We're partners with the Klonoa for Smash Bros. Facebook page! Be sure to give them a visit!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: No Klonoa game is cannon.  (Read 764 times)

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
No Klonoa game is cannon.
« on: October 15, 2023, 02:01:19 pm »
What is commonly said is that the only cannon Klonoa games are Door to Phantomile for the PS1, and Lunatea's Veil for the PS2. The rest is considered non-cannon and people will constantly wish for, out of all things Klonoa, specifically "Klonoa 3", but...

I think it's not the case, a cannon doesn't exist in Klonoa really.  :unsure:

They are dreams afterall, they can be whatever they want, and have their own self-contained stories, but, it's not something that is cohesive or really connected with any other game. Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil is given the title of cannon because, well, the end has, a bit to do with Door to Phantomile's, and, there is that sweet sweet "2" in the title, but, it means nothing for me the 2, technically Moonlight Museum is more of a "Klonoa 2", but, then again, is any of these games even cannon? They are all cannon, or not cannon, a dream, shouldn't have much cohesion with another, besides, the trick about Klonoa games is that, you can start with any game (except for PRS, you have commited a crime for starting with it or buying it), and play any game in order, because, well, they are all self-contained stories, and one is not needed with the other.

Klonoa 3 is not needed, it doesn't have to be titled Klonoa 3 to be worthy, it can be, well, anything really.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
Re: No Klonoa game is cannon.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 03:31:29 pm »
It's not very obvious but Klonoa DTP and LV are connected...
I feel that Klonoa's character changed in 2, he seems more mature and knows from the start.

Another thing that shows that DTP and LV are connected is, that in the ruins of sadness some tracks of DTP are playing along the Soundtrack of this vision.

Also that the King of sorrow and Klonoa look quire similar can't be quincedence, if you think about the ending of DTP.

That EOP reunited Klonoa and Hupo without any explaination or any reaction to the reunion was a letdown (the game let it look that those two were never seprated from eachother), that undermines any weight that the ending of DTP had.

In DCT EOP and LV are seen as canon...
DCT starts were EOP ends and it gets explained why Klonoa disapears in the end of EOP.
When Klonoa arrives in Garlens tournerment he meets Lolo and Poppka again along with Chipple from EOP.
Klonoa, Lolo and Poppka are very glad for seeing eachother again.
I had no problem with the writing until Klonoa met Joka, i had expected that they would have some conflict because of the events of DTP, but they've never met eachother before apparantly. And Joka's character also changed, he went from a crazy evil henchman that enjoys being evil, to guy that tries to solve every problem with money.
(I could make a whole post on how DCT changed the Kolonoa Lore)

The Klonoa series has some canon, eventough it's not consistent.
(Like a DBZ movie  :embarassed: )

The games focused enough on the story that having no canon would undermine any event of those games.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: No Klonoa game is cannon.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 03:44:41 pm »
Every Klonoa game is a DBZ Movie but, they are not connected in a literal form, and, well, can take place in any time of Klonoa's life, besides, y'all are forgetting about recycling Moonlight Museum sh*t and people consider that game to be "non-cannon".
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/