In some instances, all you can do is wahoo.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: This game's art style is really charming to look at  (Read 1416 times)

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
Re: This game's art style is really charming to look at
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2024, 10:13:07 pm »
6-1 is a juicy, ethereal level that also prides itself in tightening up the precision platforming, which can be a bit intense at times. I think I took quite an amount of tries completing it too, more than 5 even. And I have decades of experience in platformers! This Vision only gets exponentially harder if you decide to make it your objective to collect all Dream Stones, if so, good luck.  :sick:
Mhm. It wasn't very easy at some points, and I kind of kept dying in it :sad_face:

And I'm honestly am not gonna bother trying to collect all of the dream stones. I didn't even collect all of them either on PRS. It just seems way too difficult to do. (Expect for a couple levels like 1-1, for example. That one is easy to do)
If anything, I'll probably spend more time dying and all, instead of collecting them.
At least the music and the level design are beautiful, though. And a least it tells me that I'm possibly very close to finishing the game. :hey:
6-2 may also take a while to do, especially cause of this one part of the level that I hated in PRS. This is about the best photo that I have of it, but to describe it: Basically the one part with the two birds and the three switches, with two being at the top. Oh god. I hated that part in prs, and I totally can't wait to go through it again in the original version...

(screenshot is from when I was trying to beat it for the second time in prs, since I originally beat it with easy, infinite lives. I never beat 6-2 however, and I never did beat it for the second time. now since i have the original (and better) version, I see no reasoning of trying to beat it again in prs)

...All of this also means I'll have to prepare for the ending, since it's been stated as "very emotional". yay.

Untamed Heart keeps me from blowing up a bridge at least, all the better for the fact this forum is named after it! What a gorgeous and dreamy song, and despite me liking all of the soundtrack it is without question my favorite tune in the whole game  :D

Honorable mention to the sparkles that gradient in that one round platform, all the surreal visuals are quite a delight even on the PS1 game.
Yes! Quite a blessing, and a great detail that this site was named after that song. ;) The entire soundtrack is amazing, but that specific one is like, one of the greatest songs out of the entire soundtrack. It's so magical to listen to
And the sparkles were a pretty neat detail! Might've been a small detail, but if anything, it made the level better
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2024, 10:34:21 am »
Untamed Heart is the name of the song used in the 5-2 boss. I think at least? Maybe i'm miss-remembering.

Oh yeah, when you beat Balue's Tower, you get a music player in this and Wii-make, but was removed in PRS. Every song is labelled there.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2024, 12:13:39 pm »
Untamed Heart is the name of the song used in the 5-2 boss. I think at least? Maybe i'm miss-remembering.

Oh yeah, when you beat Balue's Tower, you get a music player in this and Wii-make, but was removed in PRS. Every song is labelled there.
The Joka boss in 5-2 is actually a tune named Facade and Blade, both using the audio trick of swapping seamlessly depending on the Boss' two forms. It's similar to how 5-2's main theme alternates between Dawn to Dawn and Dark to Dark to reinforce the day/night gimmick.

Interestingly in Vision 6-1, Untamed Heart also uses a similar technique which plays a slightly different variation of the tune whenever you go to the outer part of the tower. That version sounds even more soothing.  :)

More games need dynamic soundtracks like these, it is incredible that they made it possible on the PS1!
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2024, 12:17:25 pm »
The reason it was possible is because the game does not use Redbook Audio, so it doesn't have to re-load the audio constantly, i believe the songs are cached in each level too.

Tekken 2 works similarly.

Untamed Heart isn't the only song to have an inside and outside variation, well, almost every level has this, actually.  :)

Like, 2-1, 2-2, 4-1, 4-2, 5-1, 5-2.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2024, 12:33:44 pm »
Yup, looks to the be case. The absolute beauty of sequenced audio, it is almost a lost art.

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2024, 01:27:11 pm »

Well I mean, every time I looked up the 6-1 soundtrack, It just brought me "Untamed Heart", so. I'm positive it's the correct one

I remember Balue's Tower being difficult in PRS, and I imagine it's also gonna be tricky in the original version

The Joka boss in 5-2 is actually a tune named Facade and Blade, both using the audio trick of swapping seamlessly depending on the Boss' two forms. It's similar to how 5-2's main theme alternates between Dawn to Dawn and Dark to Dark to reinforce the day/night gimmick.

Interestingly in Vision 6-1, Untamed Heart also uses a similar technique which plays a slightly different variation of the tune whenever you go to the outer part of the tower. That version sounds even more soothing.  :)

More games need dynamic soundtracks like these, it is incredible that they made it possible on the PS1!

Yep. That's one thing I love about the game's soundtrack: Some of the vision soundtracks have different variations to them, and I honestly think that's a really cool detail!

Like, it can be really relaxing to listen to

This soundtrack (and the game) is quite impressive!
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
Re: Finished the game. It was saddening
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2024, 12:15:18 am »
And now I have a question: Will the ending of this game make me cry?
...All of this also means I'll have to prepare for the ending, since it's been stated as "very emotional". yay.
I finished the game, and I have a update on that: I think the ending got me... it felt like as if I was about to cry or something. There was some tears at my eyes. It was very emotional. Wow. It made me very sad.. And I usually don't cry at games and things like that. Poor Klonoa.. :(

Now, I'm not going to spoil the ending or anything, but I will say something: The animation (and the music) was fantastic. It was beautiful. Very impressive, and really saddening

...Oh yeah, I still have to replay some levels since I missed some of those Phantomillian things (aka the 6 things you have to collect in every level), and there's also the bonus level. And It seems I'll have to replay the levels to collect (not all) gems. So, I still need to play the game some more.
Oh, and 6-2 gave me the first (and only) game over I had i had in the game, and I even restarted that one 4 times. I kind of struggled with that one.
So yeah. I also have some more pictures to showcase. Again, won't say much about it, in order to avoid spoiling it.

...Yeah, I was literally at a one hit death when I beat Ghadius.
And, I had 1 life left whenever I finished the game.
But, yeah.
It is definitely one of the best Ps1 games out there. I very much enjoyed it. Highly recommend playing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 01:58:33 am by kittenwatermemes, Reason: briefly edited the title and briefly added something »

Wahoo!

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2024, 05:53:52 pm »
I'm glad that you walked away satisfied with the original version of Klonoa  :D And good luck getting all the 6 rascals in each one of those levels. It may be tedious, especially when they're well-hidden in some parts!

The Ghadius boss as mentioned before wasn't as hard as Joka's, but it can still be tricky to figure out at first. When you do it kind of becomes peacemeal, and you get to enjoy the silly voice clips Ghadius makes. It's like a lower pitched version of Sephiroth  :embarassed:

But yeah, the original game's tone on the PS1 leaves a remarkable impact.

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2024, 07:07:30 pm »
I'm glad that you walked away satisfied with the original version of Klonoa  :D And good luck getting all the 6 rascals in each one of those levels. It may be tedious, especially when they're well-hidden in some parts!

But yeah, the original game's tone on the PS1 leaves a remarkable impact.
Oh yeah, I'm glad I got it, too. And I probably wasn't expecting to feel emotional at the ending. Like, I've originally finished the game before off PRS, and I kind of knew how it ended. But unexpectedly, this original version nearly made me cry, despite me not knowing Japanese very well. There was just something about it that made it emotional

And for the 6 things, I collected all of them for the most part, but I missed some of them. The only visions I'm missing them in is 3-1, 4-2, 5-2, and 6-2. So it shouldn't be too difficult to get them all.
And I may have to play the original game for the second time, in order to collect the gems in each of them, since on the level selection screen, it shows 0 gems for pretty much all of the levels.

And then, I'll have to play the game again on actual hardware whenever I ever get an Japanese playstation console, or if I ever found a certain way of getting it to work on an North American console.
So I'll probably end up playing this game a lot. Which, to me, is a good thing ;D
I'll have to get the Original Lunatea's Veil too, so.

This game is definitely gonna have plenty of impact on me. And if I nearly cried at the ending, I honestly wonder how badly it would've affected me as a child (which I didn't knew klonoa as a child, but still)
The Ghadius boss as mentioned before wasn't as hard as Joka's, but it can still be tricky to figure out at first. When you do it kind of becomes peacemeal, and you get to enjoy the silly voice clips Ghadius makes. It's like a lower pitched version of Sephiroth  :embarassed:
Yep. It's not that hard really to figure out what to do. The last parts are also not that hard to figure out since you have to launch a moo in a canon, but the thing that got me was trying to avoid things, and falling off the platform.
Joka on the other hand... That one is just difficult.
Ghadius's voice is pretty cool to listen to, honestly.

Wahoo!