Countless of souls have perished staring at Aura's profile picture.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Disappearing Folder  (Read 3759 times)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Disappearing Folder
« on: December 31, 2014, 03:51:27 am »
I have a major problem here. I have a folder where I keep all my data on this computer. But it suddenly disappeared into thin air. I didn't do anything, it's just gone. I tried searching it, changing the hidden folder settings, doing a threat scan, doing a recovery scan, but nothing works. Earlier today i did compress a few files on the other section of the hardrive I use, but that shouldn't have effected anything else. I'm really scared that I lost everything, can someone please help?

Offline Naoya

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • Way too personal
Re: Disappearing Folder
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 04:06:49 am »
Do you have a restore point on your computer? It might be worth a try. Otherwise, I'm really not sure. Sorry if that doesn't help.
The Crimson Angel of Judecca cometh!

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 04:26:20 am »
Do you have a restore point on your computer? It might be worth a try. Otherwise, I'm really not sure. Sorry if that doesn't help.

yeah i just tried that. it restored the folder, but nothing in it. i really don't know what to do now...

Offline CalmSerenity

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 52
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 12:52:48 pm »
Hmm, the only thing I can really think of right now is to go back to the folder options and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files" and see if the contents of the folder come up :unsure: Otherwise, I'm not really sure. You could check your recycle bin to see if anything happened to end up there, but I'd really doubt that'd be the case :/

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 12:54:39 pm »
I'm sure you already did, but yeah, check your recyle bin.
Have you tried Recuva? It doesn't always work but it may be worth a shot, it's saved my butt a few times before.
I hope you fix it, I would be flipping out..

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 02:24:41 pm »
yeah i've tried all these things, but nothing works. though i have a bit more information now. so my computer told me to compress some files since it was low on disk space and needed more to run smoothly. so i clicked ok, and it said "compressing old files" after that it said "would you like to remove unwanted programs?" i said yeah, and uninstalled a program that was located in my folder. that's when it disappeared. i think it might have gotten compressed. but i searched for it, and it didn't come up. i don't know where compressed files are sent to either. I've been trying to figure out the command for restoring compressed files, but i haven't been successful. plus i don't even know if the file was compressed. it could have just disappeared cause my computer's angry, who knows.

Offline Naoya

• Heart Moo
  • Way too personal
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 03:02:45 am »
Remove unwanted programs, huh... What kind of files were in that folder?

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 03:06:07 am »
Remove unwanted programs, huh... What kind of files were in that folder?

Pictures, minecraft, train of afterlife, save files, text documents, stuff like that

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 03:09:03 am »
This is the excact message i got http://www.hdd-tool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/windows-2008-server-low-disk-space.gif except it was for local disk E for me

Offline Naoya

• Heart Moo
  • Way too personal
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 03:42:02 am »
I think your computer saw those files you had as old and unnecessary and deleted them.