Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: 10 Questions about E3 2018 that need to be asked  (Read 1296 times)

Offline IsmaDLR

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
10 Questions about E3 2018 that need to be asked
« on: April 14, 2018, 08:04:26 pm »
Before moving on, since I'm not used to creating topics (like, I only made one), I'm sorry if I created this one in the wrong section of the forum.

Also... Yes, the subject is a little generic and clickbait. However, the content is something I'm serious about.

This year's E3 is probably one of both the most interesting of all times and the most predictable of all times.
Not only because it seems they changed the logo, but because what's going to be shown at it.

Just to name a few examples, we may see more images about the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, more info and characters about Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch, (hopefully) FINALLY the release date of Kingdom Hearts 3, new games and release dates for the games we are waiting for.

On the other hand... We're going to see more EA boring stuff, probably the same old tired Pokémon announcement that doesn't make any good to the game and/or the fans and the PS4 conference being practically the same as the last two years.

There are a lot of questions that are going to be done. However, I chose these 10 since I felt these are the most important. All the answers I'm going to be are both predicions and opinions, so you're probably going to disagree. If so, you are invited to say your opinions and see what we expect and how different out points of view are. Because, if done with respect, can be very interesting.

1- WILL EA SHOW SOMETHING INTERESTING IN THEIR CONFERENCE?

If you allow me to, I'm going to start with the first conference that will happen at E3, which, surprisingly, it's the one that always gets the fans' awards as the most boring and predictable conference of all.

It's not a mystery that EA shows the expected FIFA, NBA LIVE, MADDEN NFL, in other words, all of their annual sports games and one game that they show one year, then the next year or two.

Last year, however, we saw the first of A Way Out, a game that is selling very well and got very good reviews. It really looked that EA, if they want, can be a good conference.

However, what's going to be this year's "A Way Out"? What game will be the one that surprises them all?

My opinion: You know, I'm going to be honest. I LOVE Criterion Games. It's a shame that they mergerd into Ghost Games and they got stuck doing NFS games. Honestly, I can't think abput a game that will be the hidden gem this year. Not that it's going to make the conference more entertaining...

2- WILL CRISTIANO RONALDO APPEAR WHEN THEY SHOW FIFA 19?

Chances of you not knowing who Cristiano Ronaldo is are inexistent unless you really hate soccer. Considering he's a soccer icon, it's hard to not know who he is and why he's considered one of the best soccer players of all time.

Needless to say, EA will show FIFA 19. They brought José Mourinho one year. Could this year's be the one who'll have the honor of being blessed with his pressence?

My opinion: If they do that, loads of money will be paid, but if he appears and does his "SIUUUUU!" he could make the entire place to go bananas.

Needless to say, I don't know how much Mourinho got paid for appearing one time, but it's probably going to be nothing compared to what they will have to pay to Ronaldo.

While having him appear with the images of FIFA 19 will feel like he's giving it the Thumbs Up, it would be hard that first: EA will pay that much money, and second: Crostiano will be available that day.

They could go with Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I heard he's a beast in the MLS, it will be cheaper and it will be almost that special.

3- WILL FORZA HORIZON 4 BE THE ONLY BIG GAME FOR MICROSOFT'S CONFERENCE?

Forza Horizon 3 was AMAZING. One of the best games the XBOX One has to offer and a great addition to your PC library. And it seems that Forza Horizon 4 is official AND Microsoft will show it at their conference.

Having Forza Horizon 4 is great. However, even if it gets even better than FH3... I can only see Ori as the other great game, and considering it's not a AAA game, it won't shine that much.

The question is simple: Forza Horizon 4 is a bomb for E3. But there's another one for the conference?

My opinion: I really hope Microsoft has one. But, considering that one of the most awaited games for the One got cancelled...

They can pull a Gears of War or Halo. The thing about that... There's a GoW or Halo in development? If not, Microsoft only has one winner for E3.

4- HOW MANY TIMES WILL BETHESDA MENTION "SKYRIM"?

Everyone knows it, Bethesda created a money-printing machine a few years back. They called it "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" and made it for almost every console possible and sold it to the fans more than once. So, it's not a surprise that Bethesda will remember us that they made Skyrim.

Yes, they will show their new games and new cool stuff that are not called "Virtual Coin To Buy FanMade Mods." But, will they repeat it every five minutes or they will maintain it very low?

My opinion: Bethesda should know by now that they should move on. Skyrim was great and all (I personally can't stand it), but no videogame is an infinite money maker. My prediction, they will say it two or three times, more if they show The Elder Scrolls VI.

5- WILL THE PLAYSTATION CONFERENCE SCREW EUROPEAN VIEWERS?

Sony probably has a bad luck for the hours of their conferences, or just plain hate to europeans.

Because last year's conference, for european friends started at a ridiculously late hour. For Spain, it started at 3 AM.

Sony still didn't announced the day and hour of their conference. Will they do the conference that late or they will do it before?

My opinion: Probably the easiest question. I don't know why I asked it. Maybe I hoped that they will do us a favor, but they will screw us again.

6- WILL SONY'S CONFERENCE BE A COPY-PASTE OS LAST YEAR'S?

One of the main complaints about last year's conference was that it really felt like a copy of 2016's conference. It really felt like Sony was telling us "come back next year" and it didn't felt right with some fans.

Personally, I watched the entire conference from start to finish, and I wanted my time back so I could sleep more.

There still are some games from last year's conference that are still in development, so it's guaranteed to be copied content from last year's line-up. The question is: will it feel this year taht they copypasted last year's conference?

My opinion: Fortunately, God of War is finally out and Spiderman will launch on September, so I don't think we're going to see much from it.

However, while it may not feel like a complete copypaste, it will feel like it in some moments. European friends, I hope you have coffee.

7- WHAT WILL BE NINTENDO'S SURPRISE THIS YEAR?

Nintendo will pull another great E3 conference. With the line-up of games that they CAN show, they will. It's a fool-proof plan.

With Smash, Metroid Prime 4, Pokémon and the third party support they will have (hoping that Bethesda doesn't destroy the magic with their conference) Nintendo has a massive gallery of games for this year and next year. There will be something for everyone, everyone will go home happy with this conference.

Now... Nintendo pulled off the announcement of the development of Metroid Prime 4. Maybe it's not on an optimal state to show it on video, but knowing Nintendo, they will surprise us. How?

My opinion: Boy. Where do I start.

On one hand, Nintendo has a lot, and I mean A LOT of sagas that can revive and debut on Switch.

On the other hand, the 3DS is still alive and Nintendo plans to give it support, at least until 2019.

I'm going to go with a big game por 3DS. A new one they didn't show on the last Direct, getting its launch this same year. Switch may be the priority for Nintendo, but they will support the 3DS a little bit more.

8- WILL NINTENDO GIVE ACTUAL INFORMATION ABOUT POKÉMON FROM SWITCH?

I said it before and I'll say it again: the way Nintendo announced Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon was both a disaster and a lie.

This kind of announcement only shows the name of the name, a few images, and nothing more. Not enough to see if the game is actually good or not, and the worst part is that the info they give to us from this point to its launch is even more useless.

I'm just tired of having a flawed, lackluster, lying announcement again, and considering it's Pokemon's debut on Switch, they need to give as much info as possible. Will they do that?

My opinion: It really doesn't matter if they put actual effort, since they already sold the game to you.

However, this time I'm not going to be a fool, and hoping for a more than necessary change is useless, just like the info they give from the game before its launch. They STILL sold you the game because it's Pokémon.

Whatever they say, you will buy the game. Well, better for me, I will enjoy the spinoffs more than the actual main line of games at this rate.

9- BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 2 WILL APPEAR?

Everyone asked for it constantly, but how many of them actually were ready?

Beyond Good and Evil 2. Boy, what a shocker (and a way too long trailer) it was. Yes, it's true, they only showed a video, and yes, no date was given. However, somebody is wanting to know how it is going.

It won't launch this year, of course, but Ubisoft is another one of those companies that constantly show games that will launch in 2 or 3 years. Knowing that, it is that farfecth'd to think that they will show another video from BGaE2?

My opinion: BGaE2 closed an emotional Ubisoft conference last year. They really felt proud of what they had and faithful it will succeed.

So, even if it's only a video, Ubisoft will remember the fans about it. The message will be clear: "Don't worry. Yu will get it soon."

However... I'm not so sure the game will launch in an optimal state. I'm hoping I'm wrong.

10- WHICH DORMANT FRANCHISE WILL BE REVIVED NEXT?

In 2016, the Crash N.Sane Trilogy was announced.
In 2017, Medievil got the same treatment.
In 2018, we have a very interesting bet.

It is obvious that another franchise will reappear. However, from all of the dormant franchises out there, which will be the lucky one this year?

My opinion: This has to be the hardest question, and not without reason: THERE'S SO MANY DORMANT FRANCHISES THAT DESERVE ANOTHER CHANCE.

Let's start with SEGA, shall we? Because... Boy, they have a lot. We can think about Alex Kidd, Ristar, Streets of Rage, Bonanza Bros, Comix Zone, Shining Force, etc.

Bandai Namco also have a lot of them that they could reappear. Dig Dug, Mr. Driller, Galaga... Almost all of them with the arcade essence of them. Not that it stopped the Pacman Championship games to continue. Also, I'm not going to forget about our Klonoa boy, of course, probably the one from Bandai Namco that deserves a second chance.

Nintendo has to be the most complicated. There are way too many. We could start with Ice Climbers. With an 3d adventure game in a frozen ambiance it may work, and it's not a bad idea at all.
F-Zero isn't in a good spot, since Nintendo wants to have a good idea to massively improve the game, so it won't be the one, but hopefully Nintendo figure it out.
And let's take this out of the way: no, no new Mother and no localisation of Mother 3. Itoi just refuses to do it.
So, what's next? Animal Crossing, following recent leaks, it's almost guaranteed to appear. May we see an obscure Nintendo franchise we don't remember to revive?

These are some examples from the 3 companies that can revitalise one of their franchises. It's not about if, it's about what.