Countless of souls have perished staring at Aura's profile picture.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How do you know him?  (Read 14451 times)

Offline Klonoa13

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Re: How do you know him?
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2016, 12:02:45 am »
Hello Everyone! First Off I'm new to the forums! Nice to meet you all! ^u^

As for how I know Klonoa. I discovered him when I saw the Demo of Lunatea's Veil on the Playstation 2 Demo Disc at a Wal-Mart. I don't remember what year was that, but I think it might have been the year it came out which is 2001 since I also remember seeing the GBA title later on that year too. At the time I had no idea what was his name or who was the one that developed the game, so I used to nickname him "Black Sonic" due to how his design, especially his eyes, reminded me a lot of Sonic, another franchise of which I am a huge loyal fan of. However it wasn't until MANY years later where I would eventually discover his name to be Klonoa, Thanks to finding a Livevideo Profile that someone was decorating with Klonoa Pictures and Whatnot, and the fact that he was a Namco Character, which shocked me back then because Klonoa did not seem like the type of character that Namco would have created.

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2016, 12:23:42 am »
Hello Everyone! First Off I'm new to the forums! Nice to meet you all! ^u^

As for how I know Klonoa. I discovered him when I saw the Demo of Lunatea's Veil on the Playstation 2 Demo Disc at a Wal-Mart. I don't remember what year was that, but I think it might have been the year it came out which is 2001 since I also remember seeing the GBA title later on that year too. At the time I had no idea what was his name or who was the one that developed the game, so I used to nickname him "Black Sonic" due to how his design, especially his eyes, reminded me a lot of Sonic, another franchise of which I am a huge loyal fan of. However it wasn't until MANY years later where I would eventually discover his name to be Klonoa, Thanks to finding a Livevideo Profile that someone was decorating with Klonoa Pictures and Whatnot, and the fact that he was a Namco Character, which shocked me back then because Klonoa did not seem like the type of character that Namco would have created.
Welcome to the Collective, my friend! :D

Offline Klonoa13

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2016, 01:03:27 am »
Thank You! ^^  :hey:

Offline GuyWithThePie

• Meowth That's Right!
  • Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2016, 03:33:33 am »
I first found out about Klonoa in an advertisement for the Wii game that I saw on some 2009 issue of Nintendo Power, but I wouldn't know anything about him or the games until he was featured on the magazine's Star Power section, which you can see here:

https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=1718.0

Although I did find it somewhat interesting, I didn't seem to pay too much attention to it and just kept on reading the rest of the issue. Besides small mentions here and there and maybe a few YouTube usernames and avatars, I didn't really pay much attention to Klonoa until sometime around February of this year.

I was browsing around YouTube a bit when I watched something that had reminded me of Klonoa, and I was like "Hey, isn't this supposed to be a reference to that Kloana (That's how I thought his name was spelled at the time) thing I saw a few years ago or something?" And I got a bit curious so I looked the game up and found Caddicarus's video on it. So I got interested and decided to download Door to Phantomile on my PS Vita, and I love it.

So yeah, that's pretty much how I found out about him.

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2016, 02:34:28 pm »
I was at Blockbuster with my Mom and older brother. I found Klonoa 2 on a shelf, thinking it was a rental... funny thing about that. Turns out it was one of the "buying" games. I played it, have beaten it several times over to the point where I can go through most of the game without getting hit or dying. I still have that copy of the game, but the case is long gone...
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2016, 06:44:55 am »
My very first Klonoa experience was through NP's Star Power. I only subscribed for one year, November/December 2011 (they did that sometimes) to November 2012. I thought he was a pretty cool character and didn't think much about him. Four years later and I'm starting a collection on him. :embarassed:
Side note, because my first issue was November/December 2011, I never received their last issue on December 2012. :sad_face:

Offline Magus

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -20
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 06:13:07 pm »
A lot of you guys knew him from 2011 - 2015 and I am sitting here remembering the good ol days of playing  Klonoa EOD (And yes. I forgot about him until Namco X capcom.) and Pac-man World 2 when I was 7 years old. I'm special.
I'm John Doe and I'm anonymous.

Offline GuyWithThePie

• Meowth That's Right!
  • Heart Moo
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2016, 03:29:12 am »
My very first Klonoa experience was through NP's Star Power. I only subscribed for one year, November/December 2011 (they did that sometimes) to November 2012. I thought he was a pretty cool character and didn't think much about him. Four years later and I'm starting a collection on him. :embarassed:
Side note, because my first issue was November/December 2011, I never received their last issue on December 2012. :sad_face:

Hey, that's a lot like my story! I even have scans of his Star Power profile.

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2016, 11:57:36 pm »
Hey, that's a lot like my story! I even have scans of his Star Power profile.
Makes me want to go dig up my NP copies to see what I can find.
Anyone else remember that Hoff section they had at the beginning?

Offline GuyWithThePie

• Meowth That's Right!
  • Heart Moo
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 01:03:13 am »
Makes me want to go dig up my NP copies to see what I can find.
Anyone else remember that Hoff section they had at the beginning?

Don't Hassle The Hoff? That was always one of my favorite parts of the magazine.