Admins here are usually hiding in the shadows. We hate bright light.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Noctis Sol coming to an end  (Read 7063 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Noctis Sol coming to an end
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 05:11:35 pm »
Where did you get the info that they were changing names? I can't find the news anywhere on the Internet.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 05:21:49 pm »
Quote from: "Windbullet"
Where did you get the info that they were changing names? I can't find the news anywhere on the Internet.
http://www.destructoid.com/namco-bandai-is-changing-its-name-to-bandai-namco-269488.phtml

Offline TimoKitsune

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 05:21:55 pm »
I also am posting for the first time here (in a long while), because why not?

Basically, this whole bombshell is beyond appalling. I don't even want to say that Noctis Sol is ending, because to be quite frank, this decision will cause it to be unfinished. There was no warning to even prepare for this. There was no rhyme, nor a reason that they couldn't have just stifled whatever the heck was going on in there to at least let certain projects like Noctis Sol finish up. It seems like it was all done because Namco/Bandai said so.

All I am hoping right now is that enough noise brings solidarity against this, just like what happened with Microsoft with the XBox One. As far as I'm concerned, the damage is done and it's only a matter of time (and planning) that Namco/Bandai gets their just desserts for this.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:23:18 pm by TimoKitsune »

Offline SomariFeyWright

• Wind
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 06:12:09 pm »
... Well.
I think I've come to figure out where all the Namco hate comes from.

Seriously, this is just stupid. We were only given a WEEK of notice before being informed that things were going down like this. Without ANY legitimate reasons whatsoever. It's like the taking down of Fighting is Magic, only that was just a game, this is an entire site built on so many different copyright comics.

Especially given what this entails for poor Klonoa. The comic was the last thing Klonoa had to stand on. Without it... will Namco still keep the poor guy around? Do they even care at this point?

Well, one thing's for sure, until further notice, you can be darn sure I'm not letting this go easily. -_-

YOU WANNA FORGET ABOUT KLONOA NAMCO?! YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME  >:O

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 06:19:37 pm »
Quote from: "Foxytail"
I also am posting for the first time here (in a long while), because why not?

Basically, this whole bombshell is beyond appalling. I don't even want to say that Noctis Sol is ending, because to be quite frank, this decision will cause it to be unfinished. There was no warning to even prepare for this. There was no rhyme, nor a reason that they couldn't have just stifled whatever the heck was going on in there to at least let certain projects like Noctis Sol finish up. It seems like it was all done because Namco/Bandai said so.

All I am hoping right now is that enough noise brings solidarity against this, just like what happened with Microsoft with the XBox One. As far as I'm concerned, the damage is done and it's only a matter of time (and planning) that Namco/Bandai gets their just desserts for this.
Time and planning? What are you up too? Also, guys, don't completely pin the blame on Namco for this. ShiftyLook was a subsidiary of them, so I doubt they had anything to do with it.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline TimoKitsune

• Wind
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 07:23:38 pm »
I don't have anything particular in plan. In fact, I came here to discuss on this kind of thing in face value.

And yes, I won't completely conclude that Namco is to be blamed, but even then, that owes for an awful lot of explanation by whoever is really in charge here. There are possible conflicts that happen within said companies, but when it comes to an industry such as video games, I feel that the gamers themselves have to be put into high amounts of consideration before making such a insanely rash decision like this.

I don't mean to get people rallied up. I'm just stating these things from the perspective that I have seen with Namco and some of the rest of the video game industry itself. There's no need to scream, holler, and moan about the issue excessively, but there is a certain level of manipulation that occurs within video game companies that raise more than just eyebrows and therefore, require social attention.

Yeah, don't worry if this seems like a giant headache. I get fixated on these kind of things thanks to a certain name from The Escapist.  ^^;
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 07:28:59 pm by TimoKitsune »

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2014, 08:18:13 pm »
I have nothing to say. :(

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2014, 10:34:07 pm »
It is really upsetting, trust me I know. I'm still rather angry about it. But yet, that same rage puts focus into the one thing I'm trying to do to draw some attention to Bandai Namco. I feel I'm better being productive, making something than to yell at them, because they're not going to listen to it.

Do whatever you can, whatever it may be to show your support, to show them we care about Klonoa and that they should stop ditching him at a drop of a hat.