In some instances, all you can do is wahoo.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Would Anyone Be Interested in a Secret Santa?  (Read 9276 times)

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
Would Anyone Be Interested in a Secret Santa?
« on: December 04, 2014, 09:21:19 pm »
A lot of fandoms do this, this time of year, but I've only done it once like two years ago in the Lorax fandom... It would be interesting to try again, for sure..!

If anyone's interested, let me know, I can try to organize a sign up sheet and PM everyone their secret-buddy!

EDIT: Sign Up Sheet Available!! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vm1O7fw5h-Q4nF0QM4zmDMTbchjCzjTy5YjZ6oh3Log/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:36:46 pm by Artsy »

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
Re: Would Anyone Be Interested in a Secret Santa?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 09:23:19 pm »
Sounds interesting.

Sign me up!  ;D

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 09:32:38 pm »
I've never done something like. what exactly do you do? If I can I'll try it

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 09:39:06 pm »
I wanna try this, too, but I...have no idea what this implies. Do you buy the gifts, and send them out? Or is this sorta pretend? It'd be kinda weird to just, you know, mail stuff to each other.

...and, uh, don't expect me to spend any money if I participate. As it is, I can't even afford anything for myself, much less the thousands upon thousands of everyday living expenses... (Hey, I'm a thrifty guy, okay?)

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:41:46 pm »
...and, uh, don't expect me to spend any money if I participate. As it is, I can't even afford anything for myself, much less the thousands upon thousands of everyday living expenses... (Hey, I'm a thrifty guy, okay?)

Just buy them an iTunes gift card. They can get the OST of Star Medal with it.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 09:45:33 pm »
I've never done something like. what exactly do you do? If I can I'll try it

Well, first of all on the sign up sheet (we do this in the theater and I think it's a great idea) we would also include two things we like (preferably related to klonoa, or general things, for example "favorite character is _____/ I like romantic things/ favorite game is ____/ I like action shots" they don't have to be couplets like that I'm just spitballing) and one No-No (while I'd rather not spread negatives, it would be best to let people know what to stay away from so that we don't have any mishaps) and these points are only tips, not guidelines or limits to your creativity, the point is to surprise your buddy!

and the gift can be anything that you have a talent in! Any artistic medium shouldn't be limited (good with sculpture but can't physically give it to them? Take a photo! I once received a photo for an adorable crocheted gift and I still treasure it!) good at gifsets? Make a stunning one for your buddy, I've seen some amazing ones! Are you a writer? Make a oneshot or drabble!

there really isn't a limit on what a gift can be, just have fun with it!

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 09:48:05 pm »
I'd honestly prefer we don't start spending money on others, but if you aren't confident in making a gift, I suppose we could set a monetary cap so it isn't really unfair or anything. like $10 tops or even less? I don't know how much it would cost to buy a decent gift online...

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 09:48:40 pm »

Just buy them an iTunes gift card. They can get the OST of Star Medal with it.

Well, that could be easy enough.

...convincing my mother to let me purchase something of any kind for someone I've never actually met in person, and would probably consider such a gesture as "a waste of money", and other stuff I'd rather not bring up here...that could be an ordeal.

Also, wouldn't this involve telling each other their home adresses? I can imagine some people here would be a bit against the idea of sharing such personal information...but then, I'm probably being a bit paranoid in that department.

In any case, I'm intrigued, but at the same time may be unable/unwilling to participate. Sorry.

...Actually, I do like the idea of making a gift instead...even if I've been neglecting my artistic talents as of late. Oh, what the heck? Sign me up!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 09:50:37 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 10:47:52 pm »
Please understand that online secret santas DO NOT involve giving away personal information such as addresses. The gifts are supposed to be viewable or downloadable from the internet.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • The dude.
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 10:51:09 pm »
Please understand that online secret santas DO NOT involve giving away personal information such as addresses. The gifts are supposed to be viewable or downloadable from the internet.

OH. this makes a LOT more sense. I suppose I COULD do something for somebody, then...

Sure, I'm still totally for this!