We're partners with the Klonoa for Smash Bros. Facebook page! Be sure to give them a visit!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Engine  (Read 23713 times)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Klonoa Engine
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2014, 08:51:34 pm »
:oo yay I'mma let out 2 more levels for the old soon to be defunct editor but they are also just some more testing xD

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2015, 08:04:14 pm »
I'm usually not a fan of flash games... at all... but I was pleasantly surprised by this, this is really well done! :D The floating feels a little off, but apart from that, I think you've captured the the feel of the GBA games.  ;D

By the way, you might want to know that your moos don't respawn, meaning if you kill one by accident, you're screwed, and losing a life/dying will keep sending you back, and if you dies enough times in a row, you might end up back t the beginning. If you're still alive, still in these forums, and still working on this, than you might want to look into these.  ;)

Offline S.Z.

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • This sentence contains a lie.
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2015, 08:41:29 am »
I'm usually not a fan of flash games... at all... but I was pleasantly surprised by this, this is really well done! :D The floating feels a little off, but apart from that, I think you've captured the the feel of the GBA games.  ;D

By the way, you might want to know that your moos don't respawn, meaning if you kill one by accident, you're screwed, and losing a life/dying will keep sending you back, and if you dies enough times in a row, you might end up back t the beginning. If you're still alive, still in these forums, and still working on this, than you might want to look into these.  ;)

Did you play the flash build or the newest .exe build, the flash build is rather old, and the floating is barely implemented in and there is no respawn in that version, the newer exe versions have respawn, and the other features are more complete, haven't compiled a .swf in a while, I'll probably showcase the next version of the flash build in the finished fangame I'm making.

Personal life, some other stuff and illness has been the reason I haven't been working on the engine lately, but I'll try to get around to resume work on it soon.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 01:49:27 pm by S.Z. »

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2015, 09:25:19 am »
I thought the .exe was just a level builder? Well, I'll try that out next time I'm on Windows. (I dual-boot with Linux, and mostly use Linux.)

EDIT: I've tried it, and it's brilliant!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:59:54 am by Cobra! »