The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Games that give you unwarranted nostalgia!  (Read 2138 times)

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
Games that give you unwarranted nostalgia!
« on: September 18, 2015, 07:30:08 am »
You start playing an old game for the first time ever. It proceeds to take you back to the days when you were a kid...despite this particular game never being there for you in your childhood.

You ever have an experience like that? I know I do. And since I started the thread, I'll list some examples;

Madou Monogatari: Big Kindergarten Kids. This game never even saw an official American release, and I never played it until like last month or so. Yet it takes me back to the days I would play my Super NES anyways. The intro definitely plays a part in it, and I think the game deserves more attention. Far as I'm concerned, it's right up there with Chrono Trigger and EarthBound, yet it doesn't even get half the attention either of those get.

Great game. You should try it out sometime.

Also, I started playing Conker's Bad Fur Day. Takes me back tothe days I'd play the major N64 games, again, despite that this wasn't there for me until fairly recently.

And Puyo Pop Fever. Same deal, except with the Gamecube games.

See where I'm going with this? Yeah, these are the games that probably should have been childhood favorites, yet they weren't there until after said childhood had passed.

So, do you have any? If so, what's yours?

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline Braixen

• Attends nightly prank call meetings
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
  • Wario
Re: Games that give you unwarranted nostalgia!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 07:58:33 am »
So, Even though it isn't much of an old game, Solatorobo: Red The Hunter made me nostalgic. Same for Cave Story. Though, I honestly don't know how old you have to be for saying something is one of your childhood games.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:12:30 am by Chocolat Gelato »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 11:17:28 am »
Dragon Warrior 7 for PS1. even though I had never played a Dragon Warror/Quest game before that it really reminded me of some old stuff and got me into the series some.
Also the Dragon Quest Monsters Joker games for NDS.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 11:50:43 am by Vokadae »

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 11:30:29 am »
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil to from PlayStation 1 and 2 review adventure game good.

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 03:10:56 pm »
Whenever I see a plug n play system (that isn't a bootleg) it always takes me back to when I was around 5 or 6 years old.

Back then all I had were a few of the Nickelodeon plug n play games and a computer that I played online flash games on the Cartoon Network website and Pajama Sam.

Offline Arazeml

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Ice princess that can't retire from Mario Kart.
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 02:07:15 pm »
Punch Out!! on NES, something about it is REALLY nostalgic to me for some reason. Also, Super Metroid for SNES (I have never played a single Metroid game). Castlevania's nostalgic to me too, as is DuckTales (moon theme anyone?) .. I haven't played either of those games. Yoshi's Island is pretty nostalgic too, though I didn't play that at all until the GBA remake.
For me, music is more nostalgic to me if anything.
[