Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Engine  (Read 23394 times)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Klonoa Engine
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2014, 01:52:29 pm »
oh yay nice to see more of it coming together. Moos need a way to re spawn I think since if you die in the first area there is no way to get back up to the 2nd

I like how it is going so far :D I wonder if there is a way to make levels able to go vertically as well like in parts of the gba games.

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • This sentence contains a lie.
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2014, 02:06:42 pm »
oh yay nice to see more of it coming together. Moos need a way to re spawn I think since if you die in the first area there is no way to get back up to the 2nd

I like how it is going so far :D I wonder if there is a way to make levels able to go vertically as well like in parts of the gba games.

I mentioned in the first post of the thread that I intend to make the engine as identical to the Empire of Dreams as possible, for levels that scroll in both directions i have to rewrite the level editor, that is what I am going to do after I have programmed the enemies (with respawning), and when I'm finished programming Klonoa's movement, which is mostly done, but I still have to fine-tune everything, and add a few more animations.

Also there is a bug in the current build which causes the level to not restart when you die, it is because it is referring to code that does not exist in that build, sorry about that, you have to use refresh to restart the level.
 :embarassed:

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2014, 02:12:11 pm »
Okay, done. Final uploaded several sound effects from Klonoa Wii for your convenience.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZIgSCYIb!XW1ENPiMiwxns5skd4Vx_-E2S_Olvv0iysQnO58ZRNo

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2014, 02:25:48 pm »

I believe @FinalSoraRiku pulled some audio rips from the main series games, too, (notably Klonoa 2, Klonoa Wii, and mainly Klonoa's voice), if that's what you need to use.

http://forums.untamedheart.us/index.php/topic,536.0.html

(oh, and Final gives his regards, should you choose to use them.)

This is great, but I still need sound effects for items, impacts, floating, and throwing and such.
 ;D

Okay, well...good news! Final decided to do some more ripping for you. He'll be getting them off of the Wii Version, if that helps.

(And he wants to let you know that he doesn't remember what most of these sounds are, so they're not all named properly, but he did at least hint to what He thought they were. :u)

Just noticed that I have the soundfile for the ear fluttering in the other library, that probably means that I have everything I need now, thanks a ton for all the help from everyone involved. I will give a heads up if there is anything else that I need.
 :big_smile:

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 08:49:24 am »
Good news everyone!
 :D

I figured I'd release the level editor in it's current form, note that I'm not finished coding most enemies, and I'm recycling a lot of the code, so some enemy object behavior can be wonky, enemy projectile collision detection is still handeled quite lazily too, and there are a few quirks in the platforming physics that I'm trying to stamp out, other than that if there are game breaking bugs, I'd like to hear about them.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e7b3564d318d109647dfdffd86e59f24

You can change the controls in the File -> Player Menu.

Default Controls:

Space: Jump
Crtl: Wind Bullet

It would great if we found someplace to upload user created levels, as much fun as it is to see the levels you guys have made, I would rather not see this thread filled with them, it would be great if I could give a link to a directory where people upload their levels on the first post of the thread, anyone know a good place to use?
 :unsure:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:53:39 am by S.Z. »

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 08:52:17 am »
Good news everyone!
 :D

I figured I'd release the level editor in it's current form, note that I'm not finished coding most enemies, and I'm recycling a lot of the code, so some enemy object behavior can be wonky, enemy projectile collision detection is still handeled quite lazily too, and there are a few quirks in the platforming physics that I'm trying to stamp out, other than that if there are game breaking bugs, I'd like to hear about them.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e7b3564d318d109647dfdffd86e59f24

You can change the controls in the File -> Player Menu.

Default Controls:

Space: Jump
Crtl: Wind Bullet

It would great if we found someplace to upload user created levels, as much fun as it is to see the levels you guys have made, I would rather not see this thread filled with them, it would be great if I could give a link to a directory where people upload their levels on the first post of the thread.
 :unsure:
Easy ; Make a new thread on Klonoa Fan Game board, and list all of them, and let it for the Mods to update it. ;)

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 08:55:44 am »
Easy ; Make a new thread on Klonoa Fan Game board, and list all of them, and let it for the Mods to update it. ;)

That sounds reasonable enough, I'd like someone else do it though, as long as it contains a link to the first page on this thread it should be good enough to get people started, I'm kinda preoccupied making the engine.
 :embarassed:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:07:55 am by S.Z. »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 11:18:14 am »
First thing's first. I can allow for uploading material here and if your engine is completed I can put it up on the front page. ;)

Offline radel1996

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • I'm new here!
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2014, 01:51:35 pm »
Not bad so far  ;)
BTW you can write me help about enemy respawn?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 01:53:42 pm by radel1996 »

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 02:45:41 pm »
Not bad so far  ;)
BTW you can write me help about enemy respawn?

The way my engine handles that is by storing enemy original spawn X,Y, coordinates upon creation, as internal values of the enemy itself,  instead of destroying the enemy when it dies, it simply gets teleported back to the point of origin and hidden, then I create a portal animation at that point, when the animation finishes the enemy becomes visible again.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:47:27 pm by S.Z. »