Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Forgotten Path  (Read 6157 times)

Offline realmwars

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Director of future coming Klonoa Fan Movie.
Let's talk about the Forgotten Path
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 12:51:37 pm »
Quote from: "RollingMeowcat"
Off-topic things:
I do feel that Lunatea's Veil is a game for those who played Door to Phantomile. The first game made many Japanese children cried in beds at night. So the creators might think it's their responsibility to help the children overcome sadness. Although the stories seems to be nothing to do with each other, the musics surely say the otherwise.
Klonoa did want to introduce himself when he awoke at the Tear Sea, but got interrupted in the beginning.
Quote from: "realmwars"
and honestly it makes me sad knowing how horrible received the series has been. Sure majority of the games are marketed towards kids but they're kids games with very beautiful writing. The creators behind the series really put their hearts into it and gave people a game that not only was loaded with charm but genius structure.

It really is sad that out of most of Namco's forgotten characters Klonoa is the one often times given the short end of the stick. If they were to have a kick starter for a Klonoa 2 remake I would so support it.
Horrible received? Not in Japan, where he was born. Klonoa's still famous there. I guess the localization teams are to blame.
Marketed towards kids? I thought DtP and LsV are both genuinely All-ages games. While children may be charmed by the fantasy worlds presented, grown-ups may find the games are filled with secrets and rich implications. Blame everyone who worked in marketing department at USA Namco(It's Bamco now) and treated the Klonoa series as "something for kids".
Well horribly received I just mean the franchise in general. I only know one person who owned a Klonoa game and it was Dream Champ Tournament and the person even told me they never had played it despite owning it (to which I spent two hours of me begging to have it)

Yeah I know Klonoa is rather popular in Japan, but everywhere else not too much.

As for what you said about aimed towards kids, that's somewhat what I was implying. Sure the games are marketed towards a child demographic with it's cute designs but they've got such genius writing to them I feel anyone could pick it up and enjoy it. Not disagreeing with you just hoping it clears up what I'm saying.

As for the person who despite owning Dream Champ Tournament and never playing it, yeah much shame was spread that day  >:( .

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 06:27:42 pm »
The only reason the series dosn't sell in the West is because the advertising is nothing but PURE GARBAGE that makes people uninterested. I HATE IT when companies treat their franchises like garbage and Klonoa is a good example. Also Realmwars, did the guy ever give you Dream Champ Tournament? Just wondering.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline realmwars

• Heart Moo
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 08:45:33 pm »
Quote from: "Windbullet"
The only reason the series dosn't sell in the West is because the advertising is nothing but PURE GARBAGE that makes people uninterested. I HATE IT when companies treat their franchises like garbage and Klonoa is a good example. Also Realmwars, did the guy ever give you Dream Champ Tournament? Just wondering.
no.

Which made me very sad  :(

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 08:52:04 pm »
Speaking of which, do anyone remember in the Moonlight Museum level of Klonoa 2 there was some laughing in there as well? I mean, the whole level was pretty abstract, but it was one room, but I couldn't quite put my finger where the source was in that room.

Offline realmwars

• Heart Moo
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 12:11:42 am »
Quote from: "the_darai"
Speaking of which, do anyone remember in the Moonlight Museum level of Klonoa 2 there was some laughing in there as well? I mean, the whole level was pretty abstract, but it was one room, but I couldn't quite put my finger where the source was in that room.
Are you talking about the Hall of Memories? The part where the game starts pulling a Metroid?

I think that was the priestesses laughing. It's mainly the forgotten path that got me questioning, why are there children giggling?

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 12:52:00 pm »
Well horribly received I just mean the franchise in general. I only know one person who owned a Klonoa game and it was Dream Champ Tournament and the person even told me they never had played it despite owning it (to which I spent two hours of me begging to have it)

Yeah I know Klonoa is rather popular in Japan, but everywhere else not too much.

As for what you said about aimed towards kids, that's somewhat what I was implying. Sure the games are marketed towards a child demographic with it's cute designs but they've got such genius writing to them I feel anyone could pick it up and enjoy it. Not disagreeing with you just hoping it clears up what I'm saying.

As for the person who despite owning Dream Champ Tournament and never playing it, yeah much shame was spread that day  >:( .
Let me make myself clear, too.
I just want to emphasize the Klonoa series can be fun to anyone. If I remember correctly, in the Japanese Klonoa 2 CM an "adult" was playing the game. Another thing is I am suspecting that Namco USA treated the series as something "childish", and I'm not very happy with that.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 02:29:48 pm »
Not to veer this even more off topic but the only not-completely-silly ad Namco USA gave Klonoa was the one for Klonoa 2. It gave off a hero of legend feeling with the inked Japanese text and describing the traits of Klonoa (Wind, flight, clever, and speed.) The one thing that makes the ad silly-ish is that they wrote "and his ears." xP But the ad must've been effective since it made me wanna buy the game, eh?

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 12:30:41 pm »
Quote from: "the_darai"
Are you talking about the Hall of Memories? The part where the game starts pulling a Metroid?

I think that was the priestesses laughing. It's mainly the forgotten path that got me questioning, why are there children giggling?

It would make sense, since that's when you see the priestesses laughing at Lolo, in that level. Ah memories.

Quote from: "ka64"
Not to veer this even more off topic but the only not-completely-silly ad Namco USA gave Klonoa was the one for Klonoa 2. It gave off a hero of legend feeling with the inked Japanese text and describing the traits of Klonoa (Wind, flight, clever, and speed.) The one thing that makes the ad silly-ish is that they wrote "and his ears." xP But the ad must've been effective since it made me wanna buy the game, eh?

Wow, I've never seen that ad before. It's rather adorable.

When I think of it, I NEVER seen a Klonoa ad. Ever.