The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: New game in-progress  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Spirit Macardi

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
New game in-progress
« on: June 30, 2016, 11:35:55 pm »
Before I say anything else, I don't want ANYONE to think that this means I'm stopping the Klonoa fan game. Far from it: In fact I hope this can grant my work more exposure.

So yeah, I've begun working on a brand new game, and it's one that I'll be able to sell since it's a wholly original idea. It's a first-person dungeon crawler along the lines of Etrian Odyssey or Class of Heroes, though with its own unique aspects that will set it apart.

I already have a good portion of it coded, and I've learned some new tricks for it such as XML integration (It makes designing an RPG so much easier!), though it's still very early in development. Hopefully I'll be able to show off something substantial from it here soon.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
Re: New game in-progress
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 07:53:03 pm »
So is the map traversal going to be like Etrian Odyssey but combat like Class of Heroes?

Before I googled what those games were Hellraid came to mind. Current Hellraid is canned though they've said they will be back to develop it. video

Offline Spirit Macardi

• Star Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 11:35:04 pm »
Etrian Odyssey's method of mapping would be tough without the whole dual-screen thing. I'm planning for something along the lines of an automap.

As for the combat, it's neither of the two! I'm actually doing an ATB system, in contrast to the usual dungeon crawler method of: Choose attacks for everyone, then watch everything play out. Though I've already implemented a pause system where the bars will stop filling so you can choose what to do without being stressed out.

Offline Spirit Macardi

• Star Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 12:41:22 am »
I now have a screenshot I can share!

The visuals aren't final, but you can get an idea for what I'm doing. I have all the details written here: http://spiritmacardi.tumblr.com/post/147781475919/a-little-screenshot-of-the-new-game-in-its-current

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 08:09:15 am »
Slime like things "esp metal".. fire..burn! 8>
Nice start btw :D