The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Splatoon Beta Testing  (Read 6252 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Splatoon Beta Testing
« on: May 08, 2015, 10:00:24 am »
http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/68392262/test-drive-nintendos-splatoon-this-weekend

If you got the time and a Wii U, you can try out the game. You can also get a discount of the game if you tried the demo.

EDIT: That Splatoon music in the eShop. Heck yeah!

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: Splatoon Beta Testing
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 02:25:03 pm »
Okay, I highly doubt I'm gonna remember to check back on the Wii U at those times, so I wouldn't mind a reminder post here when any of those times hit. In any case? THIS IS AWESOME...I just hope I have enough room on my Wii U for the demo, since that free digital copy of Donkey Kong Country:Tropical Freeze ate up so much of my data...

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 03:32:51 pm »
omg really? *hastily swaps computer hdmi to wii u*

edit: aw, can only play during specified hours :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 04:08:03 pm by confuted »

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 06:00:31 pm »
I'm gonna play at all three times even if in my timezone there is one time where I have to play literally at sunrise... I stay up really late anyways. xP I'm so hyped for Splatoon!

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 07:47:56 pm »
I was hyped for splatoon until I saw that if you want to play with friends they'll all need to get a wii u and their own copy of splatoon...so sad. Makes me worry about the game a lot; I don't believe I'm buying it anymore. The way I see it, take Goldeneye and remove local multiplayer...how long will Splatoon survive online???? Maybe until a month or so after the christmas season. Reasoning is as the player pool drops players are farther away thus more lag thus more players leave and the game flounders on a few hundred fish across the globe. Unless Splatoon and Nintendo really wrap people up in the game, the lake is going to dry up fast. That's my opinion anyway....

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 10:51:18 pm »
I was hyped for splatoon until I saw that if you want to play with friends they'll all need to get a wii u and their own copy of splatoon...so sad. Makes me worry about the game a lot; I don't believe I'm buying it anymore. The way I see it, take Goldeneye and remove local multiplayer...how long will Splatoon survive online???? Maybe until a month or so after the christmas season. Reasoning is as the player pool drops players are farther away thus more lag thus more players leave and the game flounders on a few hundred fish across the globe. Unless Splatoon and Nintendo really wrap people up in the game, the lake is going to dry up fast. That's my opinion anyway....

Of course it requires people to have a copy of the game to play online, that's been like that with every online game since forever...?

Besides, I can't say much about Splatoon's appeal. I mean look at Team Fortress 2. People still love that game.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 10:59:10 pm »

Of course it requires people to have a copy of the game to play online, that's been like that with every online game since forever...?

Besides, I can't say much about Splatoon's appeal. I mean look at Team Fortress 2. People still love that game.

....I think he means that Splatoon doesn't have a Local Multiplayer? Which I've looked into, and there IS, but it's only for 1 Vs. 1.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 12:11:16 am »
Well, the first Splatoon test just finished (weird how nobody mentioned it started an hour ago), and I, sadly, only learnt it started after the 45 minute mark. I was able to jump on ASAP, though, and after getting the tutorial over with, I managed to get into 2 matches before the testing ended. Which is a shame, because this game is really fun! I don't know how much else it has to offer besides its multiplayer and the missions, but this is a really creative game that's definitely worth $40, at least.

Next round will begin tommorow at 7:00-8:00 A.M., and 3:00-4:00 P.M. EST.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 01:35:19 am »
Yes I do mean it's a total bummer not to have local multiplayer; it may be the shovel that digs splatoon's shallow grave. I have a handful of IRL friends that I hang and game with regularly-ish. But I'm the only one with a Wii u...guess I'm not playing splatoon with my IRL friends cuz everyone needs their own console to play the game. After playing I understand why everyone needs their own gamepad but again disappointing. IMO the longevity is not looking strong

I did play for most of the hour window. The game is more fun than I anticipated and the controls are good too. I figured the gyro controls were going to be a burden but the Y button sets the gyro to whatever position you want and the R-log is also used for looking; using both felt natural after a few games.

I'll be playing tomorrow at the afternoon time; I'm not getting up early. Not sure I'm totally sold on the game...it's fun but matches are a tad short and I kept playing agains people who aren't seasoned to shooters; not exactly my problem but consistently being MVP nearly every match can get boring. I guess that's where ranked matches come in but again I fear the longevity

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 05:09:02 am »
Played the first round of testing earlier and had an absolute blast. I kept wanting to play again and again after every match. It was such a surreal feeling to finally be able to play after almost 10 months of just watching videos of it. :) In 2 hours the next one begins.. and I'll be half awake but it'll be worth it.. xP