We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Fanfic idea ;3  (Read 1767 times)

Offline gamr13

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
Fanfic idea ;3
« on: March 12, 2017, 04:00:45 pm »
Hey guys and gals,

It's been a while, eh? :P I'm back!

So, I've had this idea in my head for a good while now, since the end of 2013 to be exact, I've wanted to write the best possible Klonoa fan fiction that I can possibly create, with a deep story, whilst keeping the characters as close to how they're presented in the games, sounds like an average basic fanfic, right? Now, here's the take that I don't think anyone has dared to do, get that story in both a text form, like normal, and have a video that is fully voice acted and has some visual representation to it.

What would we need?
-A writing team, I'll need to discuss some ideas with someone, you know, so I don't go absolute ham with it haha

-Artists - might be needed for some back drops and/or character art, not to mention text boxes that'll appear like those in Klonoa 2, this'll basically be the subtitles.

-Voice actors - the key thing we're going to need are voice actors with preferably decent enough microphones and ability to capture the characters in the Klonoa universe decently enough.

Let me know what you guys think of this please  :D ;D

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
Re: Fanfic idea ;3
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 05:32:28 pm »
Good luck.

I'm not really in a position to contribute to any fan projects I didn't already commit to for the foreseeable future, but I would be willing to give feedback on anything written.

Maybe to attract some attention you might want to put out some preliminary stuff. A summary/solicit, at least?

Offline gamr13

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:59:43 pm »
Sure, however since this was just an idea so far, I honestly haven't done much with it, once I have some sort of concept in my mind, I'll be sure to post it.

Offline Caos

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:12:44 pm »
Your idea is interesting but you need to extra careful for the video part not obscure the written part of your fanfic. Why don't you make the video part the main part of your fanfic and have characters have diaries where they write about how they feel about the events unfolding or how they plan to act next? (things may not always go according to thei plans).

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 11:36:38 am »
by all means make a fan fic but be weary of converting the content into an animation. A lot more time is needed to make animations and not everything in the text will transfer nicely to picture. Comic books for example play out differently when they are the source material in movies; not because they can not 1:1 cross over but the content itself passes by the audience differently when on paper versus in film. The writer also needs to be aware of the animation time required for scenes, dialogue, ect. so that the written material does not strain the animation strength and will of the animators.

P.S. Two fan films were attempted...wow 4 years ago. One of the films was posted here and the other was iirc a youtube community that was aiming to make a 2d sprite film. I haven't heard anything about the 2d sprite film after the initial announcement trailer though I didn't follow the updates. I figure if it made any progress or released it would have landed here in the news.

The film that was attempted here just suddenly died. [link to thread] The initial script was admittedly lackluster but I like to believe the revision passes made it a better adventure (still open for feedback *hint hint*). For whatever reason the project lead vanished near the end of the revision process and I do wonder what happened...just vanished...making me wonder if it was a legit project. There is indication that some commission work was paid for the project sooo I suppose it was real...? The lead just suddenly vanished and I didn't have the time to keep it rolling.

I posted the finished project on DeviantArt. [Steps From Dreaking: Act 1]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:40:53 am by confuted »