Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Raillery: Jillius the Jerk  (Read 5265 times)

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • This sentence contains a lie.
Klonoa Raillery: Jillius the Jerk
« on: November 17, 2014, 06:28:17 pm »
So now that my engine is nearing a somewhat usable state, I'm planning to release a small game consisting of 5 or so levels, the reason being that I have planned some extra features for my engine like the cutscene editor and other things, but I have to come up with a working format that is somewhat usable, so I am making this game to put a few things to test.

As some might guess from the title, the game will not be of the serious variety, characters will act somewhat out of character and the plot solely exists to deliver my attempt at humor.

Planned Features:

Level selector
Five levels or so, and maybe a EX level
A bossfight
Some cutscenes
Block skins so it looks more like a level and less like a NES castlevania castle.

The reason I'm posting this before the game is made, is that I would like to upload this fangame to the web, and would like to have a intro screen that urges people to support the official product, which would be the current release of Empire of Dreams in the Wii U e-shop and Klonoa: Door to Phantomile on PSone classics on various Playstation consoles, because the only thing that will help to get new official Klonoa products to the market is exposing new potential customers to the franchise. So if anyone is able to make a image with the dimensions of 640 x 480, that looks really slick, I would be really grateful.
;D

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
Re: Klonoa Raillery: Jillius the Jerk
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 06:24:55 pm »
If you need I can do vectorial graphics so we could discuss somewhere on how the image will look and I can try working on it. I can sorta draw too but I take my time in freehand drawing. I want to give help anyways

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:51:59 pm »
I can't wait to play finished version of this! Good luck S.Z.

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 07:42:00 pm »
If you need I can do vectorial graphics so we could discuss somewhere on how the image will look and I can try working on it. I can sorta draw too but I take my time in freehand drawing. I want to give help anyways

Alright, because of the way the application compiles flash games I will have to convert it to a bitmap anyway, but as long as it looks good it does not matter much really, what I want from it is just that the image displays images of the covers of both EoD and DtP, and it mentions that EoD is available on the Wii U e-shop, and that DtP is available on the PSN network, on the PS3, PSP, Vita and PS TV and that it urges people to support the official release, because at the end of the day, people buying what is available is the only way to convince Bamco to put more Klonoa out on the market.

Making some progress too, I think I'm going to release the 3 first stages as a demo soonish, I need people to playtest the thing, don't want to release a buggy game, probably won't be a story in the first test version but I should be able to put out something substantial really soon.

The first draft of the last stage ended up being really difficult, I wonder if I should use it as a part of the EX stage, or make the EX stage even harder.
 :embarassed:

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 10:04:13 pm »
Alright guys, the first test version is up, and can be downloaded here:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/db2fce15a934780a76c0f4cce1cb4e6a

This demo allows you to change the music and use custom graphics (by replacing the files in the "asset/Level 1" folder) for the tiles and background, the  reason that I upload this is that I need 3-4 different tilesets and a handful of backgrounds for the final game with the following themes:

Forest
Inside a Cave
Mountaintop (With a view from the top)
Throne Room

So you guys can try to mess with the tilesets yourself, I still have some work to do with the game itself, so I won't be able to take care of the graphics or music at the moment, I would really appriciate if someone here wants to take a crack at creating a level theme. I will release drafts of the other levels soonish, I just need a bit more time to set a few things in order within the engine, and maybe make a interface that makes testing other tilesets easier.

So thus continues the march towards the first finished Klonoa fangame.
 :D

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 11:32:01 pm »
Hmm I'll try what I can. I do have a background in mind xD but I don't know if it will go with those themes or not. Yeah I have a liking for the strangely slanted clouds in Klonoa games.

I wonder if a thread can be made to put game resources in :confused: hmm but that may become a big mess  :big_smile:

Edit: Some backgrounds most of which are based on PS1 DtP for now. Because I have an odd attachment to it's graphics xD
https://mega.co.nz/#!3kQkzQSR!6zZCkiyu_Bm2u9u6-iRPGzvn3qMOxJ3kMweDZ9cZfoQ

Images if you want to see.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 02:10:53 am by Daemyn »

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 02:41:05 pm »
That does actually cover most of my background needs, unless someone is eager to make custom stuff, I might use these.

I like the PS1 backgrounds too, the ones in the Wii remake do look kind of cheap in my opinion (not that I think they look bad or anything.), it's like they didn't have as good of art direction or something like that.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 05:10:47 pm »
Idk if I'll get good with tiles or not I'm not used to 2D stuff <_>  But I do actually have a few more backgrounds I want to attempt to add later.

EDIT:Added a small few more from Tomba because why not. And I could not really find anything of a good lava background in DtP xD
https://mega.co.nz/#!ysBTBbRb!hCpsDNE5pK7p7CGHDz0t3kRIVwLMXCyNUROrtk6KxMs

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:34:57 am by Daemyn »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 06:42:17 pm »
Made a few more based off of some textures Final got for me from the wii make.

https://mega.co.nz/#!3twkVZwB!ux-RsjblDgffF_R3HhF0xwiFzfEdVR8DZML7GviIkYs