There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Tabletop Games  (Read 5382 times)

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
Re: Tabletop Games
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 12:08:11 pm »
ahh ok

Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline IsmaDLR

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 04:03:42 pm »
Also, something I forgot, there are a lot of tabletop games on Kickstarter, if you find one that you're interested, you cna always remember the name of the game and keep track of the progress of the game, release date, etc.

There are a lot of tabletop games, and I'm interested to try Sushi Go to see if it's good. Having someone you know that has a game you don't played and want to give it a go is always a great option to test them.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 12:02:44 am »
played two new boardgames last night.

Expedition was okay. It plays like a Pick Your Own Adventure through a cell-phone app. Everyone picks a character and selects cards randomly from their respective ability deck. As players go through the story they vote on what to do. When they enter combat a timer starts and the players pick the spell they want as fast as they can; the longer the players take to choose the more damage the enemies deal. Roll D20 for successes.

The game was somewhat fun but communication was near impossible as everyone spoke out of turn and nobody knew what the other players were casting during the cast phase on the timer. Some round everyone cast buffs and nobody used a damage spell... In the end there were only 3 missions available and they were all really really short...they have a writing contest so I guess they are hoping the community builds the game...

Castle Magic is interesting but it can be a real slog. Everyone is given a random character card that is hidden to the other players. Each character has motives to earn points by owning the castle Crown, Scepter, or Amulet. There are allies but players need to deduce who is who. Eventually the players need to peform the desired ritual by moving an On/Off track for a Candle, Book, and Bell. The correct combination designates how the game ended and points are earned if your character benefits from that ending. If anyone plays it I suggest starting with all spell ratings at 3...it takes a long time for anything to happen otherwise.

Offline IsmaDLR

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2017, 01:43:54 pm »
I played today Monopoly Gamer.

I expected a 4-player Mario-themed-but-still-a-vanilla version of Monopoly. I'm surprised. It has a weak Mario Party feel, since one of the dice basically makes the coins keeps moving from player to player to the bank and dropped to the board and it ends very quick, since bankrupt doesn't exist in this one and making the points that are awarded with every boss defeated, every property owned and every 5 coins. It can have a surprise winner. Except if one player just gets every property.

Also, Sushi Go is a quick game, but it's one that asks for the right people. The cards have "Kawaii" arts and have a touch that I just love. But if someone justs doesn't get the rules (and aren't one of the easiest to learn) the game will just grind everyone's gears, no questions asked.

And just to end, a Captain Tsubasa board game. But this one is from the spanish localization and it looks like Bloodbowl. I still have to test this game. Once I test it I will post my impressions, and I will confirm if it's a kids of Bloodbowl.

EDIT: it is Bloodbowl. At least the cheap option, and not a good one, since being limited to move 11 cetween all spaces instead of as much as all your players allow you to move just doesn't work that well, and when tackling another players, winning with a wide margin will trigger a fault, and the larger the difference, chances of getting a yellow card or a red card become bigger. This one penalizes you for getting bigger die rolls and using better players against worse players.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:22:33 pm by IsmaDLR »

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 08:49:46 am »
who here remembers the u build board games?
Guess what... You're a Cutie