Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Shoutbox removed.  (Read 15089 times)

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Re: Shoutbox removed.
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2014, 07:23:11 pm »
Well, users seem to be spam a whole lot on the shoutbox and are addicted to it. Plus, the shoutbox seems to take the users' attention away from the rest of the message boards.

I think this thing is the one that should be removed instead. I don't mind going into each board I'm interested in to see what has been posted. But i agree that there's a lot of spam (and I'm also guilty for spaming... please don't kill me! >n<)

...Really? I mean, that's a bit extreme...for one who comes here everyday, it only MAYBE fills up the first page...maybe. I mean, t IS super-convenient.

Now, what REALLY should be deleted- The Last Poster Topic. Seriously, IT IS LITERALLY SPAM. Every 2nd post in that topic seems to disobey the very specific Forum Rule stating there not be spam/mindless posts full of just pictures/ect. I mean, it's your call, but there's WAY more spam in that then the shoutbox.

...And speaking of, since it doesn't matter unless I put it on a board post- Forum Game posts should NOT count towards total post count, considering their status as...more "loosey-goosey" than some of the more thought-provoking posts on here.
Yup, I know that the last poster game is pure spam (though also some of the forum games), that's why I think that this thing should be deleted cause it just brings even more spam.

I DO WANT THE SHOUT BOX BACK TOO T^T

Actually, it sould really be locked, rather than deleted...that way, future generations can learn from it, and NEVER REPEAT THE MISTAKE THAT WE MADE.
This is also what I thinked while I'm entering this topic. The last time I checked the shoutbox have over 60k+ posts, and this includes klonoa releated stuff. And for an archiver like me this is a big loss.  :sad face:

Fortunately, It's not deleted. I can access it from my moderation panel.  :D

Actually, I was referring to the last poster topic, not the Shoutbox, but whatever floats your boat.

and, as an archiver extraordinaire myself, you cannot comprehend how jealous I am that you can view the shoutbox history...let alone just the shoutbox, period.
Sorry, I didn't read all of the quotes. x_x

By the way, since you support "locking last poster topic & making Forum Games posts not count towards total post count" and also interested in what moderators can see, I'm just posting this here:

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2014, 07:31:50 pm »
Well, users seem to be spam a whole lot on the shoutbox and are addicted to it. Plus, the shoutbox seems to take the users' attention away from the rest of the message boards.

I think this thing is the one that should be removed instead. I don't mind going into each board I'm interested in to see what has been posted. But i agree that there's a lot of spam (and I'm also guilty for spaming... please don't kill me! >n<)

...Really? I mean, that's a bit extreme...for one who comes here everyday, it only MAYBE fills up the first page...maybe. I mean, t IS super-convenient.

Now, what REALLY should be deleted- The Last Poster Topic. Seriously, IT IS LITERALLY SPAM. Every 2nd post in that topic seems to disobey the very specific Forum Rule stating there not be spam/mindless posts full of just pictures/ect. I mean, it's your call, but there's WAY more spam in that then the shoutbox.

...And speaking of, since it doesn't matter unless I put it on a board post- Forum Game posts should NOT count towards total post count, considering their status as...more "loosey-goosey" than some of the more thought-provoking posts on here.
Yup, I know that the last poster game is pure spam (though also some of the forum games), that's why I think that this thing should be deleted cause it just brings even more spam.

Actually, it sould really be locked, rather than deleted...that way, future generations can learn from it, and NEVER REPEAT THE MISTAKE THAT WE MADE.
This is also what I thinked while I'm entering this topic. The last time I checked the shoutbox have over 60k+ posts, and this includes klonoa releated stuff. And for an archiver like me this is a big loss.  :sad face:

Actually, I was referring to the last poster topic, not the Shoutbox, but whatever floats your boat.

and, as an archiver extraordinaire myself, you cannot comprehend how jealous I am that you can view the shoutbox history...let alone just the shoutbox, period.

By the way, since you support "locking last poster topic & making Forum Games posts not count towards total post count" and also interested in what moderators can see, I'm just posting this here:
(Image removed from quote.)

I'm fully aware of this: Heck, I don't even need to look at it to know what it is. Didn't you see that rant I put up on the shoutbox at 6:00 A.M. on November 8th? Having all those posts count as REAL posts makes me absolutely sick to my stomache. All those forum game posts are worthless, yet they make me look even more important here than Aura. Do you even know how shameful that is? I don't want an extraordinarily higher post count- I just want to have some forum game fun with ALOIYD. (Who, admittably, would hate me forever if I persuaded you to go through with doing what I mentioned. But I still think it's the right thing to do, and not just because other Forums I've been to don't count Forum Game Posts towards total post count.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2014, 08:14:36 pm »

I'm fully aware of this: Heck, I don't even need to look at it to know what it is. Didn't you see that rant I put up on the shoutbox at 6:00 A.M. on November 8th? Having all those posts count as REAL posts makes me absolutely sick to my stomache. All those forum game posts are worthless, yet they make me look even more important here than Aura. Do you even know how shameful that is? I don't want an extraordinarily higher post count- I just want to have some forum game fun with ALOIYD. (Who, admittably, would hate me forever if I persuaded you to go through with doing what I mentioned. But I still think it's the right thing to do, and not just because other Forums I've been to don't count Forum Game Posts towards total post count.
Well, let's say we removed shoutbox forever
and Forum games
and maybe all off-topic sections.

I'm asking to you, What's left? Unless Namco puts a new game to the series or some serious fangame which we can discuss about it, this forum is dead.

And trust me, my stats are not too much different than yours.

Like I said, our mission is keep current klonoa fandom alive and make new people join until Namco makes another game for us to talk about and you are putting your time and effort for this. Nobody wants an empty forum, even moderators.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2014, 08:24:51 pm »

and Forum games

I'm asking to you, What's left? Unless Namco puts a new game to the series or some serious fangame which we can discuss about it, this forum is dead.

Like I said, our mission is keep current klonoa fandom alive and make new people join until Namco makes another game for us to talk about and you are putting your time and effort for this. Nobody wants an empty forum, even moderators.

You misunderstand. I WANT the Shoutbox, Forum Games, ect. I just don't want Forum Game posts counting towards the total posts one has. You know, you can still make them, but they don't bloat your post count.

...And believe me, I want the Shoutbox back. A LOT.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2014, 08:47:51 pm »
... removed old quotes.

http://forums.untamedheart.us/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=590.0;attach=502;image

and Forum games

You misunderstand. I WANT the Shoutbox, Forum Games, ect. I just don't want Forum Game posts counting towards the total posts one has. You know, you can still make them, but they don't bloat your post count.

No, I don't understand wrong.
Quote from: Sable-Xeno
And yet, I know...if I stopped coming here, every minute, I would just stop coming here altogether.
I shall now post three words in a stupid "three-word" topic for the sole purpose of inflating my post count
I'm actually ashamed at how many silly posts I've made, that contribute NOTHING here.
I want to say, you are contributing keeping this forum alive. I know if we are going to limit offtopic section any way, you'll stop coming this place.

Think about that way, if no one posts silly posts and try to inflate their post count on this forum, I'll also stop coming this place. Without any new posts to moderate, I'll feel myself useless.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 08:49:49 pm by Rupurudu! »

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2014, 08:51:36 pm »
... removed old quotes.

http://forums.untamedheart.us/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=590.0;attach=502;image

and Forum games

No, I don't understand wrong.
And yet, I know...if I stopped coming here, every minute, I would just stop coming here altogether.
I shall now post three words in a stupid "three-word" topic for the sole purpose of inflating my post count
I'm actually ashamed at how many silly posts I've made, that contribute NOTHING here.
I want to say, you are contributing keeping this forum alive. I know if we are going to limit offtopic section any way, you'll stop coming this place.

Think about that way, if no one posts silly posts and try to inflate their post count on this forum, I'll also stop coming this place. Without any new posts to moderate, I'll feel myself useless.

You...you really do understand...

*Sable-Xeno hugs Rupurudu!*

Offline Rainoa

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • Ahrai!
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2014, 08:59:59 pm »
The Shoutbox is gone? Oh great, there goes my Social Experiments. :P
Sable is AWESOME.

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2014, 09:02:55 pm »
Guys, the shoutbox isn't the reason the forum exists. I think most of you rely on it way too much.
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 46
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 09:11:41 pm »
Guys, the shoutbox isn't the reason the forum exists. I think most of you rely on it way too much.

The shoutbox was something to do and it brought others together. zewing was pretty much the one who said that, but it is true. I look forward to waking up in the morning seeing all my friends chatting in the shoutbox and just hanging out with them in general. Yes, we have PMs and stuff but instant messaging to me was just a better way to chat. I love the Klonoa franchise very much, however we don't have much to discuss because Klonoa is... kind of dead, but we are hoping namco hears us and decide to make another Klonoa game. Another thing, not everyone has Skype to keep up with updates and our friends.

Click to enlarge!♥
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2014, 09:13:25 pm »
I am full aware that everyone doesn't have Skype.

But some of you seem to forget that it wasn't the shoutbox that brought all of us together in the first place.
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/