Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Hello, New Here!  (Read 1269 times)

Offline arisho

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
Hello, New Here!
« on: March 02, 2023, 12:50:33 pm »
Hello! Decided to look for Klonoa fansites and stumbled into this forum! It's nice to be here. My name is Ari, I've been a fan of the series for a very long time, at least over 10 years. My first game in the series was Lunatea's Veil, and is also my favorite game in the series. I have played the first title and a few of the Gameboy games.

Klonoa is such a great series...and definitely my favorite platformer, as I like how it heavily focuses on puzzle solving rather than just getting jumping from place to place. I love the art style as well! Let's just say I love everything about the series haha.

I did create a video essay on Lunatea's Veil if anyone would like to see it. I'll post it in this thread here.  :big_smile:

I'm excited to be a part of this Klonoa community!

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: Hello, New Here!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 12:53:13 pm »
How sweet to see a new member that made a video, posted and is excited to be part of here!  :big_smile: We don't see that every day, but, welcome aboard, hope you like all that this forum has to offer, we really like to have new active members.

I just realized... I've first played a Klonoa game 11 years ago at this point, woah... (it was the Wiimake, i found the game again 3 years ago, because i never knew its name)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline arisho

• Wind
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 01:01:57 pm »
What is your favorite Klonoa game and level?

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 01:05:00 pm »
My favorite game is either Door to Phantomile (PS1 version even tho i used to play on Wii), but i think the winner is L'sV. I think Door to Phantomile had consistently better levels and music, all that, whereas L'sV is the overall better package, i have a softer spot for Door to Phantomile's style that, isn't as unique as the later games, but, i think it became unique because no other game has its organic look and feel to it.

My favorite level? Oh god... That is a very tough question, because, again, every level in DtP is so consistently good, it is hard to pick... I think... Man, i'm sorry, this is just that hard.  :embarassed:
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline arisho

• Wind
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 01:11:57 pm »
Nice what are some of your favorite things about L'sV? For me it has to be the music and the story.

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 01:17:44 pm »
For me, the story and world of Lunatea is my favorite thing about it, Lunatea's Veil feels very different from the DtP, i used to see that as a negative, but now, as a positive, and, yeah, it is crazy.
Altho, at the same time i find the world, organic style, levels and characters of Phantomile more charming despite not being as, well, unique, and, same goes to the music of Door to Phantomile, those 2 things are my favorite things about both games... As to why i think DtP's music is, the peek of the series' soundtrack? Well, everything stands out so much and, the melodies, the energy, oh god, how much they fit, how i can sing the entirety, even the shorter songs that play at specific points by heart, L'sV has a good soundtrack for sure, but, it's, not as "melodic" per say, more focused on atmosphere, and they are great for that! But they never stood out as much or had that energy from DtP...

Moonlight Museum has best style tho, so i lied. :bad_straight_face:

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 08:50:02 pm »
Hey, welcome to the forum! Always nice to see another Klonoa fan! :smile2:

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 05:37:21 am »
Hello and welcome to the forums! ;D It's always nice to see new faces here.

Offline arisho

• Wind
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 12:27:16 pm »
Thanks for having me!  :smile2:

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai