Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Worst game-breaking glitches you've experienced  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Worst game-breaking glitches you've experienced
« on: December 16, 2014, 01:48:00 pm »
What are the WORST game-breaking glitches you've experienced? Back when I was a kid, I had Nicktoons: Globs of Doom and at one point after I beat the game, my save file corrupted and ever since then, the save file corrupted EVERY SINGLE TIME I BEAT THE FIRST LEVEL OF THE INVADER ZIM WORLD!!!!! :very_angry: I couldn't beat the game anymore because of that. I eventually gave the game to my cousin.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
Re: Worst game-breaking glitches you've experienced
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 02:16:46 pm »
I've bumped into glitches in Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction that prevented me from going any further in the game. I had to outsmart the glitch using a method I looked up on the web, and even then, the voices would go off-sync with the lip movements for no good reason.

If there is one game I'd like to see get a remake, it's this one, simply so that hopefully the glitches will be fixed, and I enjoy the game the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 03:37:46 pm »
Oh, you're in for a "treat".

When playing Megaman Battle Network 5, I got up ALL THE WAY to the Undernet (that's quite a ways into the game, you know), and at that battle map....well, the game froze while it was saving. So, not sure what else to do, I turned it on, then off, and...the game file was corrupted. I lost EVERYTHING. So, being the hopeful kind of guy I am, I decided to start a new game, anyway. Hey, I could always re-play the game, right? No harm done, right? Well, after playing for a bit, I saved, turned the power off, turned it on later, and...it didn't save! So...Yeah, I took the game back to GameStop. And I never played Megaman Battle Network again...mostly becuase Gamestop doesn't sell GBA games anymore, and it's more convenient buying them from there then online, so...yeah, guess I'm just lazy. That being said, the ONLY WAY I'd ever bother with 5 again is if it was the DS version. Otherwise, NEVER AGAIN.

...Oh, and there was that one glitch at the Slaughterhouse in Beyond Good and Evil that made it impossible to continue if you saved at a certain point. Though, I didn't lose quite as much in that instance, and Beyond Good and Evil was good enough to warrant replaying through all that progress. Seriously, it's ****ing awesome, you should buy it and play through it if you haven't, like, done so already.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline John3210

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Do you even praise the sun?
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 05:05:41 pm »
This was actually on my first vidya for the GBA:
I had this sort of Contra-Lilo and Stitch game as a kid (Like 4 years old or something) and oh boy, it was hard. Like, REALLY.
Anyway there is this mid-boss on the first level which is some kind of crane, and it has to be triggered otherwise you couldn't progress.
After dying countless times, the boss never triggered anymore, thus the ending of my game. Luckily I was given Pokèmon LeafGreen shortly after but that's another story. Pic related, the game.
My Quote:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 05:26:18 pm »
oh boy I had some fun stuff on my early pc version of dark souls.

mostly involving bosses.

Queelag mysteriously died mid way during battle.
Moonlight butterfly got stuck in the distance and then .. dead

Over in Olacile I somehow fell and didn't die resulting in me reaching the bottom of nowhere. not 5 mins later also out of nowhere I get a ring of Calamity only to find out later via wiki that one of the bosses I wanted to fight suicided on me when i was at the literal bottom of the world xD.

I also once slid down a ladder and instead of stopping at the floor I just kept going into nothingness and then died.

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 06:09:23 pm »

When playing Megaman Battle Network 5, I got up ALL THE WAY to the Undernet (that's quite a ways into the game, you know), and at that battle map....well, the game froze while it was saving. So, not sure what else to do, I turned it on, then off, and...the game file was corrupted. I lost EVERYTHING. So, being the hopeful kind of guy I am, I decided to start a new game, anyway. Hey, I could always re-play the game, right? No harm done, right? Well, after playing for a bit, I saved, turned the power off, turned it on later, and...it didn't save! So...Yeah, I took the game back to GameStop. And I never played Megaman Battle Network again...mostly becuase Gamestop doesn't sell GBA games anymore, and it's more convenient buying them from there then online, so...yeah, guess I'm just lazy. That being said, the ONLY WAY I'd ever bother with 5 again is if it was the DS version. Otherwise, NEVER AGAIN.

...Oh, and there was that one glitch at the Slaughterhouse in Beyond Good and Evil that made it impossible to continue if you saved at a certain point. Though, I didn't lose quite as much in that instance, and Beyond Good and Evil was good enough to warrant replaying through all that progress. Seriously, it's ****ing awesome, you should buy it and play through it if you haven't, like, done so already.

Hm, I never ran into that glitch. But when playing Megaman Battle Network 4 Blue Moon (or Red Sun, can't remember), at the part when you gotta stop Woodman when all the spikes are coming up, my game would lag soooo much. Like, it took 2 minutes for a command to be registered. It was fine after I got to Woodman, but it took me all day to get there. I never replayed it since

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 07:06:47 pm »

Hm, I never ran into that glitch. But when playing Megaman Battle Network 4 Blue Moon (or Red Sun, can't remember), at the part when you gotta stop Woodman when all the spikes are coming up, my game would lag soooo much. Like, it took 2 minutes for a command to be registered. It was fine after I got to Woodman, but it took me all day to get there. I never replayed it since

Well, I'll admit that what happened to my Megaman Battle Network 5 copy was porbably less of a glitch, and more of a defect, or some other thing. I should probably specify that it didn't save afterwards because "The save file was corrupted". So...it may have been from turning it off while it saved, even though it froze...though, why it froze in THE FIRST PLACE could be anyone's guess.

That other glitch, though, is apparently a common occurence, and the PC version apparently has a patch for when it happens on Ubisoft's website, or something.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 01:06:46 am »
I can't recall any serious glitches in my early years of gaming...nothing game breaking anyway. The most recent gamebreaking problem I've had though is with the Prince of Persia games on the PC through Steam (SoT & WW).

I don't know if the code is broken or the game wasn't meant to be run on a modern day gaming rig. During the parts of levels where the player has to wall jump to lower elevation without falling to their death....I couldn't because the character would actually gain elevation. Additionally when pushing boxes off a ledge they would launch up and across the room instead of to the floor; it was then impossible to drag the box down the stairs or to the desired destination.

The one fix I found for this issue was when I turned Fraps on to record my issue for tech support (if they listened). Fraps showed that I was producing 4000 fps....and when I started recording the game worked fine at the ~60 fps recording speed. All in all I learned I needed to lag my computer in certain areas to progress. I eventually gave up though...totally ruined whatever immersion the game had