For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

In a subjective matter, what is your favorite version of Door to Phantomile?

Playstation (1997)
7 (87.5%)
Wii (2008)
0 (0%)
Java (2008)
0 (0%)
Phantasy Reverie Series (2022)
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: What is your favorite version of Door to Phantomile?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
What is your favorite version of Door to Phantomile?
« on: February 28, 2023, 12:54:42 pm »
Y'know, i'd just like to know, personally Playstation is my favorite, but you can also rank these if you want through the comments.

As for my ranking:
1-Playstation
2-Wii
3-PRS
4-Java
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
Re: What is your favorite version of Door to Phantomile?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 04:00:35 pm »
Wait, there was a Java version of Door to Phantomile?! :O

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 04:14:44 pm »
Yes there was, made for Japanese mobile phones, however, like, all the thousands of Jap Java games that were actually the best ports for mobile phones at the time (better than the western versions), it was lost...
Which is a shame, that looks very well done, as is tradition for these old lost mobile games.
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2023, 04:58:26 pm »
Aw man that's a shame, I'd have loved to play it...

I can't find any screenshots, though.

Offline arisho

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2023, 12:54:20 pm »
That's a tough question...but I know what my answer would be for my least favorite...the Wii remake! Bleh!

After giving it some thought, it's really a toss up between the original ps1 version and the Phantasy Reverie version. I'll say that I slightly prefer the PR version - as I tend to prefer the more fleshed out character models as opposed to the pixel art style (which is great as well but it's just a preference)!

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 01:05:59 pm »
It certainly is a matter of preference because... I think these models from PRS are not faithful or well made enough compared to the high quality Playstation models, and, well, that is, the only issue in PRS really, the limited time and budget Namco gave to the team, not allowing this to be the ultimate and best version of the game not reaching their full potential or having, well minor downgrades, and to prove, yes i made my own model, that is quite hi-poly and remains more faithful, will be used in a future fan game in a few years, along with, other models. But, well, it's fine, i guess i'll try to find a way to mod PRS so that i can bring many improvements for it.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline arisho

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 01:09:11 pm »
Those are REALLY nice. You are very talented!!!

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2023, 05:46:36 am »
Aw man that's a shame, I'd have loved to play it...

I can't find any screenshots, though.
I can't seem to find any either... Back then I was at high school, I had a Java ME phone. I would kill to play it back then. :sad_face:

As for my favorite, it has to be the PlayStation version. PRS and Wiimake are mostly similiar, imo.

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 01:28:04 pm »
Holy CRAP these models are incredible!!! If these were used in PR, it would have been PERFECT. They're so freaking faithful to the original sprites, it's scary. And you're making a fan game???? I can't wait to see what comes of that. Okay I hope this isn't unwelcome, but if you ever need help with writing or the like, I'd always be available to help!

Anyways, about my favorite version of DtP..... trick question, my favorite version of DtP doesn't exist! The scrapped concept art for the game presented such a vast high fantasy world akin to the best of the best of Hayao Miyazaki's work on Ghibli movies.

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 08:58:04 pm »
It certainly is a matter of preference because... I think these models from PRS are not faithful or well made enough compared to the high quality Playstation models, and, well, that is, the only issue in PRS really, the limited time and budget Namco gave to the team, not allowing this to be the ultimate and best version of the game not reaching their full potential or having, well minor downgrades, and to prove, yes i made my own model, that is quite hi-poly and remains more faithful, will be used in a future fan game in a few years, along with, other models. But, well, it's fine, i guess i'll try to find a way to mod PRS so that i can bring many improvements for it.

Wow, I legit thought the original model for the sprites were leaked! :O Good job, man! ;D

Holy CRAP these models are incredible!!! If these were used in PR, it would have been PERFECT. They're so freaking faithful to the original sprites, it's scary. And you're making a fan game???? I can't wait to see what comes of that. Okay I hope this isn't unwelcome, but if you ever need help with writing or the like, I'd always be available to help!

Anyways, about my favorite version of DtP..... trick question, my favorite version of DtP doesn't exist! The scrapped concept art for the game presented such a vast high fantasy world akin to the best of the best of Hayao Miyazaki's work on Ghibli movies.

Huh, I could have sworn I’ve seen the second last image somewhere else before…  :unsure: