Untamed Heart: Wahoo is more popular than Yahoo!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Vision 3-1 help  (Read 2867 times)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Vision 3-1 help
« on: August 01, 2015, 01:59:27 am »
meh im doing a speedrun of Klonoa on AGDQ, and i need some help with vision 3-1

it's the hardest level to speedrun, just cause of all the perfect timing stuff you gotta do, as well as the little mini part when you're ridding on that thing and need to dodge the spiky guys.

if anyone has any tips, ideas, tricks, cheats, glitches, ect ect, please let me know. im having a really hard time memorizing this vision and learning what to do on it

so far it's basically just using damage boosts and just a matter of how fast can you grab and throw a moo. but there's one part where on that mini ride thing, i gotta take a moo through it. by doing that it'll save about 7 seconds, so i don't have to grab that jumping moo twice, once to break the box, then again to use it on the spring. problem is, the moo ALWAYS breaks on the second loop to jump through. i've gotten through it once or twice, but that's it. i really don't know how to do it, so if someone could help that would be great. at first i thought it mattered what kind of moo i had, since i thought different moos have different hit boxes, but the hit boxes are all messed up at that part, cause you're not supposed to have a moo there. so i can't figure anything out T^T

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Vision 3-1 help
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 07:03:22 am »
I would say the whole getting a moo through the ring thing may not be worth the trouble unless you want to drive you self crazy.
I know you can't do TAS so it's going to be ridiculous timing I also think the spikers and Moo are giant squares of hit boxes so if the top spiker in the middle ring is directly above Klonoa the moo will probably pop. I am unsure if Kart a Go Go in 3-1 always has the exact same timings or not.

Anyways it took me a bunch of attempts to get one Moo through / followed by I screwed up timing at the box woops.
Maybe focus on other things besides the 3-1 spiker rings?
feature=youtu.be
Also on win 10 I cannot record with Dxtory or AMD VCE using obs atm so sorry 720p for now x_x

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 07:37:31 am »
Moo balloon wind ring holding to jumping trodden.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 02:40:13 pm »
I would say the whole getting a moo through the ring thing may not be worth the trouble unless you want to drive you self crazy.
I know you can't do TAS so it's going to be ridiculous timing I also think the spikers and Moo are giant squares of hit boxes so if the top spiker in the middle ring is directly above Klonoa the moo will probably pop. I am unsure if Kart a Go Go in 3-1 always has the exact same timings or not.

Anyways it took me a bunch of attempts to get one Moo through / followed by I screwed up timing at the box woops.
Maybe focus on other things besides the 3-1 spiker rings?
feature=youtu.be
Also on win 10 I cannot record with Dxtory or AMD VCE using obs atm so sorry 720p for now x_x

Since it's along the way to grab a moo and bring it in the kart place thing, it doesn't waste any timing so it's worth a shot to bring it in, and if i don't get it through, meh then i'll just do it the normal way. I've seen speedruns of people do it, though they use TAS so im not sure if that helps or not :/ thanks for your effort on trying to make a vid of it though

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 07:46:41 pm »
TAS makes it ridiculous easy the only way I can even beat tas while still playing at full speed is to use special fly cheats and learn where the levels overlap so I can skip huge areas @_@

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 08:42:50 pm »
TAS makes it ridiculous easy the only way I can even beat tas while still playing at full speed is to use special fly cheats and learn where the levels overlap so I can skip huge areas @_@

well, emulators are banned from AGDQ, so i gotta play the vanilla version of the game. and with no one having made a speedrun that's vanilla, i don't have any references and have to figure everything out on my own T^T