It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: [Spoilers]Interesting parts you probably missed in this game[Spoilers]  (Read 5252 times)

Offline Shiroemon

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • お前だめロボットですか?
Don't read this thread unless you have played the first game and the second game all the way through at least once.

Ok going to put some bullet points out first.

• Klonoa is a dream traveller.
  • He serves as an avatar who befriends and protects dreams.
  • Once he serves his purpose he is ejected and leaves the dream as the player. who represents Klonoa, wakes up.
  • His memories, just like dreams, become fuzzy and faded, so general amnesia is involved.
  • GBA games canon and any games outside Klonoa 1 and Klonoa 2 for the playstation are completely separate and unrelated and completely throws all of this out the window

In the first game, Klonoa is friends with a Wind Spirit named Huepow. It eventually turns out that after saving the dream from a nightmare, Klonoa is in fact not of the world, an alien being to it, and Lephise's song effectively removes anything alien from the dream, including Klonoa - The song of rebirth.

If you felt sad at that ending, then good, that's what Yoshizawa intended. You are Klonoa, and if you played the first game, the sadness you felt in the first game continues into the next game.

Here we have the name entry to emphasize the fact you are Klonoa.

Watch Klonoa in all the early cutscenes; In this game Klonoa displays almost no emotion whatsoever.
The reason to this is because Klonoa has locked away all of his emotions. This is his (your) dream that he has trapped himself within to forget the events of the previous game. The game does a good job of making you forget what's happened in the previous game too - nothing of the sort is mentioned.

Appropriate given the Japanese title of the game is 世界が望んだ忘れもの "That which the world wanted to forget".

The poisonous cloud that eventually leaks out disturbs the fake tranquillity that Klonoa has erected as a giant wall to block out negative emotions begins to affect the priestesses who effectively are what's guarding Klonoa from "sadness".

This is why no-one else seems to be affected by the poisonous gas.

Now here's the reason that within the canon of the main playstation games that Klonoa and Lolo are not a couple:

Both Lolo and Leorina are part of Klonoa's dream, part of Klonoa's psyche and serve as his guardian angels and conscience, of conflicting opinions.
Everything within Lunatea is in fact within Klonoa's psyche, it is his, and your dream world following on from the events of the first game - Klonoa being in a relationship with Lolo is effectively him being in a relationship with part of himself.

This becomes clear once you reach Hyuponia. It comes out of nowhere, this is Klonoa's memories resurfacing from the first game, that of which he wanted to block out.
Hyuponia is named after Hyupow from the first game - This is no coincidence. You may claim that the English version is called Huepow, but please, when the original Japanese katakana is identical, you can't really argue with that.

The King of Sorrow's similarity to Klonoa is what represents Klonoa's sadness from the first game and Hyuponia represents all the memories he's tried to forget. He is a large part of Klonoa that was separated from himself.
If you look at the background in Hyuponia you'll notice scenery and objects from the first game, like for instance Grandpa's room, grandfather clocks and rocking chairs - repeated and dotted all over the place, obviously representing one of Klonoa's fondest memories from the first game.

Further accentuating this, which is rather fun, is the music that plays in Hyuponia.

Grab a copy of the soundtrack to Hyuponia, take an audio editing program, and play the music forwards AND backwards with headphones on. You'll notice songs from the first game being played.

Upon defeating the King of Sorrow he disappears. Does this mean the King of Sorrow is dead? The opposite actually. After he rings the Bell of Sorrow, King of Sorrow returns to being part of Klonoa - He's once again become an individual able to experience emotions.

Watch closely in the final scene. Klonoa, who has not displayed any signs of sadness throughout the entire game, cries in the final scene, and a teardrop falls from the corner of his eye as he says goodbye to Lolo.

Once he / you leave the dream, the game says Good Morning [INSERT NAME HERE]. It shouldn't take a genius to figure out what that means.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 03:17:03 pm by Shiroemon »

Offline dragee

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ♩♪♩♩♪
If you look at the background in Hyuponia you'll notice scenery and objects from the first game, like for instance Grandpa's room, grandfather clocks and rocking chairs - repeated and dotted all over the place, obviously representing one of Klonoa's fondest memories from the first game.

this pics? (which I attached)  :confused:
oh I think so too, that is dependable. although furniture design is different

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Nice ideas and all, but I noticed a slip up. You said Klonoa dosen't show emotion, yet there are obvious points where he does, like when Granpa died for example.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
Nice ideas and all, but I noticed a slip up. You said Klonoa dosen't show emotion, yet there are obvious points where he does, like when Granpa died for example.

he's talking about Klonoa 2, not the first one

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
  • Hill Top Zone
Wasn't this already talked about in another thread? Maybe even in shoutbix before I think. Still though, I think it's kind of interesting.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
I like the theory it makes some sense.
Bah so many theories though @_@
Yeah I remember in the shout box that Klonoa 2 could also be compared to the 5 stages of grief or something.

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
It would make sense if there weren't other games in the series afterwards, although it doesn't help if we don't know which ones are for sure non-canon spinoffs (mostly Dream Champ Tournament). Like I've said before, in my opinion, it all comes down to if the webcomic is canon or not (which I hope someday we'll learn).

I personally don't subscribe to the theory that it was all in his head, although what you say does make a lot of sense.

If the King of Sorrow looks like Klonoa because he's a part of him, then why don't Lolo, Popka, or anyone else look for that matter, look like him too? Aren't they all supposed to be in his head?

Not only that, but if Lolo and Popka were supposed to be in his mind, then why do they appear in the later games (regardless of the fact that they're spinoffs). If they didn't really exist, then they wouldn't appear altogether.

The music that plays in Hyuponia includes bits from both games, not just the first one.

Because Klonoa never brings up the events of Door to Phantomile, doesn't immediately mean that he's trying to block them out. There's never really a point where they ask him about his past, or where he needs to bring up anything regarding it. He simply may not even remember to begin with.

Going along with what Sable-Xeno said, Klonoa does clearly express emotion through out the game. Although he's mostly serious, there are times where he laughs, acts confused, and gets angry.

How could The King of Sorrow (disguised of course) tell Klonoa that he's the dream traveler if he didn't already know that himself? (Huepow never told him, so how could he tell him self if the King of Sorrow is supposed to be a part of Klonoa).

There are things that can't be denied, like the fact that the King of Sorrow, does indeed look like Klonoa, and that music from the first game does play at certain points (not just in Hyuponia). But I just feel like if this theory were 100% true, then it would have been just a little more blatant.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:28:19 pm by NebulaVista »

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
Hm, Seems that kingdom of sorrow (Klonoa 2) looks like The Moon Kingdom (DtP)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.

The poisonous cloud that eventually leaks out disturbs the fake tranquillity that Klonoa has erected as a giant wall to block out negative emotions begins to affect the priestesses who effectively are what's guarding Klonoa from "sadness".

This is why no-one else seems to be affected by the poisonous gas.

I pretty much have to agree with everything you've said except this part. I CLEARLY remember it was just Popka that was immune to the poisonous cloud- it affected Lolo as well. (Of course, this might further support your theory- Lolo, as you said, is also a part of Klonoa. But then, how would you explain Popka's immunity?)

(and not to nitpick, but sadness isn't the only emotion in existence. I think I picked up on some serious anger from Klonoa when Leorina made the copy ring at Volk, or maybe I'm just remembering something wrong. Now that I think about it, he displayed some joy early on in joliant (does that light banter between Klonoa and Tat count?), and those earlier scenes with no emotion could be attributed to tranquility. And then, there was that moment in Mira-Mira, when Lolo showed hesitation to help Klonoa- indesicion. (that last part may be streching it a bit...) The game seemed to highlight on these apparent emotions throughout the appropriate moments in the game...

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
Re: [Spoilers]Interesting parts you probably missed in this game[Spoilers]
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 12:23:20 pm »
Because Klonoa never brings up the events of Door to Phantomile, doesn't immediately mean that he's trying to block them out. There's never really a point where they ask him about his past, or where he needs to bring up anything regarding it. He simply may not even remember to begin with.

"There is a forgotten dream. Was it a dream I can't remember? Or a dream I won't remember? Have I forgotten the dream, or has the dream forgotten me? But surely, there was a dream..."
- Introduction, Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

Yes, he doesn't clearly remember the events from the previous game, because he experienced amnesia after the dream has ended. People have dreams every night they sleep through, you just don't remember all of them unfortunately. That doesn't necessarly mean that the emotions that he haven't yet fully processed at the beginning of the game aren't there.

Furthermore, I would like to offer my interpretation of this words. No doubt, this is a very important mologue said by the protagonist himself.

"There is a forgotten dream"
- Not much to talk about that one.

"Was it a dream I can't remember? Or a dream I won't remember?"
- In the first sentence Klonoa used the word "can't", in the second "won't". You can easily notice that he is asking whether he actually is unable to remember the memories of the first game, or doesn't want to.

"Have I forgotten the dream, or has the dream forgotten me?"
- It's easy to figure out that Klonoa is asking if he decided to leave the dream, or the dream rejected him.

"But surely, there was a dream..."
- And surely there's not a lot to talk about this one.

How could The King of Sorrow (disguised of course) tell Klonoa that he's the dream traveler if he didn't already know that himself? (Huepow never told him, so how could he tell him self if the King of Sorrow is supposed to be a part of Klonoa).
Because The King Of Sorrow is the forgotten memories and sadness Klonoa have blocked. The protagonist did show emotions like anger, excitement etc... but he never showed any signs of melancholy before defeating The King Of Sorrow. In a way Klonoa already knew that he is the dream traveler, he just didn't realize that until that very moment.

At the beginning of the game the author of the script points out a very strong connection between Klonoa and The King Of Sorrow. You can clearly see his silhouette, as he is asking Klonoa for help. If my memory doesn't fail me, this happens multiple times throughout the game. Why was he asking for help?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:40:13 pm by Gyzyn »