In some instances, all you can do is wahoo.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Hello...!  (Read 3851 times)

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
Hello...!
« on: November 19, 2014, 12:07:58 am »
I'm called Artsy in most places and I finally decided to make an account...

I'm going to be honest... I was iffy about joining at first. I am not heavily involved in the fan community although i do passionately love the Klonoa games (I'm literally only six months older than the series, I turned 17 this year as well!)

Most of my "interaction" with the fandom has consisted of reading content from FFN that dates back years ago, and sort of doing my own thing on tumblr regarding the content. I've tried mingling around and making fandom-friends on tumblr, but I've always felt out of place and like I didn't belong because a lot (not all, but definitely a lot) of the fans on tumblr act like they don't even want to talk to you unless you think Lunatea's Veil was God's gift to gaming (I personally liked other games more than LT, but I really don't want to start a fight that's the exact thing I'm trying to avoid) so I always felt really intimidated by some of the people in the fandom.

However I finally talked myself into making an account here in hopes of becoming more involved in the fandom, and perhaps get over my intimidation by interacting with people outside of those I've already been exposed to. I've seen some of the nicest people in this fandom as well and I really want to meet them..!

For the moment though my activity might be a little low... I'm struggling to get my college apps in on time so just a little patience please  :embarassed:

Otherwise I'm rather excited to be joining this forum...!

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: Hello...!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:12:10 am »
Hello, and welcome to the Forums!

So, I'll just get thos out of the way! We do celebrate all things Klonoa here, but I assure you, we appreciate things other than Klonoa wvery now and then. (I mean, c'mon. Just look at my avy. Not exactly Klonoa-related, yes?) anyway, we're always glad to have new members here! (There's also the Klonoa Chat on Skype, should you be interested in that, too...but one thing at a time.)

Anyway, make yourself at home. We do have much to talk about in regard to Klonoa, and all sorts of subject matter, of course.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:23:42 am »
Hello and Welcome to the forums.  :D
It's ok to like different Klonoa games over the normal others.
My personal favorite is the ps1 Door to Phantomile where as some other lean towards Lunatea's veil.
We are a pretty diverse group though.

Offline dragee

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ♩♪♩♩♪
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 01:13:36 am »
Waphillio(welcome), Artsy! XD
I'm glad to see new members like you ;D

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 02:56:21 am »
Hello, welcome to the forums!
I know it's been said already, but please don't feel like you need to love a certain game in the series to be considered welcome here.
LV is my personal favorite but the other games are just as fantastic, and there is no Fandom God that declared "LV is the best game and you have to adore it", haha.

And if it means anything, I used to be really intimidated by forums and fandoms and such, but I've gotten pretty comfortable with most of the folks here. I hope you can settle in, too! (And good luck with your college apps.)

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 05:21:32 am »
Welcome to the forums! There's no problems if you're busy, or anything, You can take your time here for whatever you want for whatever you do.
(Also, This fandom is better than Sonic Fanbase by 800%)

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • This sentence contains a lie.
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 07:28:57 am »
Heh, people wanting to shove their opinion onto you is one of my biggest pet peeves, and act like you don't know jack if you don't agree, it's pretty much the easiest way to make me not take someone seriously. That said Lunatea's Veil is my favorite game in the series, I find it to be a masterpiece game design wise (could maybe even go as far as calling it art), the only things I can hold against it is it's relative easiness, and short length, then again that means that the game does not overstay its welcome, so it might be for the better anyway.

But really, I enjoy hearing the viewpoint of others, as long as they are not spouting pure bullcrap while acting like a know it all (another huge pet peeve of mine).

But yeah, nothing wrong with having your own opinions, and enjoying things that other people might dislike/not enjoy as much, like the fact that I enjoy playing Dragon's Lair (PAL ver.) for the NES, despite the fact that most of the internet considers it a unplayable mess.
 :big_smile:   
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:32:08 am by S.Z. »

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 07:57:03 am »
Artsy, eh? Nice. Welcome to Klonoa Forums!

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 10:06:29 am »
I'm sure I'm not one of the nicest Klonoa fans; anyway, welcome.
Oh, if you're instrested in the English patch of Klonoa Heroes, just remember to come here and check form time to time.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 10:09:34 am »
Welcome to the forums, Artsy!  ;D
I can guarantee that you're gonna love it here just from the interactions and creativity from the other users alone.