Vincentmrl's Mac can make origami out of hamburga french fry. Don't ask how.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Chronicles - Re-translation wanted  (Read 989 times)

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
Klonoa Chronicles - Re-translation wanted
« on: June 12, 2020, 07:12:42 pm »
A refresher: Klonoa Chronicles was a series of weekly tweets by Hideo Yoshizawa (@yoshi_clonoa), the director of Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, that started in mid July 2017. The majority of these stories focused on his time overseeing development on the game. Some of these same stories could be found on the Japanese Klonoa 1 website "relay essay" section (https://www.bandainamcoent.co.jp/cs/list/klonoa/relay-essay/index.html) but there were a lot unique to his twitter. He even shared some never before seen development artwork/storyboards. (But right now, he's deleted them all as it might interfere with his hope to put out a "Klonoa Chronicles art book".)

Each week, I did my best to provide a version of his tweets for English fans to read, a job that Yoshizawa said he appreciated. His thanks made me feel good but I was ultimately relying google translate and context clues to make sense of the tweets. It could have been much much better in the hands of someone with actual Japanese language know-how.

So, I'm putting this thread here in the hopes somebody will take interest and give another go at Klonoa Chronicles in other languages. Below is all the posts in the series backed up on Klonoa @ Blog for easier viewing. The posts that contained development artwork are currently private (not deleted) to respect Yoshizawa's wishes.

----Archives----

Door to Phantomile

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Moonlight Museum

Empire of Dreams