen something similar to CN's first run of Cartoon Cartoons where they allowed many different teams to pitch a pilot and then fans (and executives) voted for which ones were further developed into a web-series/game. 24 shorts were released for Bravoman and Mappy (Wonder Momo got a separate series). That could have easily covered all of the offerings.

Offline Klonoa13

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 07:11:33 pm »
And yet because they had such a DOUCHEBAG taking over Shiftylook, that's not going to be a thing now unless Bandai Namco decides to bring it back...Which I don't expect them to.

Offline ILoveKlonoa

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 01:04:43 am »
They spent too much on advertising before launch
Haha, sure. ;) It's the same company who made Pacman. What HUGE amount of advertising they did surely wasn't too much, considering that Pacman made them rich.
GO CHECK OUT thestadtpark of deviantart NOW, HE DREW THIS BEAUTIFUL ICON

TELL ME ABOUT ALL OF THE KLONOA COLLECTIBLES PLEASE
I WANNA BECOME A KLONOA COLLECTOR