There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: If there was a fighting game, should it be inspired by...?  (Read 1042 times)

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
If there was a fighting game, should it be inspired by...?
« on: March 19, 2023, 10:35:41 am »
Share thoughts on what kind of fighting game should it stay closer to, like Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers, anything you'd think you can comment! (hehehh... i'm planning on doing something about that)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
Re: If there was a fighting game, should it be inspired by...?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 11:13:58 am »
A Klonoa Fighter? Maybe something like Sonic the Fighters would work.

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 05:59:53 pm »
A Klonoa fighting game should most definitely try to be its own thing. Of course we can take established mechanics from mainstream fighters like blocking, parrying, counters, per-frame collisions etc., however I see a lot of elements in the Klonoa games can be worked into a project like this.

For example, what if every character is given a Wind Ring? We could bring all sorts of stage items from the other games and remix them into weapons or bigger attack blocks, taking into account the Klonoa moveset which of course can also be optimized for this hypothetical fighting game. Even the Moos can be used as items.

There can be also unique Ring powerups, like getting Klonoa's Wind sword from Heroes, perhaps a blaster thing, or even a spring that makes you jump higher. It could be a radically different take on Super Smash Bros  :big_smile:

If we don't give other characters Wind Rings, they should all have their own distinct movesets to be able to fundamentally counter Klonoa's own, that type of game could lean more into traditional Street Fighter or Tekken of sorts. I'd go into specifics but this response would be like 10 pages long sooo. Imagine someone like Balue being a power character with hard hitting attacks. Or Popka with his fast and agile ability.

You get the picture. Namco could go crazy with a concept like this, I can already imagine the amazing music.  :D
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 06:20:39 pm »
I never wished for Klonoa to be in Smash Bros. as a playable character because, well, like Bomberman which was also heavily requested, there isn't really much to work with him in Smash Bros, but the ideas you have, could work well actually! Man i'm imagining Balue the Zangief, or Jeffry...
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Mr.KokoPudgeFudge

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • I'm a guy who thinks way too much
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2023, 10:07:02 am »
I never wished for Klonoa to be in Smash Bros. as a playable character because, well, like Bomberman which was also heavily requested, there isn't really much to work with him in Smash Bros, but the ideas you have, could work well actually! Man i'm imagining Balue the Zangief, or Jeffry...
Klonoa as Zangief would be insane x_x

Offline LilyJubbi

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Just a cool cat who recently got into Klonoa <3
    • Link to my sona-
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 06:23:01 pm »
Share thoughts on what kind of fighting game should it stay closer to, like Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers, anything you'd think you can comment! (hehehh... i'm planning on doing something about that)

A fighting game based on Klonoa could be interesting! I usually prefer the anime style of fighters, so I'd probably go with GBVSR in terms of gameplay (Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising, it's a game I really like). ;D  Though, I guess a platform fighter idea would work <3
Meow lol

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2024, 06:27:46 pm »
I don't think it should be a Smash Bros. clone because, well, it usually just gets ignored, so, yes, maybe it can be a platform fighter, but i always felt, attached more to the idea of it being like, a more standard 3D fighter, closer to Fighting Vipers, not Virtua Fighter for sure, but then, i don't think it'd be too Klonoa, i think if a fighting game would exist, it really needs to lean on the fact that it is Klonoa, otherwise, why play this over, well, another fighting game that does all that it is trying but better? So i guess it being a platform fighter would be wise to complement more on Klonoa ideas, I think everyone should have a ring in this game, may sound odd, but it'd be comical, and kinda funny maybe.
Perhaps have a Street Fighter Alpha 3 A-ism and V-ism thing, like, you pick Lolo for powering the ring as if it was V-ism, or you pick Hewpoe for powering the ring as if it was A-ism, have enemies spawning on the stage and such, but i don't think it should have the Smash Bros. system of % and having to knock some one out of the stage.

But if it is this, i think it should be a side-game within a Klonoa game.  :embarassed: