The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Official Klonoa Manga Colorization collab  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
Official Klonoa Manga Colorization collab
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:16:47 am »
Hey guys, as you guys may know from the title I am holding a collaboration project for fellow Klonoa fans among us. You see the goal I originally intended to work out is to colorize the pages from the manga series. Why, you may ask?...... I mainly like to color stuff....  :| But I sorta had some trouble with coloring the Manga myself (doing a bunch of pages, coloring individual characters, coloring grass mainly.....)..... Though, if you want to join the collab at least let me know you are in so I can give credit where credits due.
Also there is no due date (trust me I am in no rush whatsoever so take you time) though I would like to see a completed page done soon though. Thats all I am asking. Each page number I will credit who did page number on the Manga. If you have anymore questions please PM me and I will answer as soon as I can. and to all who joined.... Thank you and I wish you guys good luck.

UPDATE 12/4/14:
Here is a preview of one of the pages I am doing. ;)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

UPDATE 12/5/14
Ok maybe I might have left out a few things I will send out 5 or more (depends on the participant's decision) chosen pages to each participant. If a Participant has finished coloring the amount of pages given to them and wants to keep going I will send out more pages to that participant. Again this is on the participants choice
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 05:38:57 pm by Megahog2014 »
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: Official Klonoa Manga Colorization collab
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:39:46 am »
It's an admirable goal.

However,  I think you'd benefit better if you could find better scans of the manga. If you noticed a lot of them have the pages bent from the spine of the magazine. Unless you get can a physical copy of it, it'll be pretty difficult to find a decent copy.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:10:35 am »
It's an admirable goal.

However,  I think you'd benefit better if you could find better scans of the manga. If you noticed a lot of them have the pages bent from the spine of the magazine. Unless you get can a physical copy of it, it'll be pretty difficult to find a decent copy.
+1 to this. We need to find physical copies of the manga which is good/great condution. Current scans look bad.  :(

Another idea. Let's color Shiftylook comic. As I remember, page 45-55 is black-white.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 01:15:35 am »
It's an admirable goal.

+1 to this. We need to find physical copies of the manga which is good/great condution. Current scans look bad.  :(

Another idea. Let's color Shiftylook comic. As I remember, page 45-55 is black-white.
That's because it's supposed to be in black and white. It's a shout out to Moonlight Museum.

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 12:08:13 am »
Ok getting back to topic.... I was planning to color in the current pages mainly because I don't have the manga or a scanner on me so I will do what I can with coloring the pages plus I can't translate nothin so..... pretty much gonna have to deal with it
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 12:12:31 am by Megahog2014 »
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 12:17:18 pm »
That's because it's supposed to be in black and white. It's a shout out to Moonlight Museum.

I never thought about that. I just thought it was black and white because they were in a nightmare, and it was supposed to look bleak.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 03:22:34 pm »

I never thought about that. I just thought it was black and white because they were in a nightmare, and it was supposed to look bleak.

I was thinking that too, actually...maybe it's supposed to be both?

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 09:32:41 am »
Just updated the topic with a preview check it out

Offline Vincentmrl

• Crazy Pianist
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Moo!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 04:12:35 pm »
Just updated the topic with a preview check it out

I suggest you to use transparent colors to color it, else you'll lose all the shadowing and typical things of a manga. If you give me a page (any) I'll try coloring it, it doesn't take me much time to color things usually.

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 04:44:21 pm »
I actually started on the very first page (Yeah I was really serious on this kinda of thing) Also I got the manga from here http://forums.untamedheart.us/index.php/topic,185.0.html