Vincentmrl's Mac can make origami out of hamburga french fry. Don't ask how.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Project Heroes  (Read 71312 times)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Re: Project Heroes
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2015, 05:57:28 pm »
Hello everyone. I loved Klona. Are you guys still working on it ? Curiosity.
Of course. Sorry I can't be really active until late July.
I sometimes post a picture showing my process in Shoutbox, btw.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline spotanjo3

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2015, 07:14:13 am »
Of course. Sorry I can't be really active until late July.
I sometimes post a picture showing my process in Shoutbox, btw.

Awesome. I can't wait. Thank you.

Offline Normmatt

• Wind
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2015, 01:33:39 am »
I just took a quick look at the what hacking work this game needs. It seems to have 2 copies of each font (8x8 and 8x16) with a different palette for each. It uses an OAM Sprite for each character (This means theres a hard limit of 128 characters. Although realistically its less than that as the game might use other sprites). It also doesn't use standard pointers for the script (this can be worked around by adding a new control code to jump to new text location).

Fixing that OAM limit would be a LOT of work and probably doesn't need to be done (could probably make it into a VWF if wanted).

I also made a table file for the 8x16 main script (no kanji though).

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2015, 11:29:47 am »
Hmm. What do standard pointers mean? Anyways, we'll need to either find a way to bypass that 128 limit, or stuff more letters into every sprite.
VFW seems like a work must be done to me, one of the reasons is the name of any equipment will be limited to 8 letters without it!

Don't worry about the main script for there's not even a Kanji in it. I've done extracting before.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:18:46 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Tortwag

• Disciple of the Sonic Slash Claw
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 17
  • Crazily self-proclaimed Shell Master
    • Jest'O'Clock
« Reply #194 on: January 09, 2016, 06:24:27 am »
QUestion: is the translation project sitll a thing, or has the discussions about it been moved somewhere else? In any case, I haven't played a lot of the Klonoa games yet - I mostly am unable to play Klonoa 2, actually - but I am interested in seeing how a translation of Klonoa Heroes would work. So um, is there any "job" for a rough English-to-corrected-English around? That's ost of the help I can bring on the table if I can actually join this.
Currently writing a Klonoa-themed fanfiction called Crusaders of Pugiland! Discover it here: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1462.0

Also started an art topic for said fanfiction, which you can find right here: https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1877.msg26101#msg26101

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2016, 05:28:13 pm »
So if this were to be translated to English, it would be put up as a Wii U Virtual Console download? :unsure:

Don't ask, I'm just wondering.

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • How curious...
« Reply #196 on: January 09, 2016, 06:07:54 pm »
So if this were to be translated to English, it would be put up as a Wii U Virtual Console download? :unsure:

Don't ask, I'm just wondering.

The short answer is no. As it stands, they could only re-release the game exclusively on the Japanese eShop. A fan translation of Klonoa Heroes becoming available simply will not change that. The game would need to localized by Namco Bandai for this to become a reality. But last I checked, they don't seem interested in making this game available for an international audience.

Offline Golden Killer Guntz

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2016, 11:38:19 pm »
Hello, folks. I'm doing a video about Klonoa Heroes soon, and as part of it I wanted to mention the English translation patch that this site has been working on for the past few years. ;)

But before I do, I wanted to make sure that the project hasn't been cancelled and that there are still plans to complete it. I tried asking about this on Shoutbox yesterday, but I couldn't seem to find my original post or the replies.  :sad_face:
It's probably more appropriate to ask about it on this thread anyway. If any of you could share anything about the current status of the project, I would greatly appreciate it.  :big_smile:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2016, 05:39:17 am »
I don't know the exact state of the project but I do know there is some translation still going on since I was able to talk to a couple of the people involved in translateing recently about it.

Offline spotanjo3

• Moo
« Reply #199 on: July 12, 2016, 04:30:21 pm »
I hope that they continue.