Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Shantae  (Read 3935 times)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Shantae
« on: April 02, 2015, 02:00:57 am »
Because she's utterly adorable and who doesn't love her to death.

So lets talk about her mmk?

Gotta start off with a dance, just gotta http://files.gamebanana.com/img/ico/sprays/54d8d0bb67036.gif

Man do i love the Shantae games. I'm actually a belly dancer, and when i was introduced to her i was like it must be fate XD

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Re: Shantae
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 02:15:55 am »
I downloaded iOS version of Shantae:Risky's Revenge before, and then found it's not very appealing to me at the first sight.
The game was deleted after a few minutes because I needed free space.

Care to tell me more about Shantae first? Maybe I would give it a second try in future.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 02:35:09 am »
I downloaded iOS version of Shantae:Risky's Revenge before, and then found it's not very appealing to me at the first sight.
The game was deleted after a few minutes because I needed free space.

Care to tell me more about Shantae first? Maybe I would give it a second try in future.

Sure.
True, i believe Risky's Revenge wasn't the best from the series, but the ending set everything up for the next game. I reccomend getting Pirate's Curse for you're introduction to the series. But so you're not confused, look up a playthrough of Risky's Revenge, or else you won't understand half of what's going on.

Anyway, Shantae started her adventure on the Gameboy Color back in 2002. It wasn't until 2010 that we got Risky's Revenge, followed by Pirate's Curse, and the soon to be Half Genie Hero, which is coming out later this year and will wrap up the series for good (sob)
Shantae is a half genie girl who is charged with guarding the village, Scuttletown. She's a belly dancer, and can transform into different creatures by dancing. She uses her hair as a whip to fight.
Her rival is Risky Boots, a pirate set on stealing Shantae's powers.

Shantae herself is spunky, athletic, cute, funny, and always bosts about how she can do everything herself. She makes up not so great catch phrases, her most famous one being "Ret-2-Go" which often leads in people telling her to work on her lines.

I also swear this game breaks the fourth wall. The characters often talk about them being in games, and how words in the text doesn't match what's going on in game, and funny little things like that.
Here's an example
http://i.imgur.com/w23qv4Kh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yCyQxIjh.jpg

It leads to some pretty funny moments. There's this one npc that leans against walls, and if you talk to her in Pirate's Curse, she'll say "i've been leaning against this wall for two adventures now"

Anyway, anything else you wanna know? Ask away XD

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 02:47:58 am »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think I'd better pick up the series with another Shantae game.

Wrapping up? Is it the end, or the birth of a brand new series?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 02:54:59 am by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 02:55:54 am »
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think I'd better play other Shantae games first.

Wrapping up? Is it the end, or the birth of a brand new series?

Well, as far as we know it's the end. Pirate's Curse was actually the last in the storyline. Half Genie Hero is a re-boot of the first Shantae. But it's gonna have loads more stuff in it, including new characters, new transformations, new side quests, all that good stuff. Not to mention it's the series first 2.5D game, allot like Klonoa 2.

Also, if you're interested in the characters from the games, head on to youtube and search Shantae Meet Characters.
Wayforward released short, 1 min vids that briefly highlight the main characters and their traits, while doing so in a funny and enjoyable way. Here's a really good one
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=PCu9lzSP2Zc

Meet Bolo is really funny too

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 03:15:22 am »
I suddenly noticed who's making Half Genie Hero - didn't Wayforward cooperated with ShiftyLook before?
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 03:17:20 am »
Didn't Wayforward cooperated with ShiftyLook before?

Im not sure. I don't know much about their other games besides Shantae and Mighty Switch Force.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 08:11:57 pm »
I had been meaning to play the Shantae game forever now. A few weeks back I got Risky's Revenge for cheap on Steam so I've been playing it on and off. Someday I'll get to playing the other games too. :P

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 09:30:45 pm »
I had been meaning to play the Shantae game forever now. A few weeks back I got Risky's Revenge for cheap on Steam so I've been playing it on and off. Someday I'll get to playing the other games too. :P

Pirate's Curse is my personal fave. Risky's Revenge isn't that great, and i haven't played the firstbShantae yet. Im gonna have to get a WiiU for Half Genie Hero though

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 09:58:12 pm »
First game: Great. Pretty fun and all
 2nd game: I love it. Was very short though
Haven't played Pirate's Curse. I only hope it's longer than Risky's Revenge.