Countless of souls have perished staring at Aura's profile picture.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

Ps1 DTP or wii DTP

Wii
8 (34.8%)
Ps1
15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Klonoa Door to Phantomile [Wii] VS. [Playstation]  (Read 10463 times)

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Re: Klonoa Door to Phantomile [Wii] VS. [Playstation]
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 04:42:59 pm »
Iirc Yoshizawa is a bit regretful about the change in scripts for the Wiimake. He was thinking making Klonoa a bit of a mute would allow players to think more about the situations for themselves, but the idea obvs fell flat. He said this in one of the more recent Twitter threads.

Not necessarily defending that choice but it's sort of an okay idea, though something like it is much more fitting for games like Zelda and some other RPGs.

The English voices were a bit funny mostly due to miscommunications according to Klonoa's voice actor, and he said all he could do was go for a Sonic-like direction since there wasn't any good notes (from what I can remember). Someone who got their wiimake copy signed by the other English VA's stated the actors despised their roles but I'm unsure if they were telling the full truth. If it's true though that may explain why it's a bit mediocre.

Offline Consarn

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 09:14:42 am »
Yeah I think wiimake suffers from development confusion and changes.

I like both DtP [PS1] & Wii for different reasons.
Yeah, I also like both, but the cutscenes in the Wiimake almost make me forget that Longear is even there.

Offline Consarn

• Wind
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 09:16:57 am »
Iirc Yoshizawa is a bit regretful about the change in scripts for the Wiimake. He was thinking making Klonoa a bit of a mute would allow players to think more about the situations for themselves, but the idea obvs fell flat. He said this in one of the more recent Twitter threads.

Not necessarily defending that choice but it's sort of an okay idea, though something like it is much more fitting for games like Zelda and some other RPGs.

The English voices were a bit funny mostly due to miscommunications according to Klonoa's voice actor, and he said all he could do was go for a Sonic-like direction since there wasn't any good notes (from what I can remember). Someone who got their wiimake copy signed by the other English VA's stated the actors despised their roles but I'm unsure if they were telling the full truth. If it's true though that may explain why it's a bit mediocre.
Eh. Could still do with a more childish voice. And Klonoa.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 11:00:05 am »
Moderator Note: Due to a conflict of not being able to properly merge the thread into one category or the other I decided to combine all of them into a separate thread. Sometimes unnecessary reports result in these weird things.

So @Juno, @Consarn & @Gyzyn  will have to share the thread for now.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 04:14:23 pm by Roach, Reason: Small correction for the Moderator Note »

Offline Consarn

• Wind
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 08:59:04 pm »
Moderator Note: Due to a conflict of not being able to properly merge the thread into one category or the other I decided to combine all of them into a separate thread. Sometimes unnecessary reports result in these weird things.

wait what

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 09:08:55 pm »
We combined three redundant threads about DtP vs Wiimake all into one mega thread ;0

Offline Hidden Sound Test

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 09:39:13 pm »
I prefer the original simply because I find older styled games more appealing.

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2017, 08:28:40 am »

cool keeps this forum less cluttered.
Guess what... You're a Cutie