It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Let's celebrate Yuji Naka  (Read 946 times)

Offline SonicBreak712

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: -1
Let's celebrate Yuji Naka
« on: April 28, 2022, 01:18:22 pm »
Hi.

So, I think Yuji Naka gets it worse than George Lucas.

An article has been spreading about him apparently getting fired six months before the release of Balan Wonderworld, a  game that I am not afraid to admit that I had a blast with, and everyone is saying good riddance to him.

I don't know or care about other people's perception of him. What I do care about is that he and Naoto Ohshima and Yuji Uekawa have brought wondrous designs and concepts into the world, and I as an aspiring creator feel obligated to focus on all the good they have all done instead of wasting time and energy on the "bad."

If others would like to join, please feel free.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 05:12:08 pm by SonicBreak712, Reason: Typo »

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: Let's celebrate Yuji Naka
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 01:26:57 pm »
I don't know how do i celebrate, and i don't think it would, change anything, specially here. Well, he was one of the main ppl to get Sonic working, i guess that's a celebration, even if, i have zero anymore.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline SonicBreak712

• Moo
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 05:20:27 pm »
I'm sorry people choose to be hopeless.

I've already told my story of being viciously targeted by the gaming community for being mainly an ardent supporter of Sonic and Sega to this very day. I'm sick of what I unabashedly find to be a defamation campaign. I've heard people tell me that my special interest in Sonic deserves to be taken away from me, that deserve to be bullied until I'm on suicide watch, and even that Sonic infantilizes people in general.

Every single little thing that Sonic does, has done, and apparently ever will do is so profoundly incorrect that it's cursed as far as the gaming community is concerned. If that's how it is, I want no part of it.

Gamers have been demanding for the most permanent solutions to problems that are so temporary.

Offline Sinister Cat

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Huh?
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2022, 08:31:02 am »
 :confused: Granted I'm not too deep into the sonic fandom and aside from going back to mobile game dev I don't know what Yuji Naka is up to, but I haven't seen anything that is outright Yuji Naka hate lately. While I don't believe Naka deserved to be canned from squenix, Balan really showed how married he is with his old hat values of game design. I hope it was a wake up call for him that there is indeed a thing as 'too simple' and I do hope he does get another shot somewhere else to make something big again.
Get yourself together man. Move offshore. Buy an oil rig. Start a mercenary group. Get six or seven operators... Eat rations with them. Book some contracts. Burn down a Soviet base. Listen to David Bowie. Start some kinda paramilitary organization

Offline SonicBreak712

• Moo
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2022, 11:39:04 am »
:confused: Granted I'm not too deep into the sonic fandom and aside from going back to mobile game dev I don't know what Yuji Naka is up to, but I haven't seen anything that is outright Yuji Naka hate lately. While I don't believe Naka deserved to be canned from squenix, Balan really showed how married he is with his old hat values of game design. I hope it was a wake up call for him that there is indeed a thing as 'too simple' and I do hope he does get another shot somewhere else to make something big again.

Stay away from Siliconera and Kotaku.

Klonoa has always been "too simple" in my mind, but I still have a blast with it anyway even though I do look forward to a time where even Klonoa can evolve into something like Sonic. It doesn't have undergo a complete overhaul, mind you.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2022, 02:24:10 am »
Stay away from Siliconera and Kotaku.

Klonoa has always been "too simple" in my mind, but I still have a blast with it anyway even though I do look forward to a time where even Klonoa can evolve into something like Sonic. It doesn't have undergo a complete overhaul, mind you.

...What are you on about? They said nothing about where they got their sources.

Also Klonoa IS a simple game, but the thing about it is there's many mechanics around it, so that it keeps gameplay fresh.