Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Older Klonoa drawings I didn't really share before!  (Read 1021 times)

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Older Klonoa drawings I didn't really share before!
« on: February 02, 2024, 12:50:36 am »
Looking back at some Klonoa things i made in very early 2023, i technically drew Klonoa before this, but, it was more so in meme test ways, like, for exmaple, my first animation, was, with Klonoa! I wanted to make the "Are ya winning son?" thing, but, it was Klonoa, and Hewpoe came in, he had a nose bleed, and, yeah, it was not great, i hate looking back at that...  :drowned: But, fine. (sigh) I can say one thing is for sure, some animation frames, look, actually kinda good despite being, well, digitally drawing, and i was still very inexperienced. I don't have it anymore tho, i deleted it, for good.

Around 2022 i also made this digital one, i was experimenting with digital drawings at the time, but i would soon move to traditional ones.

Some might like it, but, i think it could've been only so much better still...  :sleeping:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

But, here are some of my first, GENUINE, Klonoa drawings i made, with paper and pencils.

I started off with a reference picture, testing facial expressions and his proportions, what i can say for sure is, this is so backwards with what i work with now...  :embarassed: i've seen taken note of many things, like, the pupils, the pupils are, positioned as if it was the Phantasy Reverie Series model here, which looks, odd and Simpsons like? it is like, too centered on his eyeball and not thin enough per say? Whereas now, i make his pupils, well, closer to one and the other, so it looks cuter.
Also, he looks, way too tall... I don't like Klonoa being like this... Or anything really...  :sick:

Right after that, still very early 2023, i started to work on this monstrosity, i wanted to make a comic similar to the official Klonoa comics, with slap-stick turns and twists, specifically, the 4 Koma one from the late 90s. Well, it has its charm, i was still getting the hang of things, but, overall, it's, fine i guess.
One thing tho...  :bad_straight_face: PG warning, i don't mean PG in today's age, i mean PG in like, the past, but, y'know what, i'm sure you can handle it, besides, the 4 Koma comic had a similar page, with a similar joke.

Here, a Klonoa model i made from 2022 - 2023. I think it could've been a bit better, but, it already looks better than the PRS model, as in, it looks more faithful honestly.

I was oppening requests around this time too, early 2023, ThatGuy70(Mikey) wanted me to draw something, and, i did.
I left these requested drawings in another post tho.

Well, here are some dumb tests for how should i draw Lolo, and, honestly, neither of these i was satisfied with.  :sleeping:

Later version, also testing that cut Klonoa character:

One day in 2023, the website got a new theme, and i made the new theme!

Here is an earlier clean version of it, no shading yet:

Here is the finalized version:

Speaking of which... I was trying these for Mikey, but, i never finished these, earlier drafts for something he requested for some other time.

Here is an earlier draft for a drawing i was making for Arisho as well, there are too many flaws in it, so i started over, and i don't regret it!

A later test for reference of Klonoa, much closer to what i do now, but not, quite, there, yet...!  :hey:

And now, here is basicly the final reference i made to set standards!

2 animation key frames that got crushed unfortunately...  :sad_face:

Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline kittenwatermemes

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Wahoo!
    • Tumblr
Re: Older Klonoa drawings I didn't really share before!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 06:23:11 pm »
Oh wow!
A lot of these are pretty good!
I'm quite impressed
I'm an special needs person with Autism, ADHD, etc. I'm an artist, I like music, games, and other things. I'm on Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, and some other things. I also have a rare leukemia genie called ETV6.

My mind rejects the frequency, it's static craziness to me, Is it a solar fever? The TV man's too loud, our plane is sleeping on a cloud, You turn the dial, I'll try and smile
Wahoo!

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Dreams make a wish come true
Re: Older Klonoa drawings I didn't really share before!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 11:24:15 am »
I think you captured Klonoa's classic aesthetic spot on, the lot of these are nice. I wonder what you plan to do with that 3D model too.
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho