Huepow is the real villian in Door to Phantomile.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Fan Game - Klonoa Star Kingdom  (Read 5884 times)

Offline Caos

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
Fan Game - Klonoa Star Kingdom
« on: November 18, 2016, 08:58:57 am »
 :D Hello everybody! This is your language challanged new friend Caos here. And I'm bringing you this fangame I made called Klonoa Star Kingdom that can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmhl9kjcxcywpyq/KlonoaStarKingdom.zip?dl=0

Now this game is a litte diferent then other Klonoa games, in this game when you hit an enemy you get the Sun Paradgma that allows you to scorch lesser enemies and is your only weapon agaist bosses. If you want you can change it for the Moon Paradgma that allows you to double jump but this is a one-way street. Now with the trailer of the game:

I sugest you read the explanaition after the cutscene of the game (not the trailer) to understand the Paradigma System more before you play. As you may noticed this game has a little of a Megaman inspiration in it but not a lot (that means you can't take your enemy's weapon, sorry).
Just because this is a Klonoa dedicated forum I am gonna tell a secret to you: Before you play the game insert an audio CD in your PC for a surprise  :big_smile:

Well I guess that is all that I had to say

Have a great day,
Caos

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
Re: Fan Game - Klonoa Star Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 10:34:16 am »
I want this I want this I want this. :D
I, uh, need to find my old laptop plug before that. It's been a couple months, though...give me time.  :bad_straight_face:

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 01:30:23 pm »
Looks interesting, but I hope the art style gets re-done. Doesn't look right to me. :/
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 05:21:55 pm »
It could work, but it just feels moderately slow. Unless its still in the early stages of development. :S

Offline Caos

• Heart Moo
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 06:28:33 pm »
Looks interesting, but I hope the art style gets re-done. Doesn't look right to me. :/

If I use the same backgrounds but used the art style of the sprite attached would it make the game better in your opinion?

It could work, but it just feels moderately slow. Unless its still in the early stages of development. :S

Do you mean the player move slowly or the enemies or the bosses?

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 12:24:40 am »
Hmm played what I could when I got time.
I could find a lot of things that may need help in fixing however it is your game make it as you want it to be.

As far as ideas The cursive text in the explanation might be difficult for some people to read. I am unsure if cursive is taught anymore in schools atm.

You can become stuck inside of yellow boxes with faces if you let them re spawn with you in the same location.

Also I don't know if it is fixable you can slow the game down by pressing C repeatedly.

Offline Caos

• Heart Moo
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 08:57:56 am »
Hmm played what I could when I got time.
I could find a lot of things that may need help in fixing however it is your game make it as you want it to be.

As far as ideas The cursive text in the explanation might be difficult for some people to read. I am unsure if cursive is taught anymore in schools atm.

You can become stuck inside of yellow boxes with faces if you let them re spawn with you in the same location.

Also I don't know if it is fixable you can slow the game down by pressing C repeatedly.

Thank you and thank everybody for your feedback I thought I had that Timer Block Problem solved but apparently not :( anyways now I'm sure I had those devils fixed. I zipped the "timer block problem solved" version of the game along with a Read me file containing the instructions on the book of the game.
About the cursive text I decided to use it to give a "ancient handwritten book" feel to the instruction I had no idea that they don't teach cursive where you live.
About the "Pressing C repeatedly" problem I don't know if that is fixable too I tried a few things but nothing. :confused:

Anyway here is the zip file with the read me text and the "timer block problem" fixed:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i10o8dc2z78rcbx/KlonoaStarKindgom101.zip?dl=0

Offline Enchlore

• Working Man
  • Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • If this be my destiny...!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 10:50:51 am »
Judging by the trailer, the graphics look very amateurish and the physics are wonky. I'm gonna give the game a try later because I see some interesting concepts, I just wanted to point out some things.

Offline Caos

• Heart Moo
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 02:03:51 pm »
Judging by the trailer, the graphics look very amateurish and the physics are wonky. I'm gonna give the game a try later because I see some interesting concepts, I just wanted to point out some things.

Thank you for giving it a try when you have the time, just make sure to download the latest version, the one with the "timer block problem" fixed, the version from my previous post is the latest one.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 02:44:36 pm »
I'll test when I get time I'm usually busy. Experimentally I'm more focused on gameplay that graphics atm my self.

But I want to help with what odd insights I can give.