No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: [Old Crap Art] Dark Klonoa  (Read 2405 times)

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
[Old Crap Art] Dark Klonoa
« on: January 31, 2024, 01:40:35 am »
Figure this would be worth a chuckle. This is a (very poorly done) old as dirt paint-over I did of the proto-wiimake artwork of Klonoa. From what I can recall, my idea was that it was a nightmarish doppelganger of Klonoa not dissimilar to Dark Link.

From what I can recall, I made it in MS-Paint on Windows 7. Don't remember how long it took, but judging by the, uh, low-quality nature, my guess is not more than 30 minutes.

I've gone through several PCs since I originally made the image and at the time it was made I had little interest in preserving my old work, so unfortunately (or fortunately) this snipit I grabbed from my own video is, so far as I know, the only existing instance of the original.

There are also two cleaned up versions of this that were done by an old deviantART friend of mine called "FoxOfSpock". By some miracle I still have the first revision she did.

However her original account that the second revision was posted to was closed down circa 2014, so whether or not it still exists is beyond my knowledge.  :unsure:
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: [Old Crap Art] Dark Klonoa
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 09:40:28 am »
I love looking at these old crappy OCs from the 2010s...  :embarassed:
This gives me an idea for a post...  :unsure:

I can hardly read what it says on the image, i'll try my self.

"This is the evil silhouette of Klonoa, he is one of the bosses before
the final, he knows all of Klonoa's (can't read) and more, he also knows
how to wall bounce, you get the wall run bounce ability after
(can't read) the guy, you can play as the guy after rescuing all of the
purple (can't read) beating the game twice and (can't read) this without
getting hit"

I honestly expected it to be even more OC-ish but, right, beating the game twice without getting hit is, too much.
I thought i could do another one my self in higher quality but, nope, i don't think i would.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 03:22:52 pm »
Klonona with those ears looks really weired,
I can't really say anything about this image besides "Looks like a shitpost"  :bad_straight_face: .

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 08:47:08 pm »
I love looking at these old crappy OCs from the 2010s...  :embarassed:
This gives me an idea for a post...  :unsure:

I can hardly read what it says on the image, i'll try my self.

"This is the evil silhouette of Klonoa, he is one of the bosses before
the final, he knows all of Klonoa's (can't read) and more, he also knows
how to wall bounce, you get the wall run bounce ability after
(can't read) the guy, you can play as the guy after rescuing all of the
purple (can't read) beating the game twice and (can't read) this without
getting hit"

I honestly expected it to be even more OC-ish but, right, beating the game twice without getting hit is, too much.
I thought i could do another one my self in higher quality but, nope, i don't think i would.

The missing bits are "all of Klonoa's moves", "you get the wall run bounce ability after you beat the guy", "you can play as the guy after rescuing all of the people and beating the game twice and defeating Pyronis without taking a hit."

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 08:53:38 pm »
What are Pyronis?  :confused: Was this for a fan-story?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 09:50:44 pm »
Gotta love that MS Paint bucket fill
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 10:05:14 pm by Cobra! »

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2024, 11:47:30 pm »
What are Pyronis?  :confused: Was this for a fan-story?

Pyronis was my 15 year old self's idea of a final boss for Klonoa 3. A fire-wielder who bears an uncanny resemblance to Klonoa and in a (very lame) plot twist ends up being his father. Looking back, a lot of that video is pretty silly and makes little sense but it started from a good place I guess. :embarassed:

One of the other ideas I pitched in this video was that there would be multiple playable characters, either for the purpose of varied gameplay or unsure.

The other main part I remember about this old quasi-concept was the ending, which wasn't included in either of my old videos:

Having fulfilled his duty as the Dream Traveler, Klonoa gives everyone a heartfelt farewell before stepping through a brilliant light and vanishing. Then, a new Dream Traveler would be born into the dream plane to take his place.

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2024, 11:51:13 pm »
As bad and funny for the unintended reasons this was, i appreciate it existing.  :) I like these old relics.
Although, i unironically like the idea of new dream travellers other than Klonoa, but, i also think that is way too dramatic, and, like, trying too hard to conclude something that, y'know, it's not like any one, can stop dreaming.

Hmmm, we wanted to have 3 or 2 characters on our story, Whispers of Wind, but they aren't playable characters, they are, well, for the ring, we made a whole new cannon, things are very elaborate as to why they are compatible to the ring, and many other things, world building is very important here, but, you'll see that later, this isn't the post to talk about it.  :embarassed:

Speaking of which, if you want to give ideas for Whispers of Wind, well, i can let you in! And i'll tell what we have so far for the world and characters.

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2024, 09:52:45 pm »
As bad and funny for the unintended reasons this was, i appreciate it existing.  :) I like these old relics.
Although, i unironically like the idea of new dream travellers other than Klonoa, but, i also think that is way too dramatic, and, like, trying too hard to conclude something that, y'know, it's not like any one, can stop dreaming.

Hmmm, we wanted to have 3 or 2 characters on our story, Whispers of Wind, but they aren't playable characters, they are, well, for the ring, we made a whole new cannon, things are very elaborate as to why they are compatible to the ring, and many other things, world building is very important here, but, you'll see that later, this isn't the post to talk about it.  :embarassed:

Speaking of which, if you want to give ideas for Whispers of Wind, well, i can let you in! And i'll tell what we have so far for the world and characters.

For the first part, that was kind of the idea.
Klonoa leaving his old dreams of heroism behind symbolizing that he's growing up and moving on, but there will always be more heroes like him. People of the younger generation to take his place, more or less following the narrative given by the original game's ending that we as the player are the Dream Traveler. That's, however, a topic deserving of it's own thread.

As for the Whispers of the Wind thing, sure!
I'm not much of a programmer, but I can help with idea crafting and music.  :)

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 11:40:37 am »
This one goes to the AMV slideshow with Linkin Park music :bad_straight_face:
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho