No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Did anybody archived ShiftyLook Forums?  (Read 5263 times)

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Did anybody archived ShiftyLook Forums?
« on: April 03, 2014, 02:01:39 pm »
I did archived it, but forgot backing up while I'm reinstalling my OS.  :(

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:51:46 pm »
What's your OS?

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:49:15 pm »
I only preserved Klonoa forum. (in matt format)
Have you tried a file recovery program, like Recuva? Reinstalling? Did you mean restoring from disk images?
(Warning: Never put recovery programs in the same partition which you stored your archives before or your lost data could be overwrote forever!)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 11:53:32 pm by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 01:14:50 am »
Quote from: "RollingMeowcat"
Have you tried a file recovery program, like Recuva? Reinstalling? Did you mean restoring from disk images?
(Warning: Never put recovery programs in the same partition which you stored your archives before or your lost data could be overwrote forever!)
IF all he did was reinstall Windows then it's quite possible it's not deleted. In fact, I would know where to go to get it. But it all depends on a few factors.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 05:36:56 am »
Quote from: "the_darai"
What's your OS?

Yes, I tried. Files are there but folder stucture is gone, I need to rearrange all of those html files...

My OS is Windows 8.1

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 08:03:38 am »
Ah, then you might be able to save them. Do you remember what folder you saved them in?

Fire up File Explorer and click on This PC and go on your C:\ drive. You should have a folder called Windows.old. Go to that folder and then Users and then user name you had before reinstalling. There should be all your old files prior to reinstalling.

I've done this plenty enough times with reinstallation that while I do backup my files, I don't normally worry about it while reinstalling Windows. Hopefully that'll help you out. If not, I'll sort you out.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 02:37:54 pm »
Ah, then you might be able to save them. Do you remember what folder you saved them in?

Fire up File Explorer and click on This PC and go on your C:\ drive. You should have a folder called Windows.old. Go to that folder and then Users and then user name you had before reinstalling. There should be all your old files prior to reinstalling.

I've done this plenty enough times with reinstallation that while I do backup my files, I don't normally worry about it while reinstalling Windows. Hopefully that'll help you out. If not, I'll sort you out.
I wiped previous partitions. There is no Windows.old

Anyway I give up. Found that File recovery software I use also founds files from my browser cache, there are millions of these html files. Even I check them 1by1 it's not going to work. All folder stucture and filenames are gone. Some files are corrupted too. I feel like a idiot right now. X_X

RollingMeowcat, can you share yours? :)

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 01:26:19 pm »
@Rupurudu Sure! I'm willing to share my archives with anybody. But I think I should organize them first.
I opened every topics in new tabs and manually saved them one by one, in matt format; what really matters - is all the hyperlinks still take you to the nonexistent webpages of ShiftyLook. That means "next page" ,"previous page" or other links are invalid in my archive.
If you are OK with these, then I'll find a storage service to upload my files and post the link here.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 01:47:44 pm »
Quote from: "Rupurudu"

I wiped previous partitions. There is no Windows.old

Anyway I give up. Found that File recovery software I use also founds files from my browser cache, there are millions of these html files. Even I check them 1by1 it's not going to work. All folder stucture and filenames are gone. Some files are corrupted too. I feel like a idiot right now. X_X

RollingMeowcat, can you share yours? :)

Aww, that sucks. Can I ask why you had to reinstall Windows?

@Rupurudu Sure! I'm willing to share my archives with anybody. But I think I should organize them first.
I opened every topics in new tabs and manually saved them one by one, in matt format; what really matters - is all the hyperlinks still take you to the nonexistent webpages of ShiftyLook. That means "next page" ,"previous page" or other links are invalid in my archive.
If you are OK with these, then I'll find a storage service to upload my files and post the link here.

I would suggest using Mega. It does a great job and without ads in the way. Plus the 50GB free storage. https://mega.co.nz/

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 12:16:05 pm »
the_darai, Due to general slowness and crap. I install-uninstall programs very often and most of them are leaving crap, causing slowness. I thinked I solved this moving Users folders to another drive, but ShiftyLook's archive was saved on the root of the c drive. :(

RollingMeowcat, Sure ;D
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 12:17:48 pm by Rupurudu »