Huepow is the real villian in Door to Phantomile.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa DtP TAS'  (Read 789 times)

Offline inconsistent

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
Klonoa DtP TAS'
« on: August 11, 2023, 09:10:17 pm »
Hello, this is my first post so sorry if anything looks bad. This topic is to give updates on TAS work for DtP.

Me, amoser, and lapogne have been working on an Any% TAS that will obsolete the previous 35:09 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hya8R5b8AQ.
It uses stuff not seen in the previous one, such as Right Wall Clips (RWC's), door clips, Ultra Jumps, etc etc. It is not finished yet, but nearing completion (finishes 5-2). At this point, it is 4982 frames (or ~1m and 23s) faster than the previous. There are improvements in the earlier stages and possibly 5-2, so the video is not the "perfect" TAS just yet. This is a video of the WIP so far:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

There is also a TAS for the All Visions category, where you must rescue all Phantomilians. This TAS was completed by me, however again there are new methods/improvements. You can watch the finished one here:

And the current WIP here (which finishes 1-2):

If there are questions about either, feel free to ask about them.
wahoo! ◉ω◉

Offline inconsistent

• Wind
Re: Klonoa DtP TAS'
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 09:11:33 pm »
And because it's not a "full game" TAS, don't think it should be in the main topic but... this is a TAS where I abuse the duplication glitch to finish 3-1 while saving 0 dreamstones. It's not in the true spirit of a 0% because Klonoa does collect dreamstones, but it is the only known way (currently) to beat the stage with the counter saying 0.

wahoo! ◉ω◉

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2023, 09:21:34 pm »
Impressive! I really like how some one here is trying to expand speedrunning possibilities, optimizing and finding new techniques, and, y'know, i was really starting to miss some one to care about Door to Phantomile.  ;)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 08:12:47 pm »
I absolutely love TAS’! :D
I love seeing a robot do what is impossible for a human to do, but can be done in-game!

Just had a quick watch at one of them, and I’m really enjoying it! Keep up the good work!  :smile2:

Offline inconsistent

• Wind
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 02:19:57 pm »
Summary of improvements by lapogne:
In 2-2 R4, we keep the yellow moo instead of throwing it. This is to kill the big moo in R5, so we don't have to damage boost through it. Saves 13 frames. 5 frame faster Pamela as well.

3-2 had a 7 frame improvement in the beginning. Grabbing the Boomie earlier makes him explode faster.

5-1 has general improvements throughout the entire stage. 121 frames faster (~2s).

5-2 uses a displacement clip to get inside the block, which skips having to open it (at 1:20). 761 frames saved in this vision (~12.6s). The Joka fight is 198 frames faster (~3.3s) because we can freeze him earlier.

After this point, it's just seeing if we can implement faster wall clips in 6-1 and 6-2. Most likely 6-1, because 6-2 is as straightforward as possible.
wahoo! ◉ω◉

Offline inconsistent

• Wind
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2023, 02:06:02 pm »
The Any% TAS is finished! The finalized TAS is 6732 frames, or ~1:52. faster than the previous!
Improvements since the last post:
- 5-2 is done ~10s faster than the previous version, thanks to a displacement clip at 24:26.
- Joka is done 198 frames faster (3.3s) than previous, because he doesn't jump this time.
- 6-1 is 211 frames faster (3.5s) because of 2 new wall clips, that were faster than not doing it.
- 6-2 is 8 frames faster, just from better movement and the enemy spawning faster.
- Ghadius is 27 frames faster. Somehow.
- Nahatomb is 401 frames faster (~6.7s) because of better manipulation in Naha I and III.

The encoded video is here:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 04:17:01 pm by inconsistent, Reason: Incorrect time »
wahoo! ◉ω◉