You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What is your hardest gaming moment?  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Atri

• Drunk Cat
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PercipientFish
What is your hardest gaming moment?
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2014, 04:17:12 pm »
Archers of Anor Londo (Dark Souls): There's one spot in the Anor Londo area that had me stuck for weeks the first time around. You had to walk on a ridiculously narrow beam while 2 armored archers shoot Dragonslayer arrows (aka super-sized arrows) at you. Getting hit will obviously knock you off the beam, but blocking the arrows is out of the question; because the knockback is enough to push you off to your demise as well. Timing your run is the most crucial factor to beating this spot, and the timing is very strict. Sometimes even the camera can get in the way and send you running blindly X_X
I didn't have too difficult of a time actually getting past the archers, mostly because I had a freaking black knight greatsword on my first playthrough. What REALLY gave me a hard time at that part was the two lightning gargoyles on the platform before that beam. I died to, and still die to those two a lot when I try to get through Anor Londo on other characters.

Later on in Anor Londo, the fight with Ornstein and Smough OH MY GOD. Like, OH my god. I've never had a harder time with a boss fight than those two. Dark Souls II does a pretty similar thing with an optional boss fight, the Royal Rat Authority. There are four small rats and one big one for that boss fight, and they'll just about always give you Toxic (death) in two hits. Plus the big guy smacking you around for up to 100% of your life bar. Dark Souls II's controls are a lot less ***bersome, but they've made up for it by demanding even better reaction time than the previous games.

Oh and long, long ago, the Sephiroth boss fight in Kingdom Hearts. METEOR MOFO

Offline The Kakuzato

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 08:08:57 am »
Touhou.  All of it.

Well, honestly, while hard, Touhou can be memorized, and it ends up being fairly easy once you get used to it.

So aside from that, the only one I can really think of currently is in the game Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest.  The Orc Leader boss (the first boss in the game, mind) is often considered to be the hardest boss in the game, and when you're soloing the Wizard class, he's just that much harder.  So that's where my vote would have to go atm.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 07:54:48 pm »
Quote from: "realmwars"
Playing the final boss of Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 ON A PC!

It's bad enough you have to face 6 giant tailed beasts but when the game has lag because of the computer I'm using. Just... UGH! No.. no.... make the bad men go away mommy. Make the bad men go away.
6? Goodness that SOUNDS hard.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Arazeml

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Ice princess that can't retire from Mario Kart.
Re: What is your hardest gaming moment?
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 02:43:40 pm »
-Super Mario Bros 2/Lost Levels. The actual sequel is haaard. And warp pipes won't help you this time around.

As a long time Mario fan, I CAN CONFIRM THAT THE LOST LEVELS IS HARD. Farthest I have gone is 4-1.

That aside;
The Mary Canary races in Cloud Cuckooland (Banjo Tooie) I actually nearly passed out for this due to loss of breath AND I cramped up a whole hand and 3 fingers on the other.
Nightmare 3 (Devil May Cry) Never did beat this, super armor.
Strider. All of Strider. (Strider, PS1)
The Cave of Ordeals, especially floor 49. (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Ghosts n' Goblins.
NOT DYING IN RESCUE: THE EMBASSY MISSION because it's way too easy to die in that even for no reason.
Snake Rattle n' Roll isn't necessarily HARD but I still struggle starting on level 4. Forget levels 9, 10, and Moon.
Punch-Out, especially when you're TERRIBLE at predicting attacks. (and to think someone made it all the way to Mike Tyson BLINDFOLDED!)
100% runs in games in general, because being a completionist is what I like to be.
Getting Medals in Star Fox 64. Might be easy for some, but not all. (like me who can barely get 100 kills in Corneria...)
Earning triple star ranks in Mario Kart. As a Mario Kart veteran, it feels a bit odd to not be within the top ranking percentage.

That's.. all I can think of for now. I'm too much of a casual gamer nowadays to really deal with HARD games >:
[

Offline MightyFan217

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • ムゲンドラモン
    • MightyFan217 YouTube Channel
Re: What is your hardest gaming moment?
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 06:44:08 pm »
SO, basically, Digimon World has an in-game clock, and Digimon that you have can only stay awake for so long (Depending on the Digimon you have as well). Specific Digimon to recruit require you to wait for certain times for them to appear or be available for recruiting.

The absolute BIGGEST offender, at the current time, is the sea monster known as Seadramon:

Seadramon not only requires specific time frames to work with, but before you can even come close to recruiting Seadramon, the following things need to be done:

-Either recruit Angemon, talk to Tankmon in Toy Town, or recruit Shellmon. Shellmon's the easiest since it doesn't require you to have a specific Digimon. After doing any of these three tasks, you will hear rumors of Seadramon's presence in Dragon Eye Lake.
-After that, or before that, obtain the Amazing Rod from ShogunGekomon for 300 Merit Points. Sounds simple, yes? No it is not. You have to first acquire a huge ton of cards that you can exchange for Merit points, some cards being more valuable than others. After this tedious task is done, claim the Amazing Rod for yourself.
-Purchase Meats to use as Fishing Bait from the item shop. Given what all you've had to have done to get to this point, buying bait is not going to be a problem.
-Head to Dragon Eye Lake, in the southern most portion of Native Forest where you essentially have a horizontal view of said lake.

After this, you think you're ready to fish up a sea serpent, yes? HOWEVER, Seadramon appears RANDOMLY and ONLY during the Morning or Afternoon, meaning depending on how much time your Digimon can stay awake, you'll probably be working to try and fish Seadramon at only a single one of those times of day. Also, when Seadramon DOES spawn, you can't miss him. Literally, he's so big you'll never mistake him for any other fish in the lake, plus his movements are more snake-like. Now the REAL problem after all of this nonsense, though, is reeling in Seadramon once you get him on the hook. Seadramon is VERY easy to lose grip on for rather obvious reasons, but here's the trick; STALL LIKE HECK when trying to reel him in. After several minutes, Seadramon will begin to tire out, and that my friend is when you reel him in and the giant Seadramon appears before you. To recruit Seadramon, you have to Befriend him out of the three options he gives you (You can either learn a new technique OR get an item that allows your Digimon to become Seadramon). If you befriend him, Beetle Land becomes accessible at any time of the day, and recruiting all the Digimon there is an absolute joke when compared to whatever nonsense you're put through in the game.

3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on Pokémon X/Y, ΩR/αS, Fantasy Life, or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS please.

Even if you're not a Digimon fan, sign this and SPREAD THE WORD!