The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Project Heroes  (Read 71163 times)

Offline Tails' Fake Rings

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Project Heroes
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 08:55:14 am »
Quote from: "RollingMeowcat"
I inspected the ROM, and it's lacking lower case letters. Could be a problem.

@Fake Ring I am looking forward to your finished project. A theory I've been thinking is Klonoa become his own character in the ending of Klonoa3 so all the spin-off games/comics can be "connected" with main series. But I'd love to hear other people's thoughts.
The project is written with Klonoa as his own character, instead of being a representation of the player in the dream worlds. There's a lot more to it as well, but I'd rather explain it in a different topic or through PMs, instead of cluttering the_darai's thread (although it does feature the story of Legend of the Star Medal).

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
Project Heroes
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 02:47:29 pm »
OK thanks for letting me join.... um even though I know little of programing (I mean very little) I do know a guy from another forums that I sometimes visit (not to offend anybody) and I actually know a guy who might help us out. Though the thing is.... he is a fan of a lesser known RPG series named MOTHER... I could give you more info about the series some other time but this guy named Tomato has made translations before of the MOTHER GBA games so maybe he might be able to help us out
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 07:58:59 pm »
Quote from: "Megahog2014"
OK thanks for letting me join.... um even though I know little of programing (I mean very little) I do know a guy from another forums that I sometimes visit (not to offend anybody) and I actually know a guy who might help us out. Though the thing is.... he is a fan of a lesser known RPG series named MOTHER... I could give you more info about the series some other time but this guy named Tomato has made translations before of the MOTHER GBA games so maybe he might be able to help us out
Hey, the more the merrier  :D No one here is gonna tear you apart for visiting other forums, we all do that anyay. But sure, if you want invite your friends to this project, it would certainly be nice.

Offline Zenex Azure

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • "That's a cat."
    • Mixer Channel
Project Heroes
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 10:29:02 am »
Oh man, I always wanted to play this game and even do an LP on it, but the fact that I don't know Japanese just yet kind of prevented me from doing so. ^^;

That aside, I would love to help, but I'm not sure what I could do. I'm taking a major where I can learn programming, but I'm still pretty new with it.

The least I can do is maybe spread the word and see if anyone else can help. I have a couple of places where I could do that. :unsure:

Eh, only by your permission though. I don't want to start doing that if you're not ok with it. :|
"Look, ok, thinking is hard."

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 11:35:29 am »
By all means, go ahead. ;) When I started this project, I assumed that I would be doing this alone, but then I had my share of problems, to which I had to put in hiatus. But seeing that I'm getting more support for it, it really get me excited to be getting back to working on it again.

As I said above, I'll show you some tips and tricks along the way. There's this one pdf I've been following that helps. And looking on GBAtemps and Romhacking.net really helps too.

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
Project Heroes
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 11:35:50 pm »
Ok first Happy First Day of Spring Everbody :D second I just contacted a guy named Tomato from the Starmen forums. What he did to earn his popularity was that he made translation on Mother 1+2 gba game and the Mother 3 gba game. He was also a good hacker to the Earthbound games. Though I asked him to help us out with this project since he has alot experience with translations and hacks. I will post up a topic in the forums to see if anyone would help us. Wish me luck
  ;D
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2014, 11:14:41 am »
Awesome! Make sure to keep us posted.

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
Project Heroes
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2014, 02:41:42 pm »
Will do ;D
OK I Posted up the topic on the starmen forums (you can visit if you like) so now I am awaiting responses
Ok I got a response and a he/she said that I should list out what do we need so I need to list out what we need…. but that brings up the question though… what dooo we need? :-/  can you give me a list so I could include it on my post
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 05:56:26 pm by Megahog2014 »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Project Heroes
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 11:29:50 pm »
Hmm, I would tons of help. :P I'm a bit newbish at hacking roms per se. I understand hexadecimals and bits and bytes and all the jazz, But trying to figure out what is what in Transhexltion. Plus I can't get the corrected characters to show up, it all looks like gibberish in the hex editor.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Project Heroes
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2014, 01:46:31 am »
Checked the game ROM again, it actually lacked the English fort we can make use of!
We should extract font from the other 2 GBA games - Empire of Dreams/Dream Champ Tournament first,or use another available font.
My favorite animes:

More to come