The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Mr Driller Drill Land  (Read 2526 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Mr Driller Drill Land
« on: March 26, 2020, 11:36:34 am »

Coming June 25th, and in the West for the first time.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline IsmaDLR

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
Re: Mr Driller Drill Land
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 07:11:47 pm »
Didn't a leak mentioned this game (it's called Mr. Driller Encore in Japan) alongside Klonoa Encore or my memory is blurry? Anyway, if it is, maybe there's hope, but for now, this game looks like arcade fun.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 09:57:12 pm »
Didn't a leak mentioned this game (it's called Mr. Driller Encore in Japan) alongside Klonoa Encore or my memory is blurry? Anyway, if it is, maybe there's hope, but for now, this game looks like arcade fun.

Copy from Klonoa @ Blog post:

Roughly 7 months after a trademark for “Mr. Driller Encore” appeared in Japan and about 2 since “Mr. Driller: Drill Land” trademark appeared in Europe, the game is finally revealed to be releasing this June. The Japanese version retains the same logo that appeared alongside it’s trademark registration back in September 2019.

What does this have to do with Klonoa, however? It means that “Klonoa Encore” is looking more and more likely with this release. Hideo Yoshizawa also appears to be involved in DrillLand’s re-release as he tweeted that the “information embargo has been lifted! Mr. Driller Drill Land is back with the Nintendo Switch!”. He acted as producer for the original game. Perhaps, the same will happen with Klonoa Encore in the future.

In the original GameCube release, Klonoa made a cameo as one of many collectible “Pacteria” creatures that could be transferred from your copy of Mr. Driller Ace on the Game Boy Advance for use in the “Drill Land Dreamin’ Parade” mode. However, this functionality (and therefore cameo) is most certainly not to be in this Switch release due to a lack of Game Boy Advance transfer cable compatibility. (Edit: The Japanese website says it is not in the game anymore.)
------ (End of copy) ------------

Speaking of Japanese website, you can view it here: https://mddl.bn-ent.net/
Right now until May 10th, 2020 there is a campaign for participants to submit fan works showing their love and memories of 20 years of Mr. Driller but you need a BandaiNamcoID to sign up and there's region-lock on it. : (

The game will be sold physically and digitally in Japan but it'll be digital-only elsewhere (which I hope is only temporary).

Like with Mojipittan Encore (1st print copies of Katamari Damacy Encore came packaged with a set of stickers. I don't believe there was any pre-order bonuses for that game.), there will be different pre-order bonuses depending on the retailer you order the game from:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Anyways, I am happy this game is being released and not just because it means Klonoa Encore is more a reality than before. I like Mr. Driller games and this is one of the ones I could only play through emulation.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 08:18:10 pm »

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 02:22:51 pm »
Good news for a potential physical release outside Japan. (This was from last week but news apparently travels slowly to me.)

Mr. Driller DrillLand was announced for the Switch a few weeks back, and we knew that a digital release was confirmed for worldwide. There's also a retail release for the game in Japan, but now it seems a physical option might make it to Europe as well.

A listing for the game, complete with the cover art above, was spotted on GamingReplay's website. They show the title as launching on June 25th, 2020. This would be the first we've heard about the game seeing a physical release outside of Japan. We'll try to get confirmation from Bandai Namco.
https://gonintendo.com/stories/361276-mr-driller-drillland-physical-release-might-be-heading-to-europe
https://www.gamingreplay.com/pre-reservas-nintendo-switch/17078-mr-driller-drillland-switch.html

I'm hoping a physical is in the cards for the US too.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 01:38:23 am »
Getting closer to the game's release~
Pre-loading the Switch version is available in Japan.
The Steam version, which was previously tbd, is now releasing the same day as the Switch version: June 25th.
The Japanese website updated to reveal the winners of the "Mr. and Ms. Driller Ambassador" contest. The submissions are really wholesome and cute. https://mddl.bn-ent.net/special/ambassador.php
Still no word on what that supposed European/US(?) physical release. Hopefully soon?
A nice HD video of the game's opening can be watched on Youtube too.

I'm excited.  :big_smile:

Here's some Japanese store displays for the heck of it too.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 11:18:20 am »
Opening has been posted in English.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 01:28:49 am »
Game is now out. Here is some new stuff:

- Promotional video

- Demo footage (by me)

- Japanese product survey: https://enq876.com/mddl/ (And surprise, there is another question asking about what game you want to see get "Encore'd".)

- LINE stickers: https://line.me/S/sticker/12045128

- Retronauts interview with Maya Ito, the one behind every Encore release thus far: https://retronauts.com/article/1548/digging-into-the-mr-driller-drillland-remake

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 03:39:17 pm »
Tried the game this morning. Really good, though maybe not worth $30.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 02:11:16 pm »
Yeah, I used some gold coin points to make the game cheaper but I feel this game is more worth it if you buy it on sale. Luckily, I see Katamari Reroll go on sale for $10 so eventually Mr. Driller will be that cheap if you wish to wait.