No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Anybody know how to break down drawing into sprites?  (Read 1209 times)

Offline SonicBreak712

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: -1
Anybody know how to break down drawing into sprites?
« on: April 27, 2022, 10:03:00 pm »
Hi, everybody.

I use Clip Studio Paint EX to create my characters, I would like to have them broken down and turned into sprites.

I've tried a multitude of ways to achieve this. I've tried traditional by scaling down my initial drawing of a character through nearest neighbor and then using the dot pen, and I've tried using a border option around my strokes using a pen down to the appropriate brush size. Recently, I have bought these two programs called PixageFX and PIxelOver to meet my needs, but am struggling to have the desired effect.

I know I am a great drawer, but I am extremely novice with computer programs.

My main inspiration for spriting comes from Tetsuhiko "Han" Kikuchi. His characters appear simple enough to me as stick figures with extra bits of meat here and there on them. I've been having a blast playing Advance Guardian Heroes on my Retron 5 and would like to design my characters in a similar image.

P.S.: Send my kindest regards to Mushroom32x! It's way past time Treasure got recognized again!

Here's some characters I made or at least tried to make.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: Anybody know how to break down drawing into sprites?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 10:05:46 pm »
Well, you can pixel art in any program really, doesn't really need to be like, a specific one, i, personally just use photoshop, to pixel art, all you really have to do is just, make the image resolution low, and, have like, palette for characters and stuff, well, most pixel arts don't really care about the palette part and just make it low res, now, since you said "how to break them into sprites", like, do you want to know how to implement these into some game or something? It would be a completely different story then.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline SonicBreak712

• Moo
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 11:32:53 pm »
Well, you can pixel art in any program really, doesn't really need to be like, a specific one, i, personally just use photoshop, to pixel art, all you really have to do is just, make the image resolution low, and, have like, palette for characters and stuff, well, most pixel arts don't really care about the palette part and just make it low res, now, since you said "how to break them into sprites", like, do you want to know how to implement these into some game or something? It would be a completely different story then.

I'm not concerned about programs specifically, it's just that little ol' lazy me is looking for the most efficient way to do it.

I have indeed thought about making my own Mugen sprites, yes.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 09:24:39 am »
I never messed around with MUGEN, but i guess, you could like, look up on gamebanana for instructions, all that, i have no idea, but i guess, the stuff that you did here already, works (?), now you'd just need to know how do you implement these for MUGEN.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

YukarinUniversalTraveler

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 01:18:26 pm »
Aseprite.

Offline SonicBreak712

• Moo
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 02:36:20 pm »

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 05:50:26 pm »
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 05:52:16 pm by Cobra! »