No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Weird challenges you've made up in games  (Read 7292 times)

Offline Braixen

• Attends nightly prank call meetings
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
  • Wario
Weird challenges you've made up in games
« on: September 22, 2015, 04:44:33 pm »
So, This is a thread where you can post/exchange any odd/hard challenges you've made up in games, For example, Something like no upgrade run or a speedrun. Anyway, Here's mine:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
Re: Weird challenges you've made up in games
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 04:51:35 pm »
In Minecraft I once tried to see how long I could last in hardcore survival mode (you die once and the game is over) using only wooden tools.

It lasted less than an hour.  :(

Offline Braixen

• Hero in Training
  • Wario
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 04:55:17 pm »
I know this isn't really game related, But when I was about 6-8 (I have a really hard time remembering what age I was when things happened  x_x) I was playing on a game system and paused it to stare at the battery until I could catch it going down by 1%. I eventually succeeded and scared my Mom and Dad by freaking out.

Offline Braixen

• Hero in Training
  • Wario
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 07:56:29 pm »
In Minecraft I once tried to see how long I could last in hardcore survival mode (you die once and the game is over) using only wooden tools.

It lasted less than an hour.  :(
You know, I think I'll try that.
R.I.P IN ADVANCED!

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 08:11:15 pm »
Ohhh.. yesss! My friend would love this thread she is crazy for this kind of stuff. If you see @Fuzzball on that would be my friend I play FFXIV with a lot.

Ok Here is the first thing I remember Me Arle Aya Kazu and Mac doing. Arle came up with this crazy idea while we were doing time attack client orders in Phantasy Star Online 2 where if any of us died we would have to walk like a crab in game in circles while typeing Guttenheim in chat. Since we were doing the highest difficulty at that time it eventually amounted to us all crabwalking like drunkards and screaming guttenheim frantically while trying to kill bosses and mobs.

One time while Arle was trying to play while on Nyquil we had came up with a mini game where if we get hit the player must dance and sing to the end boss while fighting I lasted not long being a magic using glass cannon.....

On Final Fantasy XIV we sometimes have no tank dungeon runs and it is pure chaos with us running around trying to avoid everything. I really feel sorry for the healers on that xD it's usually Aya or Kehda.

We have plans to do an all tanks only Titan extreme run one day I'm working on leveling a job for that now. That is going to be a nightmare of a fight with no healers and just tanks x_x

I'll upload a video in time of a grind experiment of mine on ffxiv too since I had not hardcore grinded on any game in over a year and a half plus.

As for dark souls or dark souls 2 I need to do a shield slamming/bashing run one day. I had a dream about doing it and I want to make it a reality some time.

On Klonoa 2 I tried to make it through the game without collecting a single dreamstone. Even with save states and warping game speed around on an emulator it was incredibly difficult and took me I think over 9 hours to fully pull off. I almost gave up twice. In Mira Mira Mtns and in the Kingdom of Sorrow.

Offline Braixen

• Hero in Training
  • Wario
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:36:35 pm »
I made a weird/stupid challenge with one of my friends when I was 9 where we would play Super Mario Brothers and any time each on of us died, We'd have to say "The snack that smiles back, Goldfish!" and he would get so embarrassed for some reason.

Offline Braixen

• Hero in Training
  • Wario
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 12:21:39 pm »
Challenge: Land a K.O. without attacks.
Game: SSB4 Wii U/3DS
Item(s) Needed: Gust Bellows

This is a simple yet fun little challenge. All you have to do is set it to spawn the item "Gust Bellows" only. This item shoots a blast of air which can make anyone in its range fly off the stage. The way to do a K.O. is to keep shooting air at someone until they've used all of their recovery moves and fall off. It's an evil thing to do, But still fun nonetheless.

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 12:56:27 pm »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 02:02:31 am »
Hm well im speedrunning Klonor for AGDQ probably in 2017 so i guess that counts
But here's one i doubt anyone on the forums has done
Beat The Lion King for snes on hard mode
I practiced non stop for months doing this when i was around 4 cause my brother told me if i coul beat it on hard moe then he'd let me make a video (i was a weird kid)
I think i was better at it back then, then i am now. Games seemed so much easier when i was little XD
Hm when gamegrumps played The Lion King snes, Arin said for anyone to pm him them beating it on hard mode, then sai he won't get any pm's cause it's impossible. I kinda wanna send him a vid of me playing it to prove him wrong XD i mean come on, if 4 year old me can beat it in sure Arin can

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 03:30:56 am »
Challenge: Land a K.O. without attacks.
Game: SSB4 Wii U/3DS
Item(s) Needed: Gust Bellows

(Image removed from quote.)

This is a simple yet fun little challenge. All you have to do is set it to spawn the item "Gust Bellows" only. This item shoots a blast of air which can make anyone in its range fly off the stage. The way to do a K.O. is to keep shooting air at someone until they've used all of their recovery moves and fall off. It's an evil thing to do, But still fun nonetheless.

--> Fun
-->Gust Bellows

Pick one.

Anyways, you wanna hear something fun to do in Smash?it might not be a "challenge", per se, but try setting all items to blast box, and playing in Spicy Curry Special Mode. You can also put Smart Bombs on, too, if you really feel like it. The overall effect would be the same, regardless.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).