The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Is this game worth to get?  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Klonoa the original!

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Is this game worth to get?
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:25:29 pm »
I heard the game isn't that good. Is it true?
YAHOOOOO!

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Is this game worth to get?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:48:12 pm »
Wut o_O. Eh I liked it I'd say go for it if you feel fine with it.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 08:50:30 pm »
Go for it. I've played all the games and I enjoyed them in their own way.

Offline CalmSerenity

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 52
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 08:57:55 pm »
I personally liked Empire of Dreams. I'd say it's worth getting if you really enjoyed the gameplay experience that the platforming Klonoa games brought you before :)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 11:43:17 pm »
It's...okay, really. It's definitely no "2.5D masterpeice", but it has it's own charm.  If you enjoy light platforming with large amounts of puzzle solving, then this game will no doubt interest you. If you're looking for something more platform-oriented, though, then this game might not be for you. Watch some clips on Youtube, and if you like what you see, then go for it.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 11:50:50 pm »
It's lacking replay value, and its story has not much to do with the previous games. Although you might pick it up again after a long while.

Have you checked any let's play like this? We can talk more when you know what the game is.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 12:06:38 pm by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 09:51:37 am »
I think it does have a bit of replay value, first since you're allowed to skip a few levels to beat the game, and it's pretty fun to try and tackle those after you've finished the story... And there's also the fact that a lot of the later puzzles are so challenging puzzle-wise (which I like, but isn't really for everyone) that coming back to a level after not having played for a while (which happens on its own to a lot of games, but yeah this isn't really a "binge playing" game) still gets your mind working a decent amount. I also find the atmospheres in that game (especially the music!! But all Klonoa games have good music UwU) nicer than Dream Champ, it's a bit more fantasy.

Dream Champ does have more replay value, too, since it grades the player on their performance in each level, you get rewarded for collecting all the dreamstones, and the sunstones hidden in the level unlock a secret level, too. So if that interests you there's that, too.