You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Gaming platform general discusson  (Read 9288 times)

Offline YouDontKnowWhoIam

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
Re: Gaming platform general discusson
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 02:36:03 pm »
Seriously, this topic is giving me a bad feeling in my stomach. Can we end this now? Please?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:19:44 am by RollingMeowcat »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 03:35:19 pm »
^Implying that piracy is not a problem on consoles, LOL. Implying that connecting a PC to a big TV screen is a problem, ROTFL. No offence, but you just made some big claims, without any arguments backing them up. Couldn't help it, I had to reply.

Also this: http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/pc-games-have-surpassed-console-games-globally/033849

It's true that there is more piracy on the pc platform, but assuming that even 50% of the people who downloaded a pirated copy of the game would buy it in the first place, if piracy didn't exist, is ridiculous. Also as in the link above, pc market brings more money then any of the console platforms.
At least M$ and Sony can ban your gaming consoles, while Valve(or other PC game service providers) can only ban your account, not your PC. Plus $team won't host every potentially good game.

I don't have a lanparty PC, and I don't want to move my "normal" PC to the living room then move it back every time, not to mention the cables. Wireless display? Never tried it, sorry. Besides, how about the controllers - oh, maybe they can transmit signals over wireless LAN, too. Wait, I don't even think about the possibility that you have more than one TV or PC, your PC is placed near the TV or you've got a powerful laptop. Problem solved, right?

Well, I checked the link. I can tell PC is the bed of roses for MOBA, MMO, strategy, and FPS shooting. Classic platformers? IDK. Maybe they should sleep on the floor.

@NebulaVista Hey, my old TV have no hdmi, nor DVI. Care to give me some free money to buy a new one? :P

-It wouldn't be any different if you wanted to move your console from the living room to the dining room. That's a bit flawed logic.

-That's the great thing about PC. Steam isn't the only platform! You can choose from Steam, Origin, GOG, etc. the list goes on. Heck, you can even used a disk and play straight from it. I also love the fact that PC is by for backwards compatible from games spanning back to Windows 95.

-There are PLENTY of platformers on PC.  Just looking at my list on Steam I have:

Blades of Time
CreaVures
Darkstalkers
Darkstalkers 2
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Dustforce
FEZ
Ms. Splosian Man
Psychonauts
Rocket Knight
Sonic CD
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Starbound
System Shock 2
Terraria
Trine
X-Blades

And that's from Steam. I got other games from other platforms, and the I even game some I can play on disks. I can also find any old game that's free online that I can download and play.
Another things I like about PC is that I can use pretty much any controller too, so playing platformers or racing games are no problem.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:19:58 am by RollingMeowcat »

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 04:02:53 pm »
Seriously, this topic is giving me a bad feeling in my stomach. Can we end this now? Please?
Relax! It's just a rumor.
^Implying that piracy is not a problem on consoles, LOL. Implying that connecting a PC to a big TV screen is a problem, ROTFL. No offence, but you just made some big claims, without any arguments backing them up. Couldn't help it, I had to reply.

Also this: http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/pc-games-have-surpassed-console-games-globally/033849

It's true that there is more piracy on the pc platform, but assuming that even 50% of the people who downloaded a pirated copy of the game would buy it in the first place, if piracy didn't exist, is ridiculous. Also as in the link above, pc market brings more money then any of the console platforms.
At least M$ and Sony can ban your gaming consoles, while Valve(or other PC game service providers) can only ban your account, not your PC. Plus $team won't host every potentially good game.

I don't have a lanparty PC, and I don't want to move my "normal" PC to the living room then move it back every time, not to mention the cables. Wireless display? Never tried it, sorry. Besides, how about the controllers - oh, maybe they can transmit signals over wireless LAN, too. Wait, I don't even think about the possibility that you have more than one TV or PC, your PC is placed near the TV or you've got a powerful laptop. Problem solved, right?

Well, I checked the link. I can tell PC is the bed of roses for MOBA, MMO, strategy, and FPS shooting. Classic platformers? IDK. Maybe they should sleep on the floor.

@NebulaVista Hey, my old TV have no hdmi, nor DVI. Care to give me some free money to buy a new one? :P

-It wouldn't be any different if you wanted to move your console from the living room to the dining room. That's a bit flawed logic.

-That's the great thing about PC. Steam isn't the only platform! You can choose from Steam, Origin, GOG, etc. the list goes on. Heck, you can even used a disk and play straight from it. I also love the fact that PC is by for backwards compatible from games spanning back to Windows 95.

-There are PLENTY of platformers on PC.  Just looking at my list on Steam I have:

Blades of Time
CreaVures
Darkstalkers
Darkstalkers 2
Dustforce
FEZ
Ms. Splosian Man
Psychonauts
Rocket Knight
Sonic CD
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Starbound
System Shock 2
Terraria
Trine
X-Blades

And that's from Steam. I got other games from other platforms, and the I even game some I can play on disks. I can also find any old game that's free online that I can download and play.
Another things I like about PC is that I can use pretty much any controller too, so playing platformers or racing games are no problem.
Uh.. Darkstalkers is a fighting game, not a platformer.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:20:11 am by RollingMeowcat »
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 04:35:45 pm »
Relax! It's just a rumor.

Blades of Time
CreaVures
Darksiders
Darksiders 2
Dustforce
FEZ
Ms. Splosian Man
Psychonauts
Rocket Knight
Sonic CD
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Starbound
System Shock 2
Terraria
Trine
X-Blades

Uh.. Darkstalkers is a fighting game, not a platformer.

Oops, meant to say Darksiders instead of Darkstalkers.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:20:25 am by RollingMeowcat »

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2014, 06:43:45 pm »
>implying pc wouldn't be masterrace for klonoa, arrow keys+z and x after all
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:20:42 am by RollingMeowcat »

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 06:49:54 pm »

What's so bothersome about it to you?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:21:01 am by RollingMeowcat »

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
Re: Your favorite gaming platform?
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 06:52:38 pm »

He's put a lot of dedication into rumors before, and I guess he just doesn't want to get let down again.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 06:55:32 pm »

He's put a lot of dedication into rumors before, and I guess he just doesn't want to get let down again.

I see, makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:21:30 am by RollingMeowcat »

Offline YouDontKnowWhoIam

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 10:22:33 pm »

I see, makes sense.

Actually, to tell the truth, I'm most worried about the "remake" coming out for TWO expensive consoles I don't own. Besides, it would be crazy to buy a 399$ console for just ONE game.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:21:17 am by RollingMeowcat »

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 08:41:15 am »
>implying pc wouldn't be masterrace for klonoa, arrow keys+z and x after all
I'm not sure what you mean here, could you elaborate yourself? If my guess is correct, you are implying that pc has no proper controls for platformers. If you had read this thread, you would know that PC has more controllers than any console ever created.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 09:21:45 am by RollingMeowcat »