Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Project Heroes  (Read 71122 times)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« on: September 28, 2013, 03:48:23 pm »
Here's the thing; a lot of fans really want a translated version of Klonoa Heroes: Legend of the Star Medal. The plan is simple; we want to provide a working English copy of the game, but leave the graphics intact or at least for now; we might even update the title logo once we get this thing up and runnning).

Now, I've done some ROM hacking before, but I may need help with this project as I'm a busy guy, and I have plenty of time constraints, but I'm willing to see this thing through. I know there were talks about translation patches, but I don't believe there wasn't anything done about it. I aim to change that.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
Project Heroes
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 05:28:56 pm »
Alright! I would love to get this game translated properly. I haven't played the game much because it's hard to understand for the most part.

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
Project Heroes
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 12:25:05 am »
The first thing to do is to translate the menus.

Offline salehmo2000

• A die-hard Klonoa fan
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
Project Heroes
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 07:29:53 am »
I would like to help,but I have no experience on ROM hacking or any sort of these...i hope i can help you on anything else.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 05:57:23 pm »
I'm using some ROM hacking tools, and let me say that hexadecimals are a pain. -_-

However that won't deter me. I've been on GBAtemp learning the tricks of the trade. I'm sure it'll be of help.

Right now I'm also working another project, so this ROM translations is more of a side thing, but I won't forget about it
;)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:46:27 pm »
Update

It's been a while since I posted (lol Pokemon Y) but I have picked up some hex editors and other mod software and I AM learning the ins and outs of them. I registered at GBATemp to learn the tricks of the trade. I won't be able to fully get my hands dirty as it's been very busy where I work, so I would say I'll be at it next month, when I have plenty of time.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
Project Heroes
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 05:05:22 pm »

I don't know if it's in the plans or not but I did a quick mockup of a possible English logo for Klonoa Heroes that could possibly be replaced with the Japanese logo in game. If anyone likes it I'll go ahead and color it to make it look more official.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:47:17 pm by ka64 »

Offline SpykeXD

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
    • Spyke's Got Writer's Block
Project Heroes
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 10:40:36 pm »
InvisionFree
Some other site

I found two translations of the game. The first one appears complete but hasn't been formatted to make sense in English (looks like a direct translation) and the second one hasn't been completed and it also hasn't been formatted. These should provide a good base for the translation.

I'm also taking a class in Japanese so I might be able to help with this once I start becoming more fluent in the language. I can already read and write hiragana and katakana, but I haven't learned enough vocabulary (yet) to be all that helpful.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 02:22:10 pm »
Quote from: "ka64"
(Image removed from quote.)
I don't know if it's in the plans or not but I did a quick mockup of a possible English logo for Klonoa Heroes that could possibly be replaced with the Japanese logo in game. If anyone likes it I'll go ahead and color it to make it look more official.

I might plan on using a logo of sorts, but the main thing is getting translations out of the way. This will be a cherry on top.

Quote from: "SpykeXD"
I found two translations of the game. The first one appears complete but hasn't been formatted to make sense in English (looks like a direct translation) and the second one hasn't been completed and it also hasn't been formatted. These should provide a good base for the translation.

I'm also taking a class in Japanese so I might be able to help with this once I start becoming more fluent in the language. I can already read and write hiragana and katakana, but I haven't learned enough vocabulary (yet) to be all that helpful.

Oh yes please! I don't mind having any help with this, this will only make things quicker and smoother. I appreciate your help!  :D
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 02:24:14 pm by the_darai »

Offline Tails' Fake Rings

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Project Heroes
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 09:13:54 pm »
I've been discussing translations of the script by Aoi with a friend of mine. If there's anything I could do involving narration or dialogue touch-ups, please let me know!