There is a new Klonoa Fan Magazine out. Come see here. https://forums.untamedheart.us/?page=zine

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

Ps1 DTP or wii DTP

Wii
8 (34.8%)
Ps1
15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Klonoa Door to Phantomile [Wii] VS. [Playstation]  (Read 10461 times)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Re: Klonoa Door to Phantomile [Wii] VS. [Playstation]
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 02:08:52 am »
O rly? You shouldn't have get off topic in the first place then.

Yes, 170K is pretty much a failure if you look how many copies a successful game sales. 
They have weakened the story? I played both the original and the Wii make, and the story is the same. Where does it differ exactly? Do you mean those little, insignificant difference in animations in the cutscenes? Minor differences in the English translation, that do not change the meaning of the sentences? Bad news: that does not change the story.

So, does someone have been out of topic imply you can, too? Will you simply commit suicide after watching others do? No, please cherish your own life. :p I was just responding to your opinion that the original DtP was a failure; earlier, I was explaining why HideoY might lose his confidence to make Klonoa 3. Well, who's the last one started posting off-topic in this thread, then?

170K is a failure? Not really. Remember DtP is just a short, retro-like action game, and the 1st game of the series; what's more, it's not a cars/guns/balls. 170K copies is actually a lot. Remember people can't buy digital copies in the ps1 era. What's more, DtP was considered one of Namco's representative work in Japan, rather than a failure. Namco JP even held some kind of the show for it. Do you still insist to call it a failure, only by the amount of sales?

Let's hear what some Japanese fans say: "Namco was a good company", "Over commercialized", "Remaking = worsening", "I didn't feel anything after watching the ending of remake. I dug out my old PS to watch the original one and then cried again". Don't you think there should be nobody complaining the story of the remake if it makes everybody feel the same? It's crystally clear that the changes do make a difference.
Frankly speaking, the story basically remained the same; however, the idea behind the story - is not. It's also true that not everyone can get the idea.

Again, if you want to discuss the difference between the original and the remake, why don't you just make a separate thread? Sorry, star members have no rights to separate the threads in "Klonoa collective". Don't ask me to do so.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 02:20:59 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 05:34:15 am »
O rly? You shouldn't have get off topic in the first place then.

Yes, 170K is pretty much a failure if you look how many copies a successful game sales. 
They have weakened the story? I played both the original and the Wii make, and the story is the same. Where does it differ exactly? Do you mean those little, insignificant difference in animations in the cutscenes? Minor differences in the English translation, that do not change the meaning of the sentences? Bad news: that does not change the story.

So, does someone have been out of topic imply you can, too? Will you simply commit suicide after watching others do? No, please cherish your own life. :p I was just responding to your opinion that the original DtP was a failure; earlier, I was explaining why HideoY might lose his confidence to make Klonoa 3. Well, who's the last one started posting off-topic in this thread, then?

You were bashing the Wiimake, that is enough to consider it off topic. I simply pointed out your ridiculous hypocrisy. Also, you are not the one to tell me what I can and cannot do.

170K is a failure? Not really. Remember DtP is just a short, retro-like action game, and the 1st game of the series; what's more, it's not a cars/guns/balls. 170K copies is actually a lot. Remember people can't buy digital copies in the ps1 era.

Okami, not a "cars/guns/balls" game, has sold about 300k copies around the world on the Wii platform, and it's still considered a commercial failure.

What's more, DtP was considered one of Namco's representative work in Japan, rather than a failure. Namco JP even held some kind of the show for it. Do you still insist to call it a failure, only by the amount of sales?
Don't put words into my mouth. I was talking about it's commercial failure, not calling the game a failure per se. Later I dropped that adjective because I was sure everybody knows what I'm talking about, and I don't like repeating myself.

Let's hear what some Japanese fans say: "Namco was a good company", "Over commercialized", "Remaking = worsening", "I didn't feel anything after watching the ending of remake. I dug out my old PS to watch the original one and then cried again". Don't you think there should be nobody complaining the story of the remake if it makes everybody feel the same? It's crystally clear that the changes do make a difference.
Since when quoting a couple of butthurt "hardcore" fans makes for evidence of how well the game was recieved? Since when any of those fans in any fan bases were happy with anything?

Frankly speaking, the story basically remained the same; however, the idea behind the story - is not. It's also true that not everyone can get the idea.
Oh, how cute. Now you went for you just don't get it fallacy. Like an angry, SO never understood teen girl, "Mom, you just don't get it!" I'm sure that hardcore fans like you wouldn't even agree with Hideo Yoshizawa explanation of his own flippin' game.

Again, if you want to discuss the difference between the original and the remake, why don't you just make a separate thread? Sorry, star members have no rights to separate the threads in "Klonoa collective". Don't ask me to do so.

You can't just write some claims and than expect people not to call you out for it. You were the one who got off topic, and I'm going to keep responding wherever you'll continue to post those claims. I mean it's so ridiculous, first you start bashing the Wiimake and then you are trying to hide behind "it's off topic" excuse, accusing me of what you did in the first place. The hypocrisy is outrageous here.

Quote from: Daemyn
Klonoa got most of his lines stolen by huepow is that not enough to change the story on top of them being pretty different from the original DtP.

If you want I can make videos of both games story but that will take a couple days to a week or so depending on how long it takes for me to get other things done.

Yes, Huepow has stolen some of Klonoa dialogues. That changes the dialogues a bit for worse or better; but how does it change the story?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:34:31 am by Gyzyn »

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 08:35:55 am »
You wrote enough about the Wii make to consider it off topic. I simply pointed out your ridiculous hypocrisy. Also, you are not the one to tell me what I can and cannot do.
You can surely prove me wrong. Also, why should I tell you what you can do? I'm not your parent or teacher. Isn't keep the forums in order a way to contribute for every member here?

Okami, not a "cars/guns/balls" game, has sold about 300k copies around the world on the Wii platform and it's still considered a commercial failure.
But Okami isn't a short, 2.5D retro-like platform action game.

Don't put words into my mouth. I was talking about it's commercial failure, not calling the game a failure per se. Later I dropped that adjective because I was sure everybody knows what I'm talking about, and I don't like repeating myself.
At least the original DtP isn't a commercial failure in Japan, but the remake is.

Since when quoting a couple of butthurt "hardcore" fans makes for evidence of how well the game was recieved? Since when any of those fans in any fan bases were happy with anything?
They're not the hardcore fans you think, but some Japanese fans. Can't you see that no one should complain the story if the rewritten one still makes people feel the same? Or are you claiming they're all "hardcore" fans?

Oh, how cute. Now you went for you just don't get it fallacy. Like an angry, SO never understood teen girl, "Mum, you just don't get it!" I'm sure that hardcore fans like you wouldn't even agree with Hideo Yoshizawa explanation of his own flippin' game.
Well, now I found I use bold at the wrong place...wait, when did I become a hardcore fan, too?
Thanks the develop team of the original DtP left their development logs at "Klonoa@Home", nowadays we can still grasp the ideas which gave rise to the game. Sure, even including what Hideo Yoshizawa was thinking.
Wait again, are you telling me I should translate them all right now? I'm planning to do it, but I can't at this moment. I guess studying for a job or going back to school isn't wrong, is it? The next spring may be a good time to me...

You can't just write some claims and than expect people to not call you out for it. You were the one who got off topic, and I'm going to keep responding wherever you'll continue to post those claims. I mean it's so ridiculous, first you start bashing the Wiimake and then you are trying to hide behind "it's off topic" excuse, accusing me of what you did in the first place. The hypocrisy is outrageous here.
I'm not expecting anything. You can call me out in a new thread.
I'm the one who went off topic? Yeah, I was being talkative, but you can't just judge it's me who started that by my wall of text. They're my opinions why HideoY didn't want to make Klonoa 3.
Bashing the remake? Wasn't my final thought on it "I believe the remake team have good intentions"?
Keep reminding we are out off topic is what I usually do. I work like a broken recorder - repeating the same thing. If you still resist to make a new topic, why not to give your ideas about Klonoa 3?

EDIT: Oh, I'm wrong. I can split the topic here.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:08:43 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 10:46:54 am »
But Okami isn't a short, 2.5D retro-like platform action game.
What difference does it makes that it isn't a 2.5D platformer? It's still a niche, quirky game with a small fan base.
They're not the hardcore fans you think, but some Japanese fans. Can't you see that no one should complain the story if the rewritten one still makes people feel the same? Or are you claiming they're all "hardcore" fans?
Your English here is not clear, and thus I can't be sure if I have understood it properly. Either way quoting a bunch of Japanese people does not make for a reliable judgment of how the game was received.
At least the original DtP isn't a commercial failure in Japan, but the remake is.
170K is very bad. I have already wrote about Okami sales, and it is described as a commercial failure by many game jurnalists. Okami has sold a lot more copies wordwide than DtP. DtP is not an indie game, and is far away from success in that regards.

Bashing the remake? Wasn't my final thought on it "I believe the remake team have good intentions"?
You have called the remake a failure. It is much different than saying that you personally did not like it. If you would say that, there's not much I can do about it. I mean, those are your subjective thoughts. However, you have written a thesis statment, and it should be backed up by arguments. And yeah, you started to make arguments after I confronted you, unfortunately nothing I couldn't counter.

PS.
In case you haven't noticed; yeah, I treat debating like a game. Bring on Phoenix Wright music.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:49:49 am by Gyzyn »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 12:09:18 pm »
I split it you can change the topic to whatever you like. But @Sable-Xeno's  thread was getting taken over by this.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:11:53 pm by Daemyn, Reason: I forgot a \'s because here I am sleep typeing. »

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 06:29:04 am »
This is always a touchy subject with klonoa fans and I want to know which is better.

I like the wii version more because it looks nicer and has much smoother controls.
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline Matiri

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Dealing with life one step at a time.
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 07:46:21 am »
It's true that the wii version is better than the original from a technical aspect. However, while the "wiimake" looks a lot better, the animation is a step back: characters rarely emote and it felt like they could have done better with that. As a result it felt like the original portrayed a number of scenes better in some ways. I always thought the original had more charm to it, that's the best way I can put it, and began to think that way when comparing the scene at the end of vision 2-2 between the two.

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 09:30:22 am »
Ok fair enough.

Oh yeah btw I am playing both these game for the first time at the same time so my opinion is not nostalgia.just letting you guys know that.
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • How curious...
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 04:52:53 pm »
I agree with @Matiri on the subject.  I feel that the story is better presented in the original Playstation version.  I played the Wii version first, and I prefer it in terms of content and in-game visuals.  However, it failed to grip me with it's story!  Later, when I played the original for the first time, I found myself more invested in the story, despite already knowing what was going to happen.  Those Playstation era cutscenes and FMV sequences made a huge difference in getting me invested in the characters.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 05:22:02 pm »
Well, this is a touchy subject.

First of all, I know many people hate the Wii remake, but I can't agree on that. There are many MANY bad remakes which do not respect original at all. There are many games released as "remake" but just a resolution bump which emulators can and do make. It has it's shortcomings, but overall it's a good game.

But unfortunately, I don't think it can't fight with the Original. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile is just legendary. Even Lunatea's Veil can't fight with DTP. Original PSX version will crush Wiimake. ;)