There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: The future of Klonoa  (Read 1699 times)

davictoes

The future of Klonoa
« on: July 07, 2014, 12:35:15 pm »
Hey guys, I'm  not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I couldn't find a better place soo. :/

Anyway what would you guys want to see in the future of the franchise?
I personally would love too see an app game of Klonoa. Maybe in the same vain as the GBA games. I think it has potential since Klonoa isn't that demanding of a game, maybe even introduce some new elements(Multiplayer mode) to spice things up. ;)

How about even a toy line or little figurines would be neat as a sort of commemoration. I remember namco did do something similar with the female characters in their IPs, they even made one of Lolo.

I think pretty cool if they did something like that for Klonoa's Anniversary or just to show they they haven't forgotten the series.
 What about you guys, what do you want to see?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:33:19 pm by Rupurudu, Reason: typo. »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: THe future of Klonoa.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 01:33:00 pm »
Oh neat, I didn't know that they made figurines.

At this moment, I don't care what they do for Klonoa, they just need to do SOMETHING at this rate because they haven't done anything for the series at all.

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
Re: THe future of Klonoa.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:48:08 pm »
Every time I hear someone say that the Klonoa series has been "forgotten" by Namco, I immediately disagree. I know it's not like a new game or anything, but they reference him often in other games (Ridge Racer Slipstream is an example that we've discussed here before).

If they really forgot about the series, wouldn't they just ignore it altogether?

On top of that there's the whole ShiftyLook thing. Some might say, "But they never finished the comic!". That's not the point. Someone at Namco thought that Klonoa needed some revival, and got the series involved with ShiftyLook. They got a good writer, and a great artist to do the comic too, so it wasn't just some no effort, halfhearted attempt either.

Even more so, they put Empire of Dreams on the Wii U. Like I said, it's not anything new, but it's certainly a start. Again, if they didn't care, they would have ignored the series and they wouldn't have done anything like that.

And to top it all off, both of these happened in the past few months. I don't know about you all, but that doesn't sound like "forgotten" to me.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Re: The future of Klonoa
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 02:36:11 pm »
I don't forgive namco until they made Klonoa 3. I don't want more spinoffs and extra stuff, just a sequel.