We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Cave Story  (Read 4099 times)

Offline Alexinator

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: -6
Cave Story
« on: December 30, 2015, 03:21:03 pm »
Have you ever played this game before?

It's a 2D platform/adventure game.

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • How curious...
Re: Cave Story
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 04:10:11 pm »
You bet I have! ;D
I played and beaten this game dozens of times in several versions. Cave Story in one of my personal top 5 favorite games!
I even bought Cave Story 3D directly from the publisher when it was new! (Fun Fact: There is an inventory glitch that allows the player to switch event flags in this version.)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 04:36:27 pm »
Very much yes I have played it :D I have a fav character in it too.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 04:42:52 pm »
Very much yes I have played it :D I have a fav character in it too.

Yup, I wonder who it is...maybe it's a certain purple Mimiga. :P

Anyway, Cave Story is one of my favorite games, it's the game that gave birth to the indie scene. Few games have came close to the legacy of Cave Story.

Offline Braixen

• Attends nightly prank call meetings
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
  • Wario
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 04:59:13 pm »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I've been a fan since I was still a cringeworthy iPhone FNaF Fan edgy kid who thought PewDiePie was entertainment
(Which wasn't that long ago...  :sad_face:)
Heck, I have a big Quote sticker on my 3DS.

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • How curious...
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 06:10:15 pm »
If anyone here also has Pushmo, then this might interest you.

(I made this back in 2012. This is the first time I uploaded it anywhere!) Enjoy! ;D

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 08:56:02 pm »
I've beaten cave story more times then i can count. Though i still can't get the good ending. Balos is too hard T^T

Offline Dish

• Gone with the Wind
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Hi! I'm Dish!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 09:44:46 pm »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

ME TOO AAAAAAAAAAAAa

CAVE STORY IS AND WAS MY LIFE, and is definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 02:43:51 am »
It's been a good long while since I commented on this forum. Buuut seeing as how I kinda wanna talk about Cave Story, I figured this might be as good a place as any.

I wanna say I first discovered this game via Nintendo Power when they showcased the WiiWare version. Sadly, internet connection wasn't great, so I had to pass on it.

It wasn't until I got a 3DS and had access to some internet to dowload games that I got to it. I wanna say that was back in 2012. I decided to snag the DSi Ware version because it was cheaper than Cave Story 3D. Wish I had gotten Cave Story 3D in hindsight, but oh well.

But hey, I had a good time with what I played regardless. I liked the characters, and I liked the level design and the story. And hey, I think it may have played a part in me preferring a lot of indie games over AAA stuff.

But after that first playthrough, I guess I never gave it too much thought. But then the Nintendo Switch came out, and then I got one. And I saw Cave Story+ was on there, both physically and digitally.

You wanna know why I regret not getting Cave Story 3D? I have two broken 3DSes, and the second one is literally impossible for me to transfer data to. Cave Story 3D had a physical version, and if I had spent the extra money on that, I would have had a 3DS version I could still play on my current 3DS.

Regardless, however? I did not wanna repeat that mistake, so I chose to get a physical copy of Cave Story+. And so far, it's the same game I played on my 3DS five years back, which is a good thing in my book. Plus, due to the way the Switch is made, I can play it both as a console title and a handheld title. Two birds, one stone, why not? Plus, I finally have a copy I can proudly put on my shelf. Hopefully I can dig deep into this revisit soon, and maybe get some endings I couldn't really get the first time.

But I gotta give a mention to the Switch version's goodies that come with it. It comes with a music CD, and a manual. A manual that very much evokes the retro games that inspired it. It was a nice touch, and the manual is printed in good quality paper, so hey.

But yeah, looking forward to going into this revisit.

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 05:53:38 am »
It's been a good long while since I commented on this forum. Buuut seeing as how I kinda wanna talk about Cave Story, I figured this might be as good a place as any.

I wanna say I first discovered this game via Nintendo Power when they showcased the WiiWare version. Sadly, internet connection wasn't great, so I had to pass on it.

It wasn't until I got a 3DS and had access to some internet to dowload games that I got to it. I wanna say that was back in 2012. I decided to snag the DSi Ware version because it was cheaper than Cave Story 3D. Wish I had gotten Cave Story 3D in hindsight, but oh well.

But hey, I had a good time with what I played regardless. I liked the characters, and I liked the level design and the story. And hey, I think it may have played a part in me preferring a lot of indie games over AAA stuff.

But after that first playthrough, I guess I never gave it too much thought. But then the Nintendo Switch came out, and then I got one. And I saw Cave Story+ was on there, both physically and digitally.

You wanna know why I regret not getting Cave Story 3D? I have two broken 3DSes, and the second one is literally impossible for me to transfer data to. Cave Story 3D had a physical version, and if I had spent the extra money on that, I would have had a 3DS version I could still play on my current 3DS.

Regardless, however? I did not wanna repeat that mistake, so I chose to get a physical copy of Cave Story+. And so far, it's the same game I played on my 3DS five years back, which is a good thing in my book. Plus, due to the way the Switch is made, I can play it both as a console title and a handheld title. Two birds, one stone, why not? Plus, I finally have a copy I can proudly put on my shelf. Hopefully I can dig deep into this revisit soon, and maybe get some endings I couldn't really get the first time.

But I gotta give a mention to the Switch version's goodies that come with it. It comes with a music CD, and a manual. A manual that very much evokes the retro games that inspired it. It was a nice touch, and the manual is printed in good quality paper, so hey.

But yeah, looking forward to going into this revisit.

My goodness! Surreal! It's such a treat to see you back here again!

I wasn't aware there was a Switch version of Cave Story. I'll definitely have to get it!